Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in Grandview : Real Estate Advice

  • All19
  • Local Info3
  • Home Buying4
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions3

Activity 1
Fri Nov 2, 2012
Ron Thomas answered:
You probably cannot:
You should be talking to a Real Estate Attorney; primarily because Missouri is a RECORSE State, meaning that the Lender can file a Deficiency Judgement against you.
There may be exceptions and loopholes, so you should get local advice.
One thing you may be able to do, is offer the Lender a Deed-in-Lieu in exchange for a letter from them absolving you of the debt: They may not accept, but you can try; talk to the attorney.
Understand that most lenders and probably the Government, will not consider your predicament to be a "hardship".

Good luck and may God bless
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Foreclosure in Grandview Zip Codes