I have a three-page document covering this subject in detail, and I'll be happy to e-mail a copy to you. Just call me at 702-672-4878. No obligation.
Briefly, the five most important things are:
1. Who pays for what on a monthly basis? (pool service, trash pick-up, water, and many more.).
2. Is there a HOA? If so, get a copy of the CC&Rs and the Rules and Regulations.
3. Is there a management company involved to collect the rent, handle repairs, etc., or will you be dealing directly with the owner. (Management company is best!)
4. How will repairs be handled if they become necessary?
5. What is the penalty if you have to break the lease?
There is much more to consider, however, so please call me at 702-672-4878, and I will be able to provide some more information.
Regards, Dave Crowell