Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Goldsboro : Real Estate Advice

  • All67
  • Local Info7
  • Home Buying17
  • Home Selling7
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 21
Thu Jun 13, 2013
Jonathan Lewis answered:
Tue Feb 19, 2013
Tommy Burris answered:
The realtor and closing attorney are in trouble.
Find out who the realtor's broker is.... Contact them. Let them know that you made the realtor aware of the situation BEFORE closing and that he/she let it happen anyway.
You see, the broker is on the hook too.... And might be willing to help you get in touch with all of the right parties.

Some of the answers will say: "Hire a lawyer"..... and they are right. Do you ave a divorce attorney?
They can help you.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 24, 2012
sirharris57 asked:
This question was asked from this property:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 24, 2012
My NC Homes Team answered:
Only a surveyor can answer this with 100%them accuracy.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 11, 2012
Scott Godzyk answered:
You could hire a buyer agent to assist you in finding one or should expand your search.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Mar 20, 2013
Rob Jett answered:
the wayne county / goldsboro is the answer to your question. if its goldsboro city limits, it can be a long time (due to the double taxes & school district) but if its in wayne county in a decent school district, it can be a short time!! ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 14, 2012
Dawn Anderson answered:
Hi Shannon. I would love to help you out what is the address of the property? You can email me at

Thanks and hve a great day!

0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 28, 2012
Walteraandcarla Bruce asked:
Sun May 27, 2012
Heavenly Homes answered:
Thanks. What was the nature of your real estate question?
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Apr 27, 2012
Andy Matejka answered:
Has your Separation Agreement been legally recorded?

Does it clearly state that your ex-spouse shall have no claim to any new (yadda, yadda, yadda, this is where you need to speak with an attorney) property in your name?

Consult an Attorney.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed May 16, 2012
Tony & Marie Jackson answered:
Call a Mortgage Broker and sit down with them and work out a plan to get your credit to the 600's. All of you would be on the mortgage if they co-signed and my understanding from our broker was, they would have to use the lowest score. I am in a very similar situation to yours and with the help of my broker I should be able to buy in approx. 6 more months. (It has already been 6) They can look at your credit and tell you EXACTLY what needs to happen to get your score up and get you a mortgage. Good Luck! ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 25, 2011
rexkriedler asked:
LOCATED.Wonderful neighborhood & neighbors. Kid & Pet friendly. Good schools and nearby shopping.8 miles from downtown Goldsboro just off Route 70 and 18 miles to Interstate 95. Gr...
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 14, 2011
Nick & Trudy Vandekar answered:
A letter of intent is showing an intention of buying without writing an agreement of sale. It is a way to see if you can negotiate before writing a contract verbally and work out terms. Often used by builders and investors to see if the parties can meet on terms before investing a lot of time and effort. Also even if terms can be reached does not mean that the person writing the letter of intent will move ahead. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 31, 2011
Bill & Cyndi Daves answered:
The lender can consider only YOUR income and credit rating for a loan (say perhaps if her credit has some bruises) BUT she will still have to SIGN the Deed of Trust. In NC you can buy without your spouse - but you cannot mortgage or sell. Even if her name isn't on the deed. Talk to you lender and your attorney. They will explain it all! ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 21, 2010
Dwight answered:
That is a good and fair question for your Realtor. They should be able to let you why it is listed the way it is.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Nov 20, 2010
Shirley Kelley answered:
Mon Oct 4, 2010
Trevolyn Haines answered:
Hello Misspk,
It sounds as though you have already found a home and using a lease/option so you can try it before you buy it is not a bad idea- especially if you are not sure of your move.
Usually a lease option includes a payment of an 'option' (a non-refundable deposit) that you pay the seller in exchange for the right to purchase the home at the end of the lease term.
You can also negotiate for a portion of the rent to be applied to the purchase and you should negotiate a final price now (if prices go up or if the sellers change their mind- or gets a better offer, they can not surprise you with a selling price that you are not comfortable with at the end of the lease when you are ready to purchase. If the prices go down, you are not obligated to buy or you can renegotiate with the seller).
Best of luck,
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Jun 20, 2010
Christine Moran Realtor & Notary answered:
They look for any permits you might have pulled for improvements and check out your neighbors houses. They should view your house inside and out, but that may not always be the case. If it is too high appeal. An abatement will usually result in a change. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 5, 2014
Dp2 answered:
Although it might be a good idea for you to order an appraisal for yourself, don't even think of using it for the buyer. Many buyers finance their home purchases, and most--if not all--lenders will order their own appraisals (now through a third-party as of the beginning of May).

You're probably not getting any showings, because your house is most likely priced too high. You'll know how high after you get the appraisal. Since you mentioned already that you live in a rural area, then I'd strongly recommend that you reconsider NOT listing your property as a FSBO. Instead of selling your property as a FSBO, you might consider selling it with seller financing. This way you'll be able to sell for a slightly higher price, but you still will have to price your home according to its CURRENT market value.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 1, 2009
Barrett Powell answered:
Your best option at this time is to hire a real-estate attorney to review your offer contract and advise you as to what to do.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice
Goldsboro Zip Codes