Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in Gilbert : Real Estate Advice

  • All285
  • Local Info22
  • Home Buying116
  • Home Selling22
  • Market Conditions9

Activity 21
Tue Apr 9, 2013
Stephanie Weiss answered:
This is not an actual address. No information can be found without an actual address. regards.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Feb 3, 2013
Doug McVinua answered:
Cooley Station is a great example of a subdivision that got hit really hard by the timing of the run up and crash. So many of the sales in Cooley Station were near the peak prices originally and as a result the drop was dramatic. Of course prices have rebounded some but most expect it to be many years of single digit appreciation in the market. 2012 saw a higher level of appreciation, personally I think that was due to values be so incredible low and that we may not see another year like that for a while.

I believe strongly in the Phoenix market, prices should go up (single digits) steady for years to come, rental demand is still high, purchase demand is greater than supply, many positive signs that we will remain a great market overall.

I would be glad to review your personal situation on the property and provide options based upon what the trends indicate.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 1, 2012
Yamile Hirsh answered:
AMAZING!!! How about selling a home in less than a day on the market? Actually I should say... an hour MAX
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 15, 2012
Landon Arciero answered:
It depends on the bank on how long it takes for a short sale. Some banks take longer than others and there are many different factors in a short sale. If the seller has submitted the short sale package then it will be less time but if there has been nothing submitted to the bank you are probably looking at 3 months plus. ... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 16, 2013
Anna M Brocco answered:
In order to best protect yourself do consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate before your short sale, and for any tax related questions you may have, do consult with your your tax professional and or tax attorney. ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 3, 2013
Kerri Billingsley answered:

This is the email of an agent in my office who is in the auction trenches everyday. He may know who to get you with?
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 28, 2011
Don Tepper answered:
Wed Jun 9, 2010
Anna M Brocco answered:
In order to best protect yourself, consider consulting with an attorney who specializes in real estate--he/she will be your best source of advice.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 15, 2010
Denise Pias answered:
You do have some options Melissa. I am a realtor w/RE/MAX Alliance Group in Gilbert and assist many homeowners like yourself Short Sale your home in the event you choose that option.
I always suggest you speak with your tax advisor and real estate attorneys to make certain that you are making the right decision for yourself. I have some charts and Q&A's that might be helpful and I'm always happy to sit down with you with no obligation to discuss your options in further detail in the privacy of your own home. Denise Pias 480.694.2320 ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 24, 2010
Ted Canto answered:
You probably need a contractor's license. I would check with the city and then with the board of contractors.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Jan 17, 2010
Kim answered:
Oops my house is not in Desert Skies I will repost
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 27, 2010
Mr.P answered:

Need some more details, short selling could stall the process, however the Bank may have already made up it`s mind.
It`s a lot of paper work and a 50/50 shot.

Let me know if you want to take the next step.

... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 28, 2013
Don Huhta answered:

You will want to consult with a tax expert in this matter. A Realtor can help you, but a good realtor will always tell you to talk to your accountant/CPA/tax professional. This way you are sure to get the correct answer and advice to your specific situation.

Go to - search for an accountant in near you and read their reviews. Find one you are comfortable contacting based on their reviews.

If you have any other questions please feel free to call or email me.


Don Huhta

Direct Cell - 480.789.3155
Email –
eFax - 866.529.8540

The Realtor Henry Group
West USA Realty Revelation
4060 S Arizona Ave #4
Chandler, AZ 85248
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon May 25, 2009
Stew Keene answered:

I don't see it anywhere on the realtor MLS but did find the county record for the Notice of Trustee's Sale.
According to that, there was a sale that was supposed to have occurred on April 24th of this year.
If that is the case, there is no record of what it did or did not sell for, only what the original mortgage balance was.

All The Best!

Stew Keene
Signature Realty Group
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 12, 2009
Carlos Ramirez answered:

Your question will be best answered by a real estate lawyer, as we can not practive law nor we are qualified to give that type of advice.

Given that disclosure I can tell you about what I understand. The anti-deficiency statute for mortgages applies only to “purchase money” mortgages, Accordingly, if a mortgage is not “purchase money”, the mortgagee can seek a deficiency. So the general understanding is that the lender can seek a judgement and go after other assets, including other properties, your wages, etc... on HELOCs and other non-purchase money loans.

Again, we are no lawyers here and to be sure you should seek the advice of a lawyer or a qualified professional.

Good luck!

... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Oct 8, 2008
Tonje Kearney answered:
Scott, you need to see an attorney. Being that it is an investment property the bank can and may very well sue you for the deficiency which will attached to you as a judgment until paid off. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 8, 2008
Phil Robinson answered:
The Law Offices of Mark Winsor, PLC
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 27, 2010
Tonje Kearney answered:

It says you are an agent in your profile. If you are you should be able to look that up on the MLS yourself, if you are not an agent I would be more than happy to send you a freedaily email list of foreclosed homes in your desired area, just send me an email and I can set it up for you. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 19, 2008
Doug McVinua answered:
Keep in mind you are dealing with two issues here. One is the foreclosure of the house you are living in, not exactly your problem, however it sure does create issues for you and your lease.

Your lease and breaking it: as stated you most likely went by default to a month to month lease after your lease expired. Unless your lease states something otherwise the normal is to give 30 day notice. Read the lease you were in, talk to your property manager and plan to give 30 days’ notice right away. Working with the property manager will give you the best chance to get your deposit returned and have a good reference for your next home.

Sorry to see you have been placed in this difficult situation. I helped some people thru this earlier this year after the same thing had happened to them. Unfortunately some investors are walking away from homes and often the property managers are not aware of it until the tenant lets them know of the notices.

As far as showing the home you have a right to demand 48 hours notice.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jul 24, 2008
Daniel B Stephens answered:

You will need to give a 30 Day written notice to vacate in order to leave in good standing .

Also, I recommend that you get familiar with your rights as a tenant. You can obtain a copy of the Arizona Residential Landlord Tenant Act by clicking on this link:

You are also entitled to a 48hr notice before any showing.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice