Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Using Trulia in Florida : Real Estate Advice

  • All2K
  • Local Info207
  • Home Buying1K
  • Home Selling173
  • Market Conditions62

Activity 15
Wed Dec 14, 2011
Lance Sheridan answered:
Wed Dec 7, 2011
Edyta Gryc answered:
Verbal OK is simply unenforceable. Unless the owner receives an approval in writing, you cannot do anything except waiting.
Good luck!
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 30, 2011
Linda S. Cefalu answered:

You will need to contact someone in your state for that answer. You can usually find on the internet or the yellow pages a renter's advocacy group or look under the Florida State Gov. site for rental information. Sometimes they will have one or more phone numbers that you can call for free advice. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 27, 2011
Alma Kee answered:
It may depend on the type of mortgage you get. You can get correct answers from your lender. If you haven't chosen a lender yet, I can recommend:

Kristine Bredeau, HomeBanc
Carol Chase, HomeBanc

For Homeowners Insurance, contact your car insurer to see if they write policies in NPR or contact AAA (Auto Club) and get a combined quote adding your cars to AAA Insurance.

All the best,

Alma Rose Kee
Future Home Realty
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Oct 27, 2011
Tim Moore answered:
Dig through the county records, or find a Realtor in the area and ask them.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 11, 2011
Edyta Gryc answered:
You can search public records if there are any lis pendens.
The link below explains tenants' rights in the event of foreclosure.
I hope this helps.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 19, 2011
Charles Chorman answered:
Hi Renee,

According to the tax records the property is still owned by your neighbors. Who had the deposit? BofA has this due to it being part of the Countrywide Bank debacle. Have your neighbors been making mortgage payments all this time? You should check with the county court to see if foreclosure proceedings have started. If they haven't then contact a real estate attorney to do a due diligence on the property. Be aware that the mortgage that they recieved when they bought it could have them owning more than what the property is worth. This would necessitate a short sale if foreclosure proceedings have not been initiated. Unfortunately you won't be able to negotiate with the bank who has the mortgage directly. Only the mortgage holder can.
All the best
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 16, 2011
Howie Feinstein answered:
This is a common tale of woe. Myself & every broker I know has a horror story like this. Citibank. Chase. Bank of America. Sorry to say this: what typically happens is.. nothing. They never give you the mtg. Sorry. Find out from a local broker which of the local banks or local mtg companies are making loans and get your application in to that bank or mtg company. You do not have to withdraw your application from Citi. Whoever comes thru for you first, offers you the mtg - in writing - you accept it, and withdraw your application from the other. Good luck! ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Sep 24, 2010
Dan Tabit answered:
Possible, yes; likely no. The listing agent and the home owner are the only people who would know this information. Your agent can ask, and some listing agents may tell. Whether the information allows you to make a better offer is uncertain. If they give up the information to you, they will likely in turn provide the next buyer the same information about your offer. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Mar 25, 2010
Faye Doyle answered:
It depends if you are seeking a rental or a furnished home to purchase. I just closed on a purchase where my buyer bought the home, furniture and car! As realtors we can use the specific "turnkey furnished" search criteria for both types of properties. I would need more specific information from you to do a specific search for you. I encourage you to call or email me directly.

Faye Doyle, LLC
RE/MAX Alliance Group
2000 Webber Street
Sarasota, FL 34239
Cell: 941-504-7496
Fax: 941-954-5455
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 10, 2010
Erebolledo810 asked:
I am a single mother of 2 girls that live at home and one son that lives on his own and I have several medical problems and am currently disabled. I basically need something to get me f...
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 8, 2010
Alma Kee answered:
Why not sell and then buy? If you've owned and occupied it as your primary residence for 2 out of the last 5 years you will not pay any taxes on $250k of capital gains if you are single or $500k if you're married.

If the property doesn't qualify for the favorable tax treatment then yes, you may want to do a 1031 Tax Free Exchange. You will severely limited your choices on your new house near Sarasota, however.

Good luck!
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 2, 2009
Pam Key answered:
Hi Donna,
Your best bet is to look for an older home in an established neighborhood. Most of the newer developments are going to have CDD fees. One nice older neighborhood that does not, is Ashley Oaks, Moss Creek, Creekside to name a few, but there are many others. Please let me know if you have any further questions. I would be happy to help you locate a home in Riverview. I am very familar with the area and have sold many homes in Riverview. Remeber my services are free to buyers, so why not let an experienced realtor go to work for you. I can help you find the best deals and navigate you through the process of buying a home.

Look forward to hearing from you soon!

Pam Key
Prudential Tropical Realty
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 28, 2009
RN answered:
You can either go to the county's tax collector's office, or subscribe to a service called RealtyTrac, which for a fee will send you a list of properties in default.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Nov 12, 2008
Nira Tocco answered:
I'd love to help you out but I'd need more information. It sounds like you are talking about Summerland Key and each subdivision is comprised of lot and block numbers. The best way for me to locate a specific property for you would be through the "alternate key" number (which you probably won't have since it's been around 40 years ago). Perhaps there is another way we can figure this out. What esle can you tell me about the area in question? Thanks...Nira Tocco ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice