Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Insurance in Fremont : Real Estate Advice

  • All823
  • Local Info65
  • Home Buying481
  • Home Selling42
  • Market Conditions30

Activity 3
Sun Oct 14, 2012
Eric H. Wong answered:
Usually hazard insurance is not required for condo owners. The association pays for property insurance. The only insurance a condo owner usually gets is personal property insurance. That can be as low as a few hundred dollars a year. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri May 25, 2012
Brian Ripp answered:
Most every home is sold with a "Natural Hazard Disclosure Report" - Although I don't know what 'hazards' you are referring too.

I have seen many reports in the Ardenwood area and there doesn't seem to be any major concerns and anything that doesn't show up on most reports.

recent report in Ardenwood area:
special flood area: NO
potential flooding: YES (Possible "Dam Failure" Lake Del Valle in Livermore)
fire zone: NO
wildland forest fire: NO
earthquake zone: NO
seismic zone: YES

Hope this helps.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 28, 2011
Johnny Huang, MBA answered:
Insurance is based on insurable interest. If you don't have insurable interest and your sister bought a policy under your name, it's useless. The insurance company will not pay any claims because you have no interest in the property.

They may rescind her policy due to misrepresentation.
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Search Advice