Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Freedom : Real Estate Advice

  • All3
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying2
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 3
Wed Nov 10, 2010
Kem Akol answered:
Hi Helen, All of the above...! It depends on which city you live in, or if you live in the unincorporated area of Santa Cruz County....All the municipalities have some sort of 'buyer's assistance'. Some programs are geared towards qualifying the subject property. Other programs are geared towards qualifying the buyer,(first time buyers, or moderate income buyers). Some have qualification standards for the both the property and the buyer. Yesterday, we (at Bailey Properties) learned that USDA loans are now available in most parts of the County, with very little downpayment...Pick a knowledgeable agent (me hopefully) to help you find the appropriate program for you. Kem J. Akol Bailey Properties. License #00818424 phone 831.247-2944 ... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 24, 2009
Brandi Jones answered:
For sale sign on property offered is allowed

No Directional signs are allowed

Open House signs are not permitted, however current practice is to allow up to four open house signs for less than 24hrs, and placed on private property with consent of owner

To recover signs collected by the city bring $76.27 per sign to 320 Harvest Drive in Watsonville. Cash, check, credit cards accepted. Signs are destroyed after 30 days. Call (831) 768-3133 for questions.

Signs not in compliance are reported to 768-3133. City staff picks up violations on a regular basis.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 24, 2008
Sebastian Frey answered:
Hi Kimberly! This is a good question to ask the Santa Cruz county assessor, the phone number is (831) 454-2002 and I have put a link to their web site below. If you are on their web site, click on the "Description of Online Forms" link on the left, then, on that next page, click "Request for Reappraisal." Fill our that form and send it in and someone from the assessor's office will come out and re-appraise your property. I would think that getting rid of the other house would lower your assessed value, but perhaps by only a little bit - it could be that the small house had little value to begin with. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Freedom Zip Codes