Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

E Saint Louis : Real Estate Advice

  • All0
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying0
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 3
Sat May 3, 2008
Mitzi Berens answered:
Delilah: The St. Clair County Grants Department (618-277-6790 x3226) has a program that requires you to attend a homeownership class then provides down payment assistance in the form of a grant, I believe you do need $500 of your own funds. The home also must qualify, it has to pass an inspection and be occupiable at closing. There are some other grant-type programs that are partnered with FHA mortgages (AmeriDream & Nehemiah) each has there own nuances and can be better explained by a lender who specializes in these type of loans. Hope this is helpful ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Sep 11, 2007
Ute Ferdig answered:
Most likely, the property will be listed with a new agent. Banks recycle their inventory and give a brokerage only 3-6 months to sell a foreclosed property. If the property was on the market for a long time already, then the banks may hand it over to an auctioneer. One thing the bank won't do is sell it directly to a buyer. It is difficult to get the name and contact information of the asset manager who handles the lender's foreclosure sales. I would tell the agent who had the listing to keep an eye out for it and ask him to notify you if it comes back on the market. Then this agent can represent you on the buying side. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 10, 2007
J Lo answered:
Typically - expired means the contract between brokerage and seller has ended. This is not necessarily to mean the contract has not been re-instated with the same agency or another.

If you have a home you are interested in - an agent can easily find out if the house is still "technically" on the market.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
E Saint Louis Zip Codes