Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Ingleside : Real Estate Advice

  • All8
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying0
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 10
Tue Apr 16, 2013
John Walin answered:
you need ITM number or social security number to get a mortgage. Lender will not loan money to an illegal resident like in the good old days six years ago. Also you need to have filed federal taxes too and provide 2 or 3 years of tax returns. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 17, 2013
Gary Geer answered:
I can send you available listings in that area for your review and consideration. Just let me know where to send them. You can have access to rental listings today!

All the best,
Gary Geer
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Feb 20, 2013
Suzanne Hamilton answered:

You need to contact an attorney immediately. I hate to say it, but this is the reason real estate transactions are too complicated to be handled between private parties with no assistance from an attorney or professional realtor.

Call and attorney and get it straightened out for your benefit. Real estate attorneys charge very little to handle this - couple hundred dollars. This money is well worth avoiding potential losses and problems. Good luck.
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 15, 2013
Scott Godzyk answered:
Ed without the deed on record it is not legal. You should find out if you can record it now. Some states do have limits and then you must provide good cause. I would seek the advice of a local real estate attorney to protect you. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 26, 2010
Roxy Van Bockel answered:
This isn't the sort of answer you want answered on a realtors site. This is a question you need to place to an attorney as this is a legal question and could cost you a great deal if you don't address it correctly. However a first step you can do on your own would be do a title search through the state or an escrow company to discover if there are any recorded liens on the property. This would save the attorney time which might save you money! ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 28, 2011
Keith Sorem answered:
I suggest you discuss your question with a real estate attorney. You are asking a question regarding "vesting", or how people hold title to property. This question has serious legal consequences, and each locality has differing customs.

I will tell that I have been told by title people that a quitclaim can cause title insurance problems (meaning to say "who has clear title to a property".
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 30, 2008
The Michael Lescher Team answered:
No deed NEEDS to be recorded but it is wise to record any deed as it puts the public and anyone with an interest in the property on notice that someone has a claim on title.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 15, 2008
Paul Mackey answered:
There is no lega requirement to record a deed, but why wouldn't you? It makes any legal claims you may have a lot easier...
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Apr 15, 2008
Ute Ferdig answered:
Hi Gladys. The purpose of recording a deed is to give notice to the general public so that nobody can say they did not know. Knowledge of the public record is imputed. For instance, if someone buys a piece of property (all cash), but never records the deed, he still owns the property, but if the former owner were to sell the property again to another third party who does not know anything about the prior sale, then the first purchaser can't complain to the second purchaser. The second purchaser would be considered a bona fide purchaser because he did not know that the prior owner was no longer the owner and he could not have found out by looking at the public records because the first buyer did not record the deed. Thus, if you don't want trouble down the road, you definitely should record the quit claim deed. Otherwise, it's only good between you and the person who signed it. It really doesn't do you a whole lot of good. Unless the quitclaim deed was somehow rescinded, I see no reason why it would not be valid anymore. It's not like there's some kind of an expiration date on it. I have to add my usual disclaimer. I am not an Illinois attorney and I would recommend that you seek legal advice from a licensed attorney to make sure that there are no special requirements under Illinois law. Good luck. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 20, 2013
Joe Zekas answered:
Search for your address on and look for comparable sales in the immediate area. You should also be able to find some comparables on this site.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Ingleside Zip Codes