Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Remodel & Renovate in Edison : Real Estate Advice

  • All438
  • Local Info27
  • Home Buying199
  • Home Selling20
  • Market Conditions20

Activity 5
Wed Mar 20, 2013
Mary Petti answered:
If the builders you got from Angies list are all quoting around the same amount then perhaps that's the price the renovations you want to do will cost.
From my understanding Angies list is a list of contractors independently reviewed by people who used them and recommend them as thorough and reliable.
Depending on what renovations you want to do the work can be expensive so your statement of "heavy cost" may be unfounded.
My suggestion is to ask some neighbors or friends who they used.
Please also remember that many interior home renovations also require permits and must meet town building code requirements which is one service your contractor will provide.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 24, 2015
Alex Kushnir answered:
I know one personally and he is very good. My contact info is in profile. I will be glad to provide
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 28, 2010
Dallas Texas answered:
WOW a handyman vs. a contractor who can work with that one particular area of your project.

Might want be more specific with your question for a referral. Handyman is a "catch all person" who tightens bolts, ceiling fans, miscell. around the home, for renovation is a contractor who performs that certain task.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 22, 2008
Paul Howard answered:
Call the assessors office and ask if the addition is included in the assessment. If it isn't your taxes will increase when it is. Call the construction office and tell them about the addition and ask about the permits. Depending on when the addition was put on they may require them if they find out. Do not assume that the C/O eliminates the permit requirement.

Paul Howard, Broker Realty
MEMBER: NAEBA National Association of Exclusive Buyer Agents
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 15, 2008
Bill Eckler answered:

It sounds like you need a person to do "staging" for your home. Unfortunately, the process may involve spending additional money but there may be changes that are inexpensive or have no cost at all.

Another thought is to have other agents look at the property for the purpose of possibly listing it. Request CMA's from each of them in an attempt to determine the current value of the home.

Hope this is helpful.

The "Eckler Team"
... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Remodel & Renovate in Edison Zip Codes