Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Essex County : Real Estate Advice

  • All33
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying24
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 831
Sun Mar 3, 2013
Gina Chirico answered:

The main reason of varying prices can be condition of the home and/or the homes can be bank owned or short sales and require extensive remodeling and rehab.
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 5, 2013
Bruno Cabral answered:
i have 2 new construction and 1 condo as well as a 2 bedroom 1 family Home available. Contact me for more information.

Bruno Cabral
Cornerstone Realty Associates
Cell: (973) 517 6904
Office: (973) 856 6900
Fax: (973) 856 6901
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 5, 2013
John Ramsden answered:
I have several. Call me and I can send them over to you. 914 450 8852 or
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 6, 2013
Michael Personette answered:
Every area is safe. Some areas are better then others.

If you would like some help email at

0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 4, 2013
Robert Stern answered:
I am an agent here in Essex county and there are some great buys. Give me a call so we can talk. 201-618-0975
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 1, 2013
Michael Cheng answered:
Thu Jan 31, 2013
Ed Beck answered:
Are you looking to purchase it from the bank? Unfortunately, if it's not listed for sale with a broker, then it's not for sale. Once a foreclosure takes place, the bank will first remove the occupants by cash for keys or eviction. Then they will clean out and sometimes make minor repairs. Then they will order one or BPO's (broker price opinions), and possibly an appraisal. Once all that happens, they will list the property for sale with a local agent. Then the property is available for sale. You will not have any luck reaching the person who has this file somewhere on their desk in another state. Eventually a sign will go up in front of the house, then you will know it is available. Depending on the bank, this could 2 months, or 2 years. Keep an eye on it. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 29, 2013
Laura Giannotta answered:
Tax appeals are common though the link blow mentions Little Egg Harbor, the process is the same statewide .

Call me I Have guided many though this process.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 8, 2013
Emil Veltre answered:
Hi Parker,

I believe there can be several answers to your question depending on your purpose for asking. If it is for business use and tax purposes you should definitely consult your CPA, however, you usually can take a square footage percentage of annual expenses. If you are looking to sell it outright you would need to consult an attorney as you would most likely need a separate deed for the garage to complete the transaction. If, as it appears, your question is with regards to Home Insurance I would consult your Insurance Agent. Last, but not least, you can compare what comparable homes in your area have sold for with and without garages to come up with an estimated value.

I know this does not answer your question directly, however, there are many scenarios with each having their own corresponding answer.

With that said, I hope this helps. If I can be of service to you or anyone you know with regards to a Real Estate-related assistance please contact me at 973.868.4034 or
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 28, 2013
Sharon Home Team answered:
Realtor fees are usually 1 month rent. You will also be responsible for 1.5 month rent as security and the 1st month rent.

If you need more rental postings you can check our website listed below
Good luck!

Sharon and Karen
Keller Williams
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 14, 2014
Anna M Brocco answered:
For specific information work with an agent of your own who can provide any necessary information, including comps, recently sold similar properties in the immediate area. Percentages do vary by exact location, size, condition, upgrades, etc. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 18, 2013
Keith Jean-Pierre answered:
Dear Laurie:

Fairfield Court in Fairfield, NJ is not as bad as Fox Hill. This area is considered moderate to low risk for flood insurance purposes so your premiums will be half of that at Fox Hill. Hope this information helps. Good luck with your search and let me know if I can be of any further assistance. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 25, 2013
Carl Ben Witzig answered:
Dear "Gaelle, Outside US", Contact a licensed realtor in Montclair or surrounding area, one who handles rentals, and you will receive professional service. A realtor listed rental carries a commission fee of one month rent, usually paid by the tenant but not always, and the security deposit can be 1 to 1.5 months rent held until lease is concluded, and the one month rent in advance. Sometimes utilities are extra. But at 650, if available, a small apartment might have heat included. You should contact someone, (973 632-8593 immediately as rentals go quickly. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 23, 2013
Keith Jean-Pierre answered:
Dear Laurie:

Fox HIll Road in Fairfield, NJ is considered a high risk flood area for flood insurance purposes. Hope this information helps. Good luck with your search and let me know if I can be of any further assistance. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jan 22, 2013
John Davis answered:
This property is part of a high risk floord area. I can help you run this or any flood determination search for a fee of $15.00 I use a service for this which has accurate results which are fully insured.

Feel free to contact me on my direct number 973-944-5038 or
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Oct 6, 2013
Laquita Baez answered:
Hi Goofer, when I represent my clients, my goals are to take make sure their best interests are taken care of in the transaction, meaning my duties are soley to my client- whether be the buyer or the seller. If you feel you may benefit from buyer representation, feel free to interview me for the job!

Laquita Baez
Licensed Realtor in NJ and GA
Weichert Realtors
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 7, 2013
Steven Tamburello answered:
Simply call your township building. Most townships have the application and what they will look for on their website. You may just need a fire cert from your local fire company. But start with the township and they will guide you.
Good luck. Call anytime if you need more help.
856 905 2966 cell
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 20, 2013
Brian Diehl answered:
Hello Gaurav,
You did a good and thorough job on the research. Have you looked at Little Falls? It borders Essex County and fits your criteria. It is in Passiac County, so that may be an issue for you.
As a savvy, educated consumer, you've done your homework. You seem rather serious and methodical about your research and if you aren't working with a Realtor, I'd suggest you find one soon.
When you are ready, send me an email and I can start assisting you right away.

Brian Diehl
Prudential New Jersey Properties
Mobile: 973-521-1061 (voice or text)
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 28, 2013
Alison Hillman answered:
Hi Melons,

Take a look at the listings here on Trulia:,NJ/#for_rent/Irvington,NJ/07111_zip/1p_beds/0-800_price/

I hope this helps,
Ali, Community manager
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jan 17, 2013
maathiasso asked:
This question was asked from this property:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice