Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Dallas : Real Estate Advice

  • All140
  • Local Info6
  • Home Buying25
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions13

Activity 25
Fri Mar 29, 2013
Alberto Romero answered:
You should see an attorney about that
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 22, 2013
Michael Hammond answered:
Why would you hire an Agent who would advise you to overbid when you do not have the funds to make up the difference should the offer be accepted?
0 votes 17 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 29, 2013
Ron Thomas answered:
You can try to contact that bank;
but I doubt that they will communicate with you:
If they talk to you at all, they should tell you to wait until it is Listed with a local Realtor.

The Banks want Buyers to use a Realtor; they are paying the commission for you, and they are serious about Escrows not falling thru, for any reason.
So, you see, you are not saving anything, there is no way that you are going to beat the gun, and you will need the advice and council of your Realtor.

Good luck and may God bless
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 4, 2013
Allan Erps answered:
Am sure Short Sales are pretty much in every state
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue May 7, 2013
Ericka Kay Turner-Cannida answered:
Hello Lexi,

How are you today? Great I hope. There are some Lease to purchase homes out there. When are you looking to move? I will be happy to assist you with all of your Real Estate Goals. If buying is an option that is the BEST thing to do in this Market. I would love to discuss multiple options with you. Also would like to know more about your wants and needs as far as what you are looking for.

Feel Free to give me a call this week and we can talk about finding the BEST place.

Ericka Kay Turner
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 20, 2013
Hi Yanet,
You really need to have your Buyer's Agent to run the comparables for you. That will allow you to make an informed offer.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 13, 2012
Craig Zappin answered:

I am not in your area, but as a general rule of thumb, if you want to know the crime rate of a specific area or neighborhood, the best way to get the facts is by contacting the local police department. Let them know you are considering a move to this location and are interested in crime statistics such as the number of calls over the past 3 months. They should be happy to assist you. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 22, 2013
Tiffany Stone answered:
I would be happy to assist you with these properties. You may contact me at 678-704-5844 or e-mail me at

Tiffany Stone
Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Metro Brokers ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 18, 2013
Anna M Brocco answered:
Before considering anything, in order to best protect yourself, do consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate and see what option is best for you; rather than foreclosure a short sale could be one of the options..... ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 13, 2012
S Dena Hoggard answered:
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 24, 2011
Dan Tabit answered:
Your value is down, but so are all the bigger better homes you want to buy. The answer to your question depends on what you owe, what cash you have and if you can sell.
If you can make the move, you'll gain more long term on a larger more valuable home. The present loss may be made up over time by the projected gain when/if the market returns.
Talk to some local agents and lenders and discuss your specifics. They will be in the best position to advise you. Agents & lenders don't charge to meet and explore opportunities.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 28, 2011
Jean Feegel answered:
All loans that I am aware of require a higher credit score, however my best advise is to contact a mortgage officer in your area and have him review all your financials. You will then know if it is possible, and if not what you need to do to make it possible to get a loan.

Hope this helps!

Jean Feegel
Durham, NH
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 12, 2011
Michael Scott answered:
It takes 2 years after the bankruptcy is discharged before you could qualify for a loan. If you gave up your home in the bankruptcy it takes atleast 3 years from the time the before you can qualify for a loan, ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Dec 19, 2010
Michael Hammond answered:
Good question, Michael. Being that it is a log home should not matter IMO, but I suggest you contact Ken Cook for a definitive answer.

Georgia FHA Leader
Ken Cook 877-7000-KEN (536)
NMLS ID 208452

Good Luck!

Michael Hammond
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 19, 2011
Hi Kd770,

I can't answer your question as far as what if any equity you might have or any other real estate related questions but I can answer your questions regarding financing.

With the chapter 7 bk being so "recent" your best/only option will be an FHA loan.
You'll need to discharged from the bk for at least 2 years and have middle credit score of at least a 620.
If you "pulled through" the mortgage you should be fine as far having re-established your credit. The other thing to be aware of is FHA will require a clean credit history after the bk, meaning no late payments on any of your accounts and no new collections or charge offs after the bk .
FHA does require a minimum down payment of 3.5% which can be gift funds from a family member.

To qualify for the $6500 tax credit you have to have lived in your current home for the last 5 years and you need to be under contract on a new home by April 30th and close on the new home by June 30th.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 12, 2011
Michael Hammond answered:
Not necessarily, Alicia, but an agent may well make a higher commission percentage selling a HUD home. To accomplish this, however, you and he must present a winning bid. And the commission amount will likely figure into whether that bid is accepted. Good Luck!

Michael Hammond
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 2, 2010
Anna M Brocco answered:
What is your agent advising you to do-- and what does the contract state as far as backing out of the deal, etc.--depending on what the contract states-- you may wish to seek the advice of an attorney specializing in real estate--most professionals do offer a free consultation. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 16, 2010
Nancy Doyle answered:
Hi Bj,
It all depends on the verbiage in the contract and bank any addendum's. I have had a few bank owned properties that in the bank addendum they allowed for nothing. In other words not even an inspection period...buying as is. Did you work with a Realtor on this? If so I would run this by them as they are familiar and can interpret the language in your contract and explain it to you. If you did not use a Realtor I would recommend getting in touch with a local real estate attorney to help. Usually with bank owned homes they do not disclose anything as they know nothing to disclose. That is the big risk in buying foreclosures and the importance of being represented by a Realtor.

I wish you the best of luck,

Nancy Doyle
search Cape Coral homes for sale at
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 7, 2010
Dan Chase answered:
yes. Otherwise it is a material misrepresentation. The buyer if they found out after might be able to force you to buy the house back.

How would you feel if you bought a house in a flood zone not knowing it?

Besides, a smart buyer will find it out anyway. When they do they will question everything else about the house. What more are you trying to hide? Maybe I should look at a different house where the owner is not hiding things.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 8, 2009
Bill Hornsby answered:
Hello ReadytoGo,

Are you wanting market statistics from a professional Realtor or information from someone who lives there?

As a Real Estate Professional that covers that area, I can provide any kind of market / neighborhood information you might want. Please let me know more about what information you are looking for and I will be glad to provide what I can to you.


Bill Hornsby

Keller Williams Realty Across Atlanta
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice
Home Buying in Dallas Zip Codes