Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Selling in Idyllwild : Real Estate Advice

  • All31
  • Local Info5
  • Home Buying8
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions2

Activity 5
Sun May 17, 2015
Guy Gimenez answered:
In Texas, regardless of who has been paying the mortgage, HOA, taxes, etc., all parties on title will need to sign the deed (or authorize someone to sign on their behalf using POA) in order to transfer their respective rights to another party. ... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 24, 2012
Grace Hudson answered:
Good Morning Sian,

I'm so sorry for your lose. My sister and I were in the same boat as you are. I'm a little confused though as to the "they" are that is making you sale the house now. As far as Utilities go whoever's name is on the accounts is who is responsible for paying. The bills will be attached to the individual not the house. Has the house been listed yet? If not I have some ideas that might be able to help you with the Utility bills. Feel free to give me a call and we can talk about the possibilities.

Take Care,
Grace Rosenberger
Cell: 951-295-6422
DRE #01295350
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 29, 2016
Laura Coffey answered:
Unfortunately it would take both to agree in order to sell. He could try buying her out or she needs to seek legal council.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Sep 27, 2013
John Souerbry answered:
You need an attorney. Since there is no will, and maybe no trust(?), her estate will be settled according to current probate law. The court will determine next-of-kin and either assign that person or a professional fiduciary to settle the estate. Since there are too many moving parts, you need to have any attorney figure out just what will happen. If you are the next of kin, you need an attorney to inform the court of that fact. Again, you need to speak with a probate attorney to assess the issues specific to your situation. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 20, 2012
Tony Grech answered:
I think you really need to direct this question to an attorney.

My guess is that you could sue to force the sale of the home, but in the meantime you're equally liable for the mortgage debt and if he decides not to make payments then it's all on you. In addition, the best you can probably hope for is a 50/50 split of proceeds regardless of how much of the down payment you put down.

Good luck!
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Home Selling in Idyllwild Zip Codes