Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Rentals in Freehold : Real Estate Advice

  • All107
  • Local Info14
  • Home Buying43
  • Home Selling8
  • Market Conditions7

Activity 2
Sat Mar 10, 2012
Patricia Emanuele answered:
government subsidy , I am very familiar with this. If I can help you lease let me know 732-822-6241 please let me know what there allowance is for the area and if your clients have any credit at all, any additional income eq: disability, tanf etc...
If they have credit of 650 or higher I can help you and your clients. Do you have the housing discrimination packet? Forward your concerns to me.
Patricia Emanuele
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Sep 9, 2013
Don Tepper answered:
Quick answer: Read your lease.

Longer answer: Read your lease. Does it say that the property must be inhabitable. (It probably does.) If the property isn't inhabitable, then (and I'm not a lawyer so this isn't legal advice) then your landlord has broken the lease. But you shouldn't just stop paying him. Check with a lawyer.

By now, the landlord should have done the repairs. I own a rental property and water got into the basement during the hurricane. Within a week, we had a company come in, remove the wet carpeting and padding, and install new carpeting. A lot of carpeting companies were backed up immediately after the hurricane, but that should have been cleared away by now. (My tenant and my wife both called ServPro the day of the flooding. ServPro told both of us that the earliest they could even return our calls--not do the work, but just get back to us--was a week later. And, yup, it took ServPro 8 days just to call my wife and our tenant back. You have to wonder why companies spend so much money on advertising when they can't deliver. But that's a question for another day.)

Hope that helps.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Rentals in Freehold Zip Codes