Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in East Flatbush : Real Estate Advice

  • All103
  • Local Info14
  • Home Buying30
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions7

Activity 20
Sun Apr 21, 2013
Good afternoon scy4851,

The person best equipped to answer this question is the Attorney representing you for the transaction. Your typical closing costs in a cash purchase transaction will include: Attorney fees, Title fees, Recording fees, Survey fee (if necessary).

Trevor Curran
NMLS #40140
Mobile: 516-582-9181
Office: 516-829-2900
Fax: 516-829-2944
PowerHouse Solutions, Inc.
185 Great Neck Rd, Suite 240
Great Neck NY 11021
Licensed Mortgage Banker – NYS Dept. of Financial Services

If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a "Thumbs Up" or "Best Answer." Thanks!
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 2, 2013
Alison Hillman answered:
You can contact the listing agent who will be able to help you learn more about that specific property (and probably will know a lot about similar properties in the area). To find an agent, just click on the yellow button on the property's Trulia listing and you will be able to start a dialogue.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can help with anything else. I am happy to be a resource for you. Good luck with the search!

Ali, Trulia Voices Community Manager
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Apr 21, 2013
Anna M Brocco answered:
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Apr 21, 2013
Hugo answered:
Wed Mar 6, 2013
Kathryn Lilly answered:
I always tell my buyers to expect to pay approximatly 5% of purchase price to cover all closing costs: Appraisal, credit applications, Bank fees, your lawyer, the Banks lawyer, title insurance, mortgage insurance, mortage taxes, searches, recording fees, escrows and you might have enough to pay for a cab home after the closing!
Anything less and your holding your breath!
Kathryn Lilly
Realty on the Greene, LLC
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 10, 2012
Anna M Brocco answered:
Rents do vary, therefore consider working with an agent of your own who can provide any necessary information....
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Aug 27, 2012
Anna M Brocco answered:
If the property is not listed with an agent, for maximum exposure consider the idea....
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Wed Dec 10, 2014
Phil Rotondo answered:
It's usually an amount that the seller agrees to pay the buyer at closing.
The amount that is agreed upon could cover part of all of the buyer's closing costs, repairs, etc.
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 20, 2012
Gail Gladstone answered:
There are some sellers who are willing to do "seller concessions" which cover a significant amount of money and there are certain government loans that require minimum amounts of downpayment.

Please give a call to Dominick Sutera of Academy Mortgage... 516-249-4800 x 223 or his cell at 516-655-2900. Not only will Dominick explain it all to you, he will assist you in any way possible.
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 6, 2013
The Oliver Team Chris & Holly Oliver answered:
Yes it is normal. The listing agent should have had a preliminary HUD-1 drafted that reflected all the terms set within the contract. Thus Chase could examine all the specifics as well as what the net amount to Chase bank would be. They must have a HUD-1 to see exaclty what their net proceeds would be from the short sale in order to fully approve the short sale. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 21, 2011
Charles D'Alessandro Sr answered:
Yes there are. They do come in call today to check our inventory and put you name in for anything that comes in!
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 31, 2011
Mitchell Feldman answered:
Dear Iomc:

Here in Brooklyn, the vast majority of co-ops will not allow you to purchase in the form of an LLC, corporation or trust. If you find any that do please let me know.

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales
Madison Estates & Properties, Inc.
Office: (718) 645-1665/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 13, 2011
Phil Rotondo answered:
I believe it means that you own a foreclosure that you paid $22k for.
How much you pay will be itemized on the HUD-1 settlement statement which you will receive.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 24, 2010
Charles D'Alessandro Sr answered:
It's hard to advise. It seems to be operating at a profit of over $13,000 a year. is that inclusive of tax ,insurance, and all expenses? If so it looks ok but you have to decide.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Apr 11, 2010
Bobby J asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 8, 2010
Charles D'Alessandro Sr answered:
Hello Jenny,If you need the money from the first coop you should definitely sell or at least have a contract of sale on your existing apartment. You might find the perfect coop and not be able to move on it.

If you’re trying to sell your coop and buy another, I can help. Call me Charles D’Alessandro of Fillmore Real Estate today at 718 253-9600 or email me at for more information.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 10, 2009
Rhonda Holt answered:
Hello, I actually know this area very well and the co-op building you are referring to. This neighborhood is very nice, but if you want to know the crime statistics you can visit the local police station and get a report of the neighborhood.

Also, as far as pricing goes you should spend no more than $90-95K on a studio that is updated. Prices for a one bedroom in this area should not go over $155K. These prices are based on this particular area and can be higher or lower outside of this neighborhood.

Rhonda Holt
Full Time Top Sales Agent
Co-ops and Home Sales
Weichert Realtors, H.P Greenfield
1712 Utica Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11234
Office: 718-692-4444
Cell: 646-725-5941
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jun 11, 2009
Mitchell Feldman answered:
Dear Kerry:

For some reason there is no property attached to this question. I would suggest you find the property again and re-submit this question. As I mentioned in your previous question, I have a property I am currently marketing that may suit your needs, this link will tkae you to photos and details on the property:

If you want to view this property or if I can be of further assistance, please let me know.

Mitchell Feldman
Associate Broker
Madison Estates & Properties, Inc.
Office: (718) 645-1665
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 10, 2010
Tyler Thackray answered:
Property taxes are related to the specific address and value of the home. I'd find a few similar homes at nearby addresses and input them at
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice