Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Financing in Grand Rapids : Real Estate Advice

  • All393
  • Local Info30
  • Home Buying147
  • Home Selling17
  • Market Conditions10

Activity 13
Fri Feb 10, 2017
Jon Smith answered:
Pete St. John at Third Coast financial does "challenge" loan brokering. He may also know of other hard money options-
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 4, 2012
Terry McCarley answered:
I would recommend you speak with a real estate attorney. Signing incorrect paperwork sounds extremely risky to me.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Sep 1, 2013
Brek Schutten answered:
It is going to be difficult to get conventional or FHA financing for some time because the bankruptcy and foreclosure will prevent it for years regardless of your credit score. Your best option at this point would be a land contract or a lease with the option to purchase. If you would like more information on these options, contact me directly and we can figure out what would work for you. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 27, 2012
Brek Schutten answered:
I believe that the MSHDA down payment assistance is in the form of a soft second loan. This means that when you purchased the property, they gave you a loan for (up to) $7,500 for your closing costs. You do not have to make any payments on this loan, but if you sell before the allowed time frame, you would be required to pay of the full remaining loan amount. The second loan may be paid on your behalf monthly, so you may only have to pay back a prorated portion of it, but I would have to check with a lender to make sure. Let me know if I can help more. Thanks! ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jan 5, 2012
Lloyd Reed answered:
Chelsea, there are options out there for you. Many lenders have minimum scores for FHA mortgages of 620 but others go as low as 550 or less depending on your circumstances. I would encourage you to speak with a couple lenders, one of which I know does these types of loans. If you would like the contact information feel free to call me at 616-889-7662 or email me at ... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 4, 2011
Louanne asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 1, 2011
Carrie Vos answered:
Wed May 18, 2011
Michelle Gordon answered:
Who will not issue the gift letter, the parents or the lender?
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 8, 2010
Anthony Bird answered:
I am not sure if many banks are doing loans this small. The problem falls with section 32 financing (the red tape of the industry) - The goverment regulates fees as a percentage of the loan amount, so a small loan looks as if it has large fees although it may only be a couple hundred dollars. Bank want to avoid section 32 loans at all costs!

We have very little costs to pass on to you so we can avoid section 32 laws; we would be glad to help you out. You are welcome to ask for Anthony at 1-800-555-2098. Talk to you soon!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Aug 18, 2009
Dave V'Dovick answered:
I have lots of mortgage experience and can help answer your question. It depends on how much and a few other factors that I need to discuss with you. Please call Dave VDovick @ 616-893-3287.

Thanks, look forward to speaking with you soon. Have a great day!

Dave VDovick
Independence Realty
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 13, 2009
Bob McClure answered:
good your thoughts....underwriting guidelines change all the are both going to be on title since you are married and live in michigan, marital status is required on all real estate documents.....there is an old saying about wife coming to closing and signing off.....very misleading.....your wife actually comes to closing to acknowledge her interest in the home otherwise known as her dower rights and will be required to sign the closing statement (hud-1) the truth-in-lending statement, and the mortgage....perhaps other docs and will be listed with first, mi. and last name, a married're fine...go ahead with the regards......bob mcclure- success mortgage partners- plymouth, michigan..... ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 3, 2009
Lisa Bender answered:
Try calling Bob Carta - Asset One Mortgage 734-521-2131 or Rick Smith of GoldStar Financial at 810-343-0798 Tell them I sent you ... they should be able to get started in the right direction.

Lisa Bender
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice