Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Hyde Park : Real Estate Advice

  • All14
  • Local Info3
  • Home Buying3
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 3
Mon Nov 15, 2010
Ted Duncan answered:
Depending on your Purchase and sales agreement and how the mortgage contingency reads, you may be entitled to back out or renegotiate. Without a Realtor, it's hard to say what you signed. I hope you had an attorney represent you for the P&S at least.

As for the right thing to do.? You need the mortgage to buy the home. An apraisal is meant to protect the bank from lending on an overvalued property. It can also protect you as a buyer. There is no shame in not willing to over pay for a property, but you need to consult a Real Estate attorney to make sure you are not breaching your contract in any way.
... more
0 votes 22 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 2, 2010
Don Tepper answered:
The steps would involve your finding a Realtor to help you. The Realtor would approach the purchaser and find out whether, and under what conditions, the purchaser would like to sell.

Good luck.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat May 31, 2008
Dru Akins answered:
Hyde Park does have some homes on the market and most are in decent shape, although they do not stay on very long. I have lived here since 95 and I love it. We have raised four children here. This is why we have started our real estate company here. If you would like to see some homes, please feel free to contact us. I can be contacted at 617-333-3223 Office or 617-406-8019 Cell ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Hyde Park Zip Codes