Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Feasterville Trevose : Real Estate Advice

  • All0
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying0
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 16
Mon Mar 18, 2013
Margaret White answered:
My sympathies to you and the Seller for the stress this has introduced into the transaction. My last transaction where contamination was present took over a year to resolve ... But hopefully this will not be the case for you.

I am not sure how long the PADEP will take, but understand that the removal of the contaminated dirt will have to be coordinated (trucks, backhoes, manpower, scheduling, etc) and an inspector (geologist) will be on site to supervise and approve that they have removed all of the contamination. This takes time too!

Say your prayers that they do not find water at the bottom of the hole they make when digging, since that will create a whole new series of requirements to insure that the contamination did not affect the aquifer (water table). This is what caused the delays in my case.

Wishing you a speedy and successful remediation! If a delay in settlement is required, all parties will have to agree. If not, termination is an option for both parties. Good luck!!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jun 21, 2012
Annette Levinson answered:
Many areas give seniors a discount on real estate taxes. To check if yours does call the office of your local elected official. They will be able to answer that for you and if you can how to apply for it. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Aug 23, 2017
Alexander Shulzhenko, ePro answered:
Edward Dubinsky
Branch Manager
Office: 267-296-9309
Cell: 215-808-5353
Fax: 215-701-9198
Web Site:

See me more about me:
... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 18, 2011

I'd be happy to assist you. I do no cost/no obligation pre approvals and will let you know where you stand the same day I receive your application. I can e-mail you an application if you would like. I appreciate the opportunity to earn your business. I'm a mortgage banker and am very good at what I do. Always feel free to call or e-mail.

Cell 610-457-7262
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Sat Nov 6, 2010
Kim Tokar Team answered:
Yes it is possible to get it if it is not too low but you pay the price for it .with a higher interest rate

Really you should go to a credit repair and get it fixed so that you don't pay high interest rates. If you need some firms to help you do this email me at


... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 22, 2017
Alex Shnayder answered:
If you purchase the home before you are married and you are the only one on the mortgage, note and title, it will remain that way after you are married as well. There may be some other options for you depending on what you are trying to accomplish. PM me and I'd be happy to explain the options.
Alex Shnayder
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 11, 2011
Dan Chase answered:
FHA wants a 620 or higher fico score. They also want 3.5% down although later on it might change to 5%.

The general rule of thumb is yearly income x 3 = safe mortgage.
If you make $40k and can find a house for $120k sure, one income can do it.

Check with a lender, they will give a more precise reply for what amount you can get a mortgage for. It all depends on your debt to income ratio, fico score, and probably a few other factors for an exact amount.

Rent or buy? Run your numbers and see which makes more sense financially for you.
A basic overview of the buying process.
Questions to consider when buying a house. Asking the right things could save you a lot of grief.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 23, 2010
Dan Chase answered:
You accidentally double posted this question.

Yes, you can get a loan on just one income if your income is enough to afford a mortgage on a house in the area you want to buy in.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 15, 2010
Frank Dolski answered:
That would be a good question for a mortgage representative or a financial counselor. Marc Duncan at Mortgage Mobility would be able to help you if you are trying to bring up your credit score. Please email me if you'd like his information.

Frank Dolski
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 15, 2010
Gita Bantwal answered:
If the home is listed in the mls the agent usually gets paid based on commission that is offered in mls.If you hire an agent to find you properties not listed, you will have to mention the amount in the employment contract with agent. The fee is negotiable. You can interview agents and find out what they charge. You should pay the Broker and the broker will pay the agent. Talk to a loan officer so that it can be part of closing costs on your closing sheet .
If you need help seek legal advice. before signing the contract.
... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 18, 2009
Megan Malone answered:

One answer to my similarly asked question. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 6, 2009
KathyGentner answered:
HI Megan,
You are asking great questions! Informed consumers are happier than any other consumer today!
First of all, I am not acting as an Attorney nor am I giving you Legal advice. Please seek the advice of an attorney, CPA and Title company for advice on your questions,(I included a link to the PA Land Title Associations below) however,.....

I am here to answer your questions one by one.

Sometimes, buyers/builders/investors purchase land to build on it themselves. Once they realize another investment opportunity presents itself, they will sell the land/house that is most economical for them to sell.
Usually, land is able to be marketed easier when the township footwork/building permits/building plans/septic & well plans, ect have been purchased and started for the next buyer. It saves the buyer some time and aggrevation.

When you buy land , you do not ever have to build on it UNLESS there is a special requirement on the deed to the land with this effect stated in the deed restrictions. This information is USUALLY known by the present owner or will be found on title search when the deed is packaged.

As the owner of land, you are required to pay the taxes on the land and use the land under the proper use of the deed to the land.

Usually, you can find a lender to hold a note/mortgage on land, however, you cannot build a structure on the land until it is paid in full, UNLESS, you buy the land from a builder who will build your structure for you and include the price in the note for the land and the structure.

You would be best served to call an agent directly and have them give you the $per SQFT for land. This is not easily found on the internet.

I hope this information gives you some more direction.
I wish you great success in your adventure to buy land and build a home in PA!
Kathy Gentner EXIT Home Realty
Visit my website: and put real estate on your mobile phone for FREE!
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 10, 2010
Patrick Thies answered:
Mobile homes are in a different category than a conventional home. First of all you don't get a mortgage, you get a loan similar to a car loan. Second, you lease the property that you put the mobile home on. (Unless you own land where you plan to park it).

Are they safe? Well don't park them in Tornado Alley or in the path of hurricanes.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 22, 2009
Bill Eckler answered:
If you are looking to take advantage of the "First time buyer tax incentive" any transaction must close by November 30, 2009.

Our recommendation is to avoid the rush as the deadline approaches an get started ASAP. Begin with becoming informed about the local RE market and getting pre-approved for a loan prior to beginning a serious search.

You can collect a lot of valuable information by attending "open houses." This is also a place that many buyers encounter their future agents.

Best of luck,

The Eckelr Team
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 18, 2009
Iris Segal answered:
Great homes- very desirable. Most likely rent for $1800. It is only a good investment if you can cover al of your expenses. Would be happy to give you more information. Please vist my web site - my cell is 267-474-7030
Iris Segal, Century 21 Alliance, e-mail address is
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed May 28, 2008
Terrence Charest answered:
Most market areas have been affected by the housing market concerns. Feasterville/Trevose area included. If you have owned your home for more than five years, you will probably see a benefit. If you have owned it for less than that, then you may see a loss.

Give me a call or email. I can provide you with a free realistic market analysis of your home and some marketing techniques to get your home sold in a timely fashion.

Terrence Charest, e-Pro
Century 21 Associates
905 Easton Road
Willow Grove, PA 19090
Cell: 267.614.1494
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Feasterville Trevose Zip Codes