Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Cuyahoga County : Real Estate Advice

  • All12
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying7
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 454
Sat Jun 23, 2012
Cecilia Sherrard answered:
Perhaps we can help you find a mortgage or assist you with credit repair. Feel free to contact us anytime. We're very experienced with home loans and programs.

Andrew Ginter & Cecilia Sherrard
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 20, 2012
Shannon Byrd answered:
There is no set time time frame. Bank of America can take anywhere from one week to several months.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 27, 2012
Tim Moore answered:
Start working with a lender if you have not yet. They will help you with loans and credit. Then find a good Realtor to help you and answer questions. Go from there. Good luck.
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 16, 2012
Dan Tabit answered:
In most cases with a 203K, the appraisal will be done on the finished value of the home. In other words, if you are buying for $200,000 and putting $35,000 worth of work into the house the finished value needs to be at least $235,000 for a lender to consider it. Truthfully, in this example, I would hope the finished value would be much more to make it worth your while to oversee the work.
203K loans require that all the work get done (or run through) a licensed contractors books. I've heard of people with construction experience who assist the contractor and save some of the money, but it still needs to go through them.
Even if in my example above, the home appraised at $300,000 finished with only $35,000 in improvements, the bank will lend in relation to the lesser of the purchase price or appraised value. You will still need down payment and not get any cash back.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 11, 2012
rosettamills asked:
i am in the the process of repairing my credit due to student loans i am on the section 8 program and am looking to rent a home i can buy in the next 3 or 4 years using their home owner...
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sun Jun 10, 2012
Vicky Chrisner answered:
Most lenders want 2 years of employment history.... but there are exceptions. Were you in college or at another job in the same industry before this one?
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 13, 2016
Dominic Picione - The Incorvaia Team answered:
Typically the main issue that delays the closing is the fact you need to get contractors in to give estimates and fill out all the proper paperwork. In this case, it sounds like the bank you're using may not have the 203k loan available as a loan product, so they may be using a 3rd party.

I know lenders that do the rehab loan and specialize in these, if you'd like to speak with them. Feel free to contact me anytime.
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 6, 2012
Anna M Brocco answered:
Since most foreclosures end up being listed by a broker consioder working with an agent of your own, who can provide any necessary information. If purchasing with a mortgage, be aware that a mortgage pre-approval letter is required in order to determine your price range and for any offers to be taken seriously. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu May 31, 2012
Stilinsane asked:
First of all il fill you in better, I sold my property which was a bungalow no water no hydro and it had 3 acres. A guy bounced back and forth with offers. Finally we settled and the de...
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 22, 2016
Suzanne MacDowell answered:
Define 'bad credit'. Many people think they have terrible credit when it's really not that bad. You can reach out to the company suggested below. You can also talk to a local mortgage banker. The banker will look at your situation and tell you what, if anything, you can do right now. If not now they can give you some tips on how to improve your credit and how long it will take for the improvements to show up on your credit report. A lot of times they will tell you what needs to be done and you can do it yourself, but I must say, if Tari is correct, it's a small price to pay to have someone do it for you. The process can be very time consuming. ... more
0 votes 78 answers Share Flag
Wed May 30, 2012
Duane Johnston answered:
Sorry to say chances are there is not much you can do about that. The appraisers and banks really have us all under the gun right now and sometimes will hold a closing up for a few days or sometimes in rare cases several weeks.
This has been a sore subject for us Realtors for the last few years now and so far not even we have been able to overcome that insanity in our lives. Just have your realtor put pressure on the buyers side to get this closed but I'm thinking that won't help much either. Just hang in there and I'm sure it will close soon.
Good Luck,
Not sure if I'm sane anymore,
Duane Johnston,
Howard Hanna Real Estate
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat May 26, 2012
Duane Johnston answered:
More than likely not, I don't think your income is not high enough to qualify for a loan. However you may be able to do a land contract with a seller. That maybe about the only way to buy the property.
If you would like to talk about it, you can call me anytime,

Duane Johnston,
Howard Hanna Real Estate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed May 23, 2012
Duane Johnston answered:
There are several programs that will help with your down payment but have to qualify for them. Talk with a loan officer as they will know all of them.
Good Luck
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri May 11, 2012
scoobydoobedo7 asked:
Thu May 10, 2012
Katherina Alix Michalopoulos answered:
Hi Shana,

Lyndhurst and Highland hts does not require POS.The rest do. The trick will be trying to find a house in your price range that has an afordable POS. Some can run over $20,000. Please feel free to call if you need more info.

Katerine Alix
216 704 6020
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu May 10, 2012
Joe Rath answered:
Only if you rent on a month to month basis or maybe even look into sub-leasing after you leave. It will all come down to the language in the lease, don't tie yourself up!
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed May 9, 2012
Duane Johnston answered:
More than likely not. Who's name is it in and why would you want to insure it. You can get contents insurance tho.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon May 7, 2012
Duane Johnston answered:
I'm sure I can find some. What are you looking for and how much do you want to pay.
Let me know,
Duane Johnston,
Howard Hanna Real Estate
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue May 1, 2012 answered:
go online to the cuyahoga county auditor website click on real property then online property search
the by address the type in the address such as

2694 and then 64 exactly the same

click on the parcel link that is blue

click on the red tab that says taxes

her address will pop up as the tax mailing address

which is

Carol A Robinson, 4137 Feiner Dr, Beachwood, OH 44122-6870

at this point you can either send a letter to this address introducing yourself and letting her that you want to buy the vacant lot

or give her a call to find her number to to
or etc

and you should come up with this

Carol A Robinson
4137 Feiner Dr Beachwood, OH 44122-6870

(216) 751-3004

Age: 60-64

Associated: Ronald E Robinson

hope this helps let me know if you need any help with any of your real estate needs

my name is brian exsentico
im with cleveland wholesale properties
we buy and sale properties throughout the city and surrounding towns

... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
... 4 5 6 7 8 ...
Search Advice