Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Selling in Hamilton County : Real Estate Advice

  • All1
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying0
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 8
Sat Aug 23, 2014
Eric Fox answered:
Give me a Call at 696-3250
We will fiqure out why you home has not sold and will get it sold by 1/1/13
No reason to wait I have buyers ready to buy today
0 votes 18 answers Share Flag
Fri May 13, 2016
Joe Shoemaker answered:

Great question.

There is no set fee for services in the Real Estate business. All commissions are negotiable between the Seller and the Broker.

One can find flat-fee brokers who will list a property for a very low flat fee, but offer few services. Experienced home sellers often find that they they are comfortable handling many of the aspects of a sale themselves and choose a broker who will work for a substantially reduced fee.

Other companies - like mine - are full-service and charge much higher fees. For home sellers who are not comfortable with many of the complicated and time-consuming aspects of a real estate transaction, a full-service brokerage tends to be their choice.

Good luck in your sale!

Joe Shoemaker
Principal Broker, REALTOR®
MacDuff Realty Group, LLC
317 413.8501!/jojosmojo
... more
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 20, 2010
Laura Musall asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 12, 2014
Joe Shoemaker answered:

Great question. If your interpretation of the tax credit is accurate (talk to your accountant to determine your specific eligibility), the dollar amount which will be used to determine your profit (or loss) will be the NET proceeds from the sale: sales price minus all fees, commissions, tax prorations, etc.

Using your outline above, a $170k sale with $10k in fees results in a $160k net.

Hope that helps!

Joe Shoemaker
Principal Broker, REALTOR®
MacDuff Realty Group, LLC
317 413.8501
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 20, 2010
Joe Shoemaker answered:

Changing the details of your listing is the job of the real estate agent who has your house listed. I encourage you to contact them directly to make that edit. Nobody at Truila can change it (nor do they monitor these kinds of issues) and neither can another agent.

The MIBOR database shows that the property has 3 full baths and 1 half bath. If that is incorrect, then the change needs to be made there first.

Good luck.

Joe Shoemaker
Principal Broker, REALTOR®
MacDuff Realty Group, LLC
317 413.8501
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 2, 2009
Joe Shoemaker answered:
If you have an address, I'd be happy to search recent sales data on your behalf.


Joe Shoemaker
Principal Broker, REALTOR®
MacDuff Realty Group
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Oct 10, 2014
Tim answered:
Ron -

Is your listing agent obtaining 'feedback' from prospective buyers? You obviously have more than just tire-kickers touring your home.

If you have your home listed FSBO or with a limited agency, time to roll up your sleeves and illicit an answer to your question from the buyers agent(s).

Are you or your listing agent highlighting financing options to the potential buyers? That can make or break a deal. Buyers have hundreds of options. Terms of the financing can muddy the waters behind the scenes!
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon May 12, 2008
Matt Fagioli answered:
You can probably get comps from a local agent. You could also look at Some lenders may accept this kind of information. But, in most cases, you need an actual appraisal. That said, $400 is a little steep for the average house. You might want to shop that a little bit. ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Home Selling in Popular Cities in Hamilton County