Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in Florida : Real Estate Advice

  • All2K
  • Local Info209
  • Home Buying1K
  • Home Selling174
  • Market Conditions62

Activity 2,190
Sun Apr 28, 2013
Cristina Vanthul answered:
Hi John,

I'm not too sure what your question is, but yes there are a few foreclosure condos in the Dunedin/Palm Harbor area that were acquired through foreclosure. There are some up in Tarpon Springs as well. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jan 8, 2014
Jackie Core-cedeno answered:
Hello Courtey!

The only two units that are available are the following:

Unit 1204 that is a REO or Bank Owned and is listed for 229k
Unit 1011 that is a traditional sale/Owner and is listed for 299k

Please let me know if you would like more information.
thank you!
La Rosa Realty!
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 16, 2013
Antonio Vega-Pacheco answered:
Realty Trac strikes again:
Look at the posting for that home again and find the logo for Realty Trac (black and red). Most times when you see that logo on any listing it means the price you see is NOT a sale price, and the home is probably not for sale as of yet. It is just a posting of what the Bank/Lender had to pay the courts to document regaining custody of the home when they foreclosed on it (transfer value); and/or an announcement that the foreclosure process has just begun (Lis Pendens). Next that Bank/Lender will take several months to put the property on the market at "Market Value for the specific community" and it will be listed/advertised as a Foreclosure or an REO. Was this answer helpful? If so please click on the "thumbs up" above.

Tony Vega
La Rosa Realty
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 16, 2013
Alison Hillman answered:
Hi there-

Check the opportunities listed on Trulia, here:,FL/x_map/

Ali, Community Manager
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Apr 15, 2013
Pat Halty answered:
I am Realtor and Property Manager that specializing in working with COA/HOAs that put liens on properties that don't pay their dues. Once the lien is in place, the COA moves forward with foreclosure action and gets the Certificate of Title on the property. Since the COA can't sell the property due to the mortgage in place, the COA can clean up the unit and rent it out and recapture the lost dues via rent payments.

This is a strategy that many COA/HOAs are pursuing, Consult with your association attorney for further details.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 12, 2013
Jason Nadler answered:
Sun Aug 4, 2013
Hermann Wiehls answered:
There is no exact time that I know of but you may want to consult an attorney to be on the safe side and know your rights.
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 11, 2013 asked:
Wed Aug 14, 2013
Keith Jean-Pierre answered:
Brand new program came out last week:
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 10, 2013
Suzanne MacDowell answered:
First of all, up to the date that ownership actually changes, whether that is through a sale or a foreclosure, the current owner/landlord has a right to collect the rent and keep it. Second of all, the owner also has a right to sell the property. And third, even if the owner IS in foreclosure, he could be trying to either modify the mortgage, which he is absolutely entitled to do, or short sell the property, which he is also entitled to do.

An awful lot of renters are under the mis-conception that if a landlord is in some stage of foreclosure that the tenant doesn't have to pay rent, or that the rent has to be paid to the bank. That is absolutely NOT the case, the owner is the owner and entitled to collect all rents until such time as ownership of the property actually changes.

If you are worried that your mother in law might have to move, contact an attorney or your State Department of Community Affairs and find out what your rights are, but in the meantime, continue to pay your rent as promised. Otherwise you stand to be evicted and that is not good for anybody.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Apr 9, 2013
Phil Rotondo answered:
Sun Aug 4, 2013
Mitchell Lvovsky answered:
Please contact me with your full criteria that you are seeking and I will be glad to assist you.

Best Regards,
AJ Ryan Realty
34 NW 1 Ave
Dania, FL 33004
E-mail: ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 6, 2013
Keith Jean-Pierre answered:
Calling the township will get you this information.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 2, 2013
Betsy Morales answered:
It is always best to consult with an attorney regarding the laws of eviction in the State of Florida, specifically Florida Statutes 83: (

83.56 Termination of rental agreement.—
(1) If the landlord materially fails to comply with s. 83.51(1) or material provisions of the rental agreement within 7 days after delivery of written notice by the tenant specifying the noncompliance and indicating the intention of the tenant to terminate the rental agreement by reason thereof, the tenant may terminate the rental agreement. If the failure to comply with s. 83.51(1) or material provisions of the rental agreement is due to causes beyond the control of the landlord and the landlord has made and continues to make every reasonable effort to correct the failure to comply, the rental agreement may be terminated or altered by the parties, as follows:
(a) If the landlord’s failure to comply renders the dwelling unit untenantable and the tenant vacates, the tenant shall not be liable for rent during the period the dwelling unit remains uninhabitable.
(b) If the landlord’s failure to comply does not render the dwelling unit untenantable and the tenant remains in occupancy, the rent for the period of noncompliance shall be reduced by an amount in proportion to the loss of rental value caused by the noncompliance.
(2) If the tenant materially fails to comply with s. 83.52 or material provisions of the rental agreement, other than a failure to pay rent, or reasonable rules or regulations, the landlord may:
(a) If such noncompliance is of a nature that the tenant should not be given an opportunity to cure it or if the noncompliance constitutes a subsequent or continuing noncompliance within 12 months of a written warning by the landlord of a similar violation, deliver a written notice to the tenant specifying the noncompliance and the landlord’s intent to terminate the rental agreement by reason thereof. Examples of noncompliance which are of a nature that the tenant should not be given an opportunity to cure include, but are not limited to, destruction, damage, or misuse of the landlord’s or other tenants’ property by intentional act or a subsequent or continued unreasonable disturbance. In such event, the landlord may terminate the rental agreement, and the tenant shall have 7 days from the date that the notice is delivered to vacate the premises.
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 2, 2013
Suzanne MacDowell answered:
This is really a legal question. I would suggest you talk to an attorney. Or perhaps the Sheriff himself can give you some advice.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jun 4, 2013
Bob Brubaker answered:
Most REO deals are processed through their " Closing Agent " .
These are Title Companies who are able to search the title,organize
outstanding charges , " pro-rate " unpaid taxes ,and issue
title Insurance to guarantee " clear title" They also handle recording
and "transfer " taxes. Most Title firms will give you general information
on usual and customary charge items. The Closing Agent involved
is the "absolute source ".

It is worthy to note here that Closing Costs are a "sub-set " of what
should be considered as true costs to close! Don't Forget inspections
if indicated, and Homeowners Insurance. If in doubt don't rule out an
attorney to review what you are doing! Best!

Bob Brubaker Highlight Realty Palm Beach County Fl. 561-876-6649
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu May 23, 2013
Matt Wise answered:
There are foreclosed condos. But maybe not with the criteria you are using. You can e-mail me with what you are looking for, and I can set you up on a search. .

Matt Wise
C21 Sunbelt Realty, Inc
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Thu May 23, 2013
Danielle Sharp answered:
Discuss the process & details with your agent. They can explain how disclosure laws work, what to expect with a foreclosure & how contracts work. If you don't feel comfortable with their level of knowledge ask for their broker to assist or find new representation. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 15, 2016
stephen webber answered:
Hi Cris

Your first step is to find and indentify an experience ethical loan officer and lender who offer all of the loan types.
Gather up information from reliable sources first. Remember you will be dealing with sales people and often loan officers will offer only the loan types offered by their lender.
At you will find an article, Consultation, Interviewing Loan Officers that will serve you well. Also a Series of articles that will guide you step by step to gather all of the information needed to effecively interview a loan officer. After you have gathered all your information you will find loan officers and real estate agents on Trulia offering their services. A very good source.
You will find you can buy much sooner than most realize.

Best of Luck, Stephen
... more
0 votes 22 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice