Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Selling in Hayward : Real Estate Advice

  • All299
  • Local Info17
  • Home Buying126
  • Home Selling17
  • Market Conditions10

Activity 16
Tue Jun 12, 2012
Dot Chance answered:
You would need to take a look at your mortgage papers to see if you have an assumable loan. Some people sell their home with a wraparound mortgage, or All Inclusive Trust Deed.

You may want to call your local title company to see what would be involved. You may have to have your lender's approval.

Dot Chance
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 1, 2011
Usually it is the past two months. You can write a letter of explanation if you wish.

Happy funding, Rudi
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 31, 2011
The Heather Woodward Team answered:
I haven't found this to be necessarily true. There are tons of condos in my market and being a resort area, in most cases, the owner does not live in the property. There are so many other variables surrounding a short sale such as purchase agreement price, the market, etc. ... more
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 4, 2011
Amy Givoni answered:
You need to use a professional negotiator. We just closed a file, which I think is in your area, north of San Francisco, in Petaluma, CA. We have references. We are closing over 90% of our short sales. Please give us a call and we can explain how we operate and can answer your questions regarding short sales and getting your files closed.

Short Sale Department, LLC
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Sep 29, 2017
Earl Boyer answered:
I'm not trying to be negative but it sounds like you may have taken an investing course. In Utah anyone acting in another person's behalf in a real estate transaction, and receiving compensation is required to be licensed. you might want to check the California Code before you spend a lot of time on something that might not pan out. ... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 6, 2010
Christy Brock answered:
If this was a regular transaction, you would first have to prove that the seller knew about the roof fungus and un-permitted work and intentionally did not disclose this information. This was a bank owned property so the seller has no liability. You should have done a roof inspection, termite inspection and general home inspection when you purchased the house. If you did not, then the liability is with you. If you did, then the liability is with the roof or other inspector that failed to catch the damage. But, you have to prove the damage existed at the time of purchase in order to then find the inspector at fault.

When you provide disclosures for the prospective buyer, you must disclose both issues since you are aware of them. Your Realtor will be able to help you correctly disclose the information. If you are $7k below what is owed and you have to pay another 7% to sell the property (commission plus transaction costs depending on the city/county) if you do not have cash on hand, then you will need to short sell.
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 4, 2011
The NoCo Home Team answered:
That is a frustrating experience, for sure and you are smart to at least evaluate your options. The short answer is that it depends on what you actually signed. Many times, agents/brokers will have you sign a Agency Disclosure form which will explain the differences in relationships and what both the obligations and benefits are of each relationship. This is not a binding contract but a disclosure.

If you also signed an exclusive agency agreement, you are bound to allow that agent/broker the opportunity to sell your home but you can sell it yourself without having to pay commission. If you signed an Exclusive Listing Agreement you are bound to the agent/broker and will pay commission regardless of who is responsible (even you) for selling the home. However, I must admit ignorance as to the nuances of California agency which may be different than Colorado.

In my opinion, most decent agents will work to sort out the issues if you are not happy and should let you out of an agreement if you are truly not happy with their service (especially at this early stage). Step one should be to contact your new agent and discuss your concerns. My hope is that you will be pleasantly surprised with the response and will have a successful sale.

Best of luck!
... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 3, 2011
Tim Cahill answered:
Hi Courious,

Of course, I first need to say you should consult with a local attorney, as they will be in the best position to know the local and state laws. However, in general, the short sale needs to be an "arms-length" deal, meaning the buyer and seller can't be related. But again, Nevada laws may be different, so be sure to check with a qualified attorney before proceeding.

Hope this helps! -Tim
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 19, 2010
Sean Dawes answered:
I would reach out and talk to a realtor out there who is experienced in short sales. They will be able to guide you through this process with the bank.

You will need to draft up a hardship letter as well as prove you are not going to be able to pay in the future as you mentioned. So as much proof as possible is best.

Sean Dawes
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 17, 2009
James Gordon ABR SFR SRS answered:
Andrea you would need to contact Google to fix the street view. Trulia gets their street view as a direct link to Google.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Aug 31, 2009
The Hagley Group answered:

May I ask what you need this for? I can provide more accurate info. if I know
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Aug 17, 2009
Pacita Dimacali answered:
No one other than a lawyer should attempt to answer this question, and only after getting all the facts.

If your friend isn't represented by an attorney, she should get one. At this time, wish her the best of luck, or help her find a good attorney. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 3, 2011
The Medford Team answered:
Minute Lady:

It is VERY unlikely that the banks will let you sell to anyone who is related to you. They view it as a conflict of interest. We've asked this question directly of lenders and the answer has always been no. Let me know if you'd like additional information. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 20, 2008
The Medford Team answered:

In order for you to complete a short sale, the lenders will need to look at all of your assets. It is a very invasive process – they will want to see absolutely everything. If you are on title on another property, and there is equity in that property, they will typically look at it as an asset, even if you do not live there. Since your brother purchased 8 years ago, I’m guessing there is equity by now.

You need to talk to a good accountant and a real estate attorney. It does not always make sense to do a short sale: they can advise you as to the specifics on your home and help you evaluate your options. You also might want to examine the various ways for getting off the title on your brother’s home.

We’ve helped a number in short sale situations: we’d be happy to meet with you. We can also provide references for the various other professionals you will need to assist you.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 21, 2008
Charles answered:
Hello JPH,

What's the name and location of the complex?


0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 7, 2008
Dallas Texas answered:
Contact a local agent are you speaking about active, or closed.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice