Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Fremont : Real Estate Advice

  • All827
  • Local Info66
  • Home Buying482
  • Home Selling42
  • Market Conditions30

Activity 827
Wed May 6, 2015
Brian Ripp answered:
you can call Linda at 510-703-6800
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 14, 2012
Kanwal Chaudhary answered:
Hello Ira
Most landlords will allow section 8 and it say so in their rental ad, "Section 8 OK"
Please let me know if you need any other help.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jun 14, 2012
Brian Ripp answered:
Hello Hollie,

Those fees seem reasonable.
Those are buyers closing costs, you might be able to ask the title company for a reduction - but it might only be less than $100 discount, maybe $50.

... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 14, 2012
Ashok Patel answered:
Hi Apaladugu,

You should check with Fremont police department for most accurate crime information in the area (www. Here is the link to check crime reports

Ashok Patel
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 14, 2012
Brian Ripp answered:
With the new townhouse, you pay a lot for the upgrades. If the 15 year old townhome has been updated or has many upgrades-that would be great. Really depends on your feelings towards boths - which do you see yourself living for the next 3-10 years (maybe longer). $15,000 less for the older unit is not much, so they are just about the same in price and schools. If location if about the same, then maybe the new property. Again, it's really up to how you feel about each property.

Good luck, hope that helped,
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 11, 2012
Steve Kruschke answered:
A short sale occurs when a seller is selling their home for less then the remaining balance on the loans against that home. The seller does not have marketable title and there for must get approval from their lender(s) before the purchase can be completed. There are many things to consider before entering into a contract purchasing a short sale property. Your best bet is to talk to a Realtor specializing in foreclosure properties and in the locations your interested in.

The Kruschke Team
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 2, 2014
Pacita Dimacali answered:
Best that you address your question to lenders. Ask at least 2-3 lenders how they can help you.

If you're been working diligently in repairing your credit, plus the significant equity you have managed to build up, there may be some possibilities open to you.

Good luck.
... more
0 votes 26 answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 9, 2013
Ken Vasan answered:
These are issues that can not be discussed in a public forum. Best thing i can suggest is to contact a Real Estate Attorney.
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 6, 2012
Pacita Dimacali answered:
Explore the USGS website which provides maps
I seem to remember that there was a way to zero in on certain locations -- so that may be another way.

Regardless of being within 50 ft of a fault, since we are in earthquake prone area, earthquakes can occur anywhere,.....

Good luck~
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 22, 2012
Laura Coffey answered:
Usually it's not the bank it's the HOA itself. An actual HOA can foreclose on your home as well. If you are not paying your mortgage you should at least pay your HOA. You should look into doing a short sale. Contact a local Realtor .. It's free. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon May 28, 2012
Jennifer Blanchard answered:
I think this depends on your state - you need to ask a real estate attorney or the probate attorney. I would think the answer is no... but seek legal advice.
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sat May 26, 2012
Brian Ripp answered:
Well, I'm not sure if you are referring to the homes on the west side of Alvarado-Niles or the east side. However - I see both sides are selling quickly (depending on the price & condition). Parks are on both sides and people seem to like them.

The market has been very good in the past 4-5 months and we are seeing the prices on the raise.

... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 14, 2012
Brian Ripp answered:
You will get many people suggesting you to get safety information from the Fremont Police Dept. You can talk to neighbors of this community also. I think a park across the street is a good thing, but others might not. I don't know why you have seen a lot of homes foreclosed in this area, although it has been hard for many people in many neighborhoods.

... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 1, 2012
Laura Feghali answered:
Hello Stephanie,
Yes, you first must contact the credit agencies with proof that those delinquent accounts are not yours in order to raise your credit scores. Once that is rectified then you can reapply for a home loan but definitely get your credit corrected ASAP.

Here is what you can do:

1. Make a copy of your credit report and circle every item you believe is incorrect.

2. Write a letter to the reporting agency (the address will be printed on the report). Explain each dispute and request an investigation to resolve the issues. If you have supporting paperwork, send it along, coding pages to match dispute paragraphs. Do not send your originals.

3. Send all materials by certified mail, return receipt requested, so that you can prove the packet was received.

4. Send a similar letter of dispute to the creditor whose reporting statements you disagree with.
If your dispute involves personal information, such as your current address, enclose a copy of your driver's license or a utility bill in your name to verify your residence.

The reporting agency will initiate an investigation, contacting your creditors to verify the accuracy of the information. If the creditor cannot verify that the entry is correct, it must be removed. When the investigation is complete, the agency must send you a free copy of your report if changes were made.

If the investigation uncovers an error, you have the right to ask that a corrected version of your credit report be sent to everyone who received the report during the past six months.

Hope this is helpful.
Good luck to you!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 21, 2016
Laura Coffey answered:
Being a broker means you have done extra education and have a higher license than a Realtor associate. A Realtor hangs there license with a broker who overseas and is responsible for a Realtor associate.
Just because someone has a broker license does not make them more experience. I did all the education to get my broker license but opted to get it because my fees are higher and I wanted to hang my license with ReMax anyways.
I can tell you without a doubt I have a lot more experience than most broker's in my area. I think it's important to find a real estate professional with great experience whether a broker or Realtor associate.
Look for designations. That is where true education and experience comes in, in looking for excellence. Look for a designation called QSC. It holds agents accountable by a third neutral party. You can find one in your area at
Good Luck.
... more
0 votes 23 answers Share Flag
Fri May 18, 2012
Pacita Dimacali answered:
Here's the story of someone in the same boat. When he bought his house, the previous owner added on an extension -- without a permit

When it was time for him to sell, buyers wanted the extension to be permitted. He even got into contract. But the process of getting a contractor to design the plan, getting the city permit department to approve the plan, and getting the work done took longer than he wanted, and the buyers backed out.

Other buyers didn't want to buy a house with unpermitted work, especially since this was already known to the city.

So the seller took time off, got the permits, got the extension done correctly (ripped out the old, put in new according to code), submitted request to have the additional 240 sq ft recognized and had the public records changed.

When done, he put the property back on sale (minus some $$ for the cost of permits and construction), but also sold the property quickly and at over his last list price.

If you choose to fight the city's assessment -- you may be asked to
1) remove the extension since it was done without permits,
2) get a permit and pay fines for the extension, and have the work done according to code

And if you choose #2, when all is done, go back to county records and have them reflect the correct square footage on the public records. When it comes time to sell, you have the peace of mind (and pride) that the extension is permitted and that the square footage is legitimate. It could be your competitive advantage over other houses that may come up for sale in your area but do not have the extra space.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri May 18, 2012
Michael Tessaro answered:
Both the lien holders and the seller would hve to agree
One thing to always remember the seller is always in charge as the lenders agreeing to accept less is merely a condition of sale and they don't get to decide what the seller decides to do.
Good luck
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Mon May 21, 2012
Ron Thomas answered:
If it was stated in the MLS Listing,
then they do have a leg to stand on:
Understand that you are talking about either Arbitration/Mediation or Small Claims Court;
Do you really want to take it that far?

The Sellers should have removed them before now; shame on them!
... more
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Thu May 31, 2012
Pacita Dimacali answered:
The only time I am comfortable waiving the appraisal contingency is when the buyer is paying cash.

The market is turning again, and we are seeing multiple offers. There are other ways to submit a strong offer without messing with the loan appraisal and loan approval contingencies. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon May 14, 2012
Ron Thomas answered:
You should go with the friend; that's what friends are for.
If he is not a member of the local MLS, he can get a temp membership.
Imagine the hurt if you didn't ask him?

Good luck and may God bless ... more
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
... 5 6 7 8 9 ...
Search Advice