Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in Dakota County : Real Estate Advice

  • All3
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying3
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 32
Sun Nov 11, 2012
Suzanne MacDowell answered:
Yes, if you are talking about being a real estate salesperson, you need a license in every state. More than likely you will also need some education. The link below should help you. If not, call a local real estate office and ask for their help. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 26, 2013
Cameron Piper answered:

I would recommend that you talk to any real estate agent that has REO listings. From there attempt to learn as much about the trash out assignment process as possible and work to make contacts with the people who do the assigning. If you find that the agents are the ones in that area that make the decisions, work to build relationships with them. If the Asset Management companies are assigning the work, then work to build relationships with asset managers at the companies who are doing a lot of work in your area. Good Luck!!

Cameron Piper
Coldwell Banker Burnet
licensed MN Real Estate Broker
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 23, 2012
ptsservices1978 asked:
About PTS Services
PTS Services is your property maintenance experts for hire. We will solve all your problems in a timely and professional manner. We are experienced and knowledgeable ...
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 14, 2013
mushkaj answered:
You start by googling national property preservation companies that service that area. You can apply to be a vendor for them and then they will give you jobs.
You will need certain property preservation and clean out supplies once you do get jobs. PP materials carries a large selection for a great price. I would recommend checking them out. Good Luck. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue May 22, 2012
Brian Hurt answered:
Hi CJ,

I would be happy in helping you with any questions you may have. If there is certain information you are looking for, let me know and I will answer it as best I can.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 27, 2014
Kris Lindahl Team answered:
If it is listed as a short sale you can. It doesn't turn into a bank owned property until the redemption period expires. Email me the address and I'll look into what bank will be taking it over. I have contacts at most banks and may be able to help!

Talk to you soon!

Kris Lindahl, CRS, CDPE, SFR
Edina Realty
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 10, 2012
Thomas Drayton answered:
The quick and easy answer Manpat777 is "yes", you will.

If the owner is in redemption then they must pay the mortgage in full before redemption expires to regain possession of the property. I don't think that is likely to happen.

Thomas Drayton,
Eagan, MN
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 26, 2011
Michael Emery answered:
I assume this is a bank owned property. The listing Realtor is responsible for pricing the property, noting condition, and presenting offers to the asset manager. The presumption is the home has been priced with the condition of the home in mind.

If the property has been listed for 30 days, chances are they will reduce maybe 10 percent unless you can present a compelling case to the listing agent as to why the property isn't worth it. But chances are the listing agent believes they have properly priced the property with condition in mind.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 13, 2011
Michael Emery answered:
Once the sheriffs sale has occurred, Minnesota law allows for a six month redemption period. So technically you will own the home for six months after the sheriffs sale.

There are two ways to speed up the process. One is deed in lieu. The 2nd is a little used state statute that allows lenders to seize a property within five weeks after the sale. This requires a visit to a judge and proof of abandonment AND proof that the property is in danger of damage due to abandonment.

So no, everything won't be taken care of by the sheriffs sale. Continue to press the lender for a deed in lieu so you won't be stuck with your home for another six months.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 7, 2011
Cameron Piper answered:

Start calling some banks and ask to speak with their loss mitigation departments. I would focus on small local banks and work on building relationships with a select few asset managers and see if you can't get some business that way. Most real estate agents with REO contracts are unwilling to burden their asset managers with additional phone calls so they are very reluctant to give out their phone numbers. Good Luck!!

Cameron Piper
licensed MN Broker
Coldwell Banker Burnet
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu May 5, 2011
Cameron Piper answered:
Some of these folks might be able to help:

Cameron Piper
Coldwell Banker Burnet
licensed in MN
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Dec 6, 2013
Kent Gagon answered:
Olra, many banks already have what they call property preservation in place, your best bet would be to market to agents that have foreclosure listings and see if they need anyone to do clean outs. As for a license needed, I am not familiar with licensing laws in your state. Depending on what you want to do you may need certain types of licensing. Good luck
... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 18, 2010
Dallas Texas answered:

Most lender require:

620 + credit score
2 years of solid work history
Debt / income ratio in balance
3.5% or more down payment

Few of major areas

Contact a mortgage broker review your options

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 5, 2010
Aaron Dickinson answered:
I would recommend deleting this question since the other question you posted will get you far more detailed answers
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 6, 2010
Ralph Windschuh answered:
It would appear that the only way to stop the sheriff sale would be to get a court order to stop it. I would suggest speaking to an attorney to see what your options are. Good luck to you. ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 23, 2010
CCC answered:
Are you in Las Vegas or Minnesota?

Call in the County you live in and ask.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue May 22, 2012
Bill Eckler answered:

Generally, you are paid for your services after you have completed the job. You would be responsible for providing your own cleaning supplies and the cost for the removal of trash. These expenses should be figured into your estimate for doing the clean out and approved by the owner prior to doing the work. ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 3, 2010
CCC answered:
Hi, $225 to $250
FIRST: ask the listing agent for an authorization to de winterized the property. Once you have approval, then, ask them for a refrerral of the company that winterized it. City needs to be contacted to "connect" (turn on) the watter. At the time of the dewinterization, the company/person doing it must check for leackage around the house. ... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 29, 2011
Steele V. Propp answered:
Property is not yet on the market. Last listed on MLS back in 2008. You will not be able to buy direct from Duetsche Bank and they use several different asset management companies so it can be hard to find out who the property is assigned to.

Is the house empty? If so there may be a posting on it with some kind of contact information.
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice