Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in Fresno : Real Estate Advice

  • All405
  • Local Info27
  • Home Buying153
  • Home Selling23
  • Market Conditions7

Activity 23
Fri Jun 1, 2012
Terry McCarley answered:
If you husbands income is high enough to qualify for the mortgage on a home you could purchase. He would be the only one on the loan but you both could be on the deed. Speak with a qualified lender to see how much he can qualify for. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 16, 2010
James Gordon ABR SFR SRS answered:
Carole you may want to check with an attorney about you actions in stripping the property. There are laws in Ohio and Michigan that I know of. In fact in Michigan a person was having a home sale with prices on even the furnace and cabinets. The local sheriff arrested him.
Check with an attorney for any chances of repurcussions from your actions
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Nov 15, 2010
Melanie Garabedian answered:
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 14, 2010
Sean Dawes answered:

Not a fan of lending tree as I had a client who had a bad experience with them.

If I may suggest, might want to reach out to Fred Glick as he does mortgages in various states. Also owns real estate companies in PA and CA.

Here is his website for mortgage info here

I do not have ANY stake in USLoans and am not trying to generate leads. Just sharing info on people I know and who are knowledgeable.

Best of luck

Sean Dawes
... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 14, 2010
Mark Overholtzer answered:
You may be able to afford something around Fresno. If you would like to know your options, you can contact me and I can set you up with a good local lender.
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 29, 2009
Jesse Sierra answered:

We can not give legal advice, best bet is to talk to a real estate attorney.

Best Regards,

Jes Sierra, B.Sc.
Century 21 Beachside Realtors®
Chino Hills, California ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 8, 2009
Bill Eckler answered:
Are you working with a real estate agent? If so, their input may be important........

We recommend maintaining contact with the bank and making them aware of your ability to increase your offer. If this doesn't work, indicate to them that you remain interested in the property and want to be notified if their present offer doen't work out. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 3, 2010
Ginger Jones answered:
Use the citys construction companies and planning permits. It will be much quicker.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 26, 2010
Stephanie Greenberg answered:
Hi Gloria, Once the house is foreclosed the bank will assign it to a listing agent (Realtor). Once that is done the agent will come by and due an occupancy check. If you are still living there, there may be an opportunity to participate in a cash for keys exchange. Keep an eye out for any notices that are attached to your door. There may be contact information for you in them. Good Luck! ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 25, 2016
Linda Garcia asked:
My husband and I would like to start a "trash out" business but don't know where to begin. We know what materials are needed but we would like to know more about legal issues, licensing...
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Oct 29, 2009
Gene Yakubovich answered:
If you have some income. you have a possibilty to modify your loan. There are Governmatal programs available. Even if you are collecting unemploement benefit you may be elegible to get LoanModification. see lattached link for add. info


... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Thu May 7, 2009
J. Mishelle Pudelek answered:
You will need to contact the listing agent if the home is listed with his or her company they have the paper work needed for submitting an offer to the bank some require specials forms and disclosures to be submitted along with your offer. You can use an agent from any company to submit an offer as long as they show you the property that way they can represent you as a buyers agent . ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 16, 2013
Tom Lindemann answered:
I looked at the website and I can't tell whether it is legit or not, and I don't see where they offer homes for sale. What I do know is that there are a lot sites just like them that claim they can help. Some of them may be able to help you and many of them are scams. The problem is that you will likely be duped before you discover whether they are for real or not.

The best way to find a foreclosed home is to work with a knowledgeable Realtor who has access to the latest information within their market.
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 20, 2009
Tom Lindemann answered:
Hi Lyna - there are incredible values out there in today's market. Contact me and I will provide you with more information regarding these homes. Yes, just provide the property number and we can go from there.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 24, 2009
Voices Member answered:
Lyna, It's just my opinion but when you decide where you want to purchase and what you can afford then you would want to look at everything possible in order to find your best deal.

The market of the specific area you decide to purchase in is going to have it's own trends and keeping informed about them will allow you to know what your possibilities are. Remember you are looking for the best deal on the best home you can afford no matter what happens, not the best deal on the home you might want but may not be able to afford in the long run.

You can't know the possibilities without looking at the choices. Look here... ..... ...

Good luck, Dunes
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 26, 2009
Mikem answered:
Good for what? Yes it's good, and Yes it's bad, it depends on why you are buying and your expactations, as well individual properties of a given foreclosure.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 20, 2009
Dallas Texas answered:
With our clients and foreclosures / short sales, we instruct keep looking if submit an offer I have researched agreed with buyer then that is it.... no on some listings with enough equity we will place an offer OVER list price secure the home HOWEVER other home buyers could do the same.

Not much you can do hope bank will accept offer.

Cash offers close faster, it also depends on how contracts are authored and etc. All guessing game . Even seasoned veterans who have purchased homes have the same issues. INCLUDING MYSELF as a real estate investor.

Your issues are no different than the entire world .
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 15, 2008
blaison samuel answered:

Primary residence is considered as you lived there for 2 years out of the last 5 years, so if you have lived there for 2 years, then moving back to your rental house may help you out but check with your attorney or CPA for any tax related issues. My suggestion would be to go for short sale rather than foreclosure to avoid foreclosure from your credit history. Contact your local realtor who has experience in doing short sale or if you would like me to refer an agent, please let me know.

Blaison Samuel
Certified Short Sale Specialist
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Nov 17, 2010
BOB Khalsa answered:
It depends what you mean by bad. With low credit scores it is difficult to get conventional loans. You can get an FHA loan if you meet some conditions. The minimum FICO must be 580, your income and expenses must meet the debt to income ratio limit of 45% and the property must qualify for an FHA loan.

Bob Khalsa
United America Realty
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Sep 12, 2008
Charlie Ramos answered:
Hi Catherine,

Email me the address. I can look it up for you.

0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice