Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Inglewood : Real Estate Advice

  • All90
  • Local Info10
  • Home Buying20
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions2

Activity 23
Sun Jun 23, 2013
Michael Magaw answered:
More recent than what? More recent than the comparables showing on the Trulia profile, sales dated March 2013, and several dated November 2012.

Are you looking to purchase in the Crossroads? You agent should provide you with comps and any other information that you need to make an informed decision. If you are not working with an agent, then I would suggest that you meet and interview one or more and pick an exclusive agent.

Michael Magaw
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 29, 2013
Shirley Smith answered:
good evening, it varies; the warranty will be specified in the contract from the company. You will receive an estimate to sign prior to the fumigation which is the time to ask this question.. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 29, 2013
Shirley Smith answered:
good evening,

Even if the lender is not asking for termite work as part of the loan conditions, the termite work is very important. If the termite work is not done, termite will eat your home's wood over time causing extensive damage and reducing the value. What may cost $3,000 today, will cost many times that as termite continue to cause damage. When escrow closes, make the termite work a priority.......

Read the real estate purchase agreement; i always include termite inspection and repair to be completed by the seller unless the seller is a bank. Short Sale and Foreclosure banks usually will not pay for this.
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 6, 2013
Chance Schubert answered:
This question is best left to your lender...

It depends on what type of loan you decide to go with. It could be anything from 0% to 30%.
My best advice to you would be contact your bank & talk about mortgage options. ... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 7, 2012
DJ Bonner answered:
Yes, it is possible. Please email me and I will give you the contact info for my lender.
Thank you,
DJ Bonner
Keller Williams Realty
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 21, 2014
beto answered:
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 24, 2012
Laura Coffey answered:
The best thing to do would be to call the HOA or your preferred lender.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 29, 2014
Michael Magaw answered:
Thomas, I can put you in touch with some people. Call or email me.

Michael Magaw
New Homes and Land Brokers
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 24, 2012
Anna M Brocco answered:
Keep in mind that scams do exit, and you may have stumbled upon one; never exchange any money, nor personal information until at the lease signing table; and definately never send any funds without seeing the unit, nor verifying proof of ownership. You may wish to report the incident to the local authorities, and if the ad appeared on this site, advise customer service. ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 27, 2012
Boris Russanov answered:
Contact condo association or your experienced local Real Estate Agent.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 31, 2012
Scott Godzyk answered:
That is an awful situation, depending in the type of help you may want to contact the CA Bar association to see if you can get an attorney, you may need legal advice. I am not in CA so i can not help but hopfully soemone from you area sees your post and can help. my advice is to call an attorney first and perhaps the law. The state of CA also will have a department that takes care of elderly complaints. good luck working things out ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 7, 2012
Daniel Rangel answered:
I have sold many houses in Inglewood and very familiar with the area. Most of my past clients in that area have been FHA so I know how to work that financing in the area. Call me or email me I can recomend a couple of good lenders. FHA is unique requires familiarity. Good luck! ... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 7, 2012
Anna M Brocco answered:
Consider working with an agent of your own--interview in person a few agents, or as many as needed, from different realty companies, then choose the one you like best...ask about scheduling around your needs, who will choose the properties to be seen, can you expect updates on new listings and recently sold properties, and how often will communication occur, etc.; ask about current sales in your areas of interest, negotiating strategies, etc.--then go from there. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 15, 2012
Joseph Domino answered:
You definitely need to speak with a lender (or two) and go through the approval process. This will clarify the situation with regard to the amount you are qualified for, what your payments might be and alert you to anything that you need to take care of financially before taking this big step.

With regard to hiring an agent. Yes, this is important and don't fool yourself into thinking that you do not need one because you can view homes on the internet. Start interviewing agents but let them know you are working the approval issue. The agent can keep their eyes open for properties that fit your criteria. Homes you see today on the market may not be available by the time you get your financing settled. You want to be ready to write a contract if you find that great home.
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 9, 2010
Cassandra Black, Consultant answered:
Many of them will be not be located in your immediate geographic area. Target the big property preservation companies (many of whom are overwhelmed) and offer your services. You will have fill out their vendor pack, which will ask for license and insurance. You will have to provide the zip codes you service. They will contact you with work orders as properties are foreclosed on in your area. They will contact other vendors, too. They often have their own pricing caps. Just b/c you get a work order does not mean you have to take it ... review their pricing caps carefully to make sure you can make a profit from the job. Tons of free info at link below. Good luck!

Cassandra Black, Foreclosure Cleanup, LLC, Atlanta, GA
... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 10, 2010
Shel-lee Davis answered:

You are in luck. There are quite a few properties in Long Beach, Inglewood, Compton & Lynwood that fit your price parameters. Fewer in Hawthorne and Gardena and fewer still in Torrance and Carson. More information would be necessary to find you the right property. Feel free to contact me directly, or provide the additional information by responding to this answer. Some basics would be:
1. How do you intend to pay for the property? Loan or Cash?
2. Are you okay with a fixer?
3. Do you want it vacant or rented?
4. How many units are you looking for?

It would be my pleasure to help you locate the right property. Dare to Dream.

Shel-lee Davis, CDPE
Your Real Estate Consultant for Life
RE/MAX Palos Verdes Realty
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 11, 2009
Andrew Jones answered:
Hi Robert,

What is the house's ZIP Code? Please feel free to contact me for information on this home.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 13, 2009
Michael Magaw answered:
This would best be answered after you provide more information. If you want, email or call me and explain exactly what you are planning to do. I would be happy to advise you.

Michael Magaw
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 13, 2009
Grace Hanamoto answered:
Hello Ms Led:

Typically, the Earnest Money Deposit is 3 percent of the total sales price, which, in your case, would be $1950 on a purchase price of $65,000. However, I would strongly suggest, if you do not already have a real estate consultant, that you please obtain representation. Not knowing the amount of the typical earnest money deposit is a simple matter to fix, but a sales transaction can quickly become a "nest of bees" with questions about the condition of the home, the costs, how to negotiate repairs, the appraisal, the loan, and the districts where the home is located--not to mention what happens at closing.

A Realtor will help you decipher the reports you read, and provide you with important information about the property that may affect your willingness to buy. Without having this help, you may seriously be hampering your ability to make a good, solid financial decision.

Talk with a Realtor today to help you protect yourself, and your finances, by advising you through the sales transaction. Good luck!!

Grace Morioka
Area Pro Realty
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice
Inglewood Zip Codes