Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Independence : Real Estate Advice

  • All92
  • Local Info6
  • Home Buying37
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions5

Activity 44
Mon Feb 11, 2013
Tim Moore answered:
Each listing will have a different number of Days On Market (DOM) depending how long they have been listed. The number depends if it was listed crazy wild way to high, way too high, to high, just right, low or too low. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 7, 2013
The Sherri Oaks Team answered:
The average for the year is 88. This is a decrease from last year. The average DOM in 2011 was 96 days. If you would like additional info please feel free to contact.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Dec 13, 2012
Kim Glass answered:
Hi Texastamee,

Please add a bit more details to your question so we know what kind of info you're looking for. Once you do so, hopefully we can help you get your questions answered.

-Kim, Community Manager
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Mar 26, 2015
Anna Ellebracht Castelli answered:
Make sure the taxes, insurance and pmi are included in the payment amounts you are looking at. I am a Realtor that grew up in Independence and I can help you through the whole buying process from looking, getting preapproved, thru closing! Please call or email if you have any's a great time to buy!!
Anna 816.716.2350
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 13, 2012
Cammy Hinson answered:
I have a very experienced Lender named Ron Yarbrough, he has been in the business for years... I send all my clients to him... here is the contact information, you can even just go online and apply or call him personally...

Ron Yarbrough - CMPS (r) NMLS # 263379
Certified Mortgage Planning Specialist

913-307-1608 office
913-579-4939 cell
913-982-8605 Right Fax

Tell him I sent you.. Cammy Hinson, 913-279-1673... and give me a call so we can get you set up with a criteria search so you can start looking through houses.. I would be happy to help in any way I can :)
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Oct 17, 2012
Mack McCoy answered:
Thu Oct 4, 2012
Dale Weir answered:
The Missouri Housing Development Corporation (MHDC) has monies available for use by first time homebuyers who meet their criteria.

There is often money available through the local municipal government. I can't tell you who in the Independence area manages it though. In the St Louis area, it's controlled by St Louis County and is managed by Beyond Housing, Better Family Life and NECAC. On all the programs, you typically cannot have owned a home for the past 3 years (there are some exceptions if you are in a divorce situation) and you have to meet certain income guidelines.

Check with your local Realtor and Mortgage lender for more information
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 16, 2012
The Sherri Oaks Team answered:
We would be happy to advise you and then help you when you are ready. Please feel free to call me or Laurie with any questions
Sherri 816-365-8660
Laurie 816-365-3899
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 27, 2012
Cammy Hinson answered:
Its easy!!! Just give me a call 913-279-1673 Cammy Hinson
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 31, 2012
Carol Jacobson answered:
Contact a Title company for starters they should be a good idea to the law. Than of course go further and talk to a real estate attorney in the state you are doing this in.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jul 31, 2012
Fred Yancy answered:
Check the legal notices in your local newspaper. You can also go to the local city taxes website and download a list FREE.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 14, 2012
Connlynn answered:
Mon Aug 13, 2012
Karen Mehl, Broker/Owner answered:
Is your question....WHICH subdivisions have Independence addresses but Blue Springs Schools? It would be easiest to look at the Blue Springs district map. Look under Community Links on my website; Blue Springs is the first link and then look on their site for District Boundary Maps. Good Luck! ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 23, 2012
Linda Hueffmeier answered:
I am a realtor working the Independence area. Call me so we can discuss your situation and I can give you the names of some lenders who will be truthful with you and have good products that fit your needs. The initial information with the lender can be given over the phone and the approval can usually be received the same day. After the initial conversation they will tell you what paperwork you will need to gather and give to them for verification to go forward. My phone is 816-210-0031. Linda ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 12, 2012
Susan Wiemann answered:
I don't know of any apartment complexes that include utilities, sorry. I would suggest you do a Google search and then call for further information.
I would like to suggest that you consider buying a home in Independence, instead of renting. Because rental rates have increased, owning a home is less expensive than renting. You could own a nice home for much less than you would spend renting an apartment.
I'd be happy to help you every step of the way, starting with names of lenders to contact for pre-approval, to finding a house and giving you the keys at closing. There is even Missouri grant money to help with the down payment for first time home buyers!
I love helping buyers find a home, and would be happy to help you, just contact me!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jun 4, 2012
Michelle Bratton asked:
im trying to find out who is the property owner of this adress
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 13, 2014
Jim Olive answered:
Not to get too personal, but it really depends a lot on what you mean by "roommate". The bank will not allow a sale that isn't an "arm's lenght transaction", meaning that the two parties (buyer and seller) are not related. By "related", they will include husband/wife, boyfriend/girlfriend, boyfriend/boyfriend, etc (you get the picture). They are losing money and they want to make sure the person who causes them to lose that money does not benefit from the deal. Even just plain "roommates" who share nothing more than the rent might fail the test because it is likely the person who caused them to lose the money would still end up living in the property. Short sales are very quirky arrangements and banks act even stranger about them than they do everything else! Good luck with your situation... ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 23, 2012
Angela Korbin answered:
Is this the house you were referring to?
It was taken off the market, but it didn't sell. Email me if you would like for me to try and get us a private viewing. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 24, 2012
Terri Vellios answered:
I suggest you look at the City or County website which is offering the Grant. Here in San Jose, our City of San Jose Housing Development Department has a website set up with all the income, forms, qualifying properties, preferred lenders, etc.

If you can't find that, get in contact with an agent who is familiar with these programs and they will direct you.

All the best to you.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 29, 2011
Deborah Garvin answered:
Casey, For a traditional FHA loan the lender wants the property to get in good condition. Since the down payment is only 3.5% the house is really the full collateral for the loan. Also, there are costs associated with owning your home that you are not accustomed to and your lender wants to ensure you are buying a property that is not going to cost you a fortune to maintain.

That said, FHA also has a 203K loan that is specifically for renovation of properties. Anything as simple as appliances all the way through a total rehab of the property. I specialize in the 203K and really encourage you to check out the program with your loan officer. If you do decide to pursue a 203K make sure you work with a local lender who has experience doing is not a loan program for your loan officer to be learning on.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
1 2 3
Search Advice
Independence Zip Codes