Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Crawfordsville : Real Estate Advice

  • All10
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying3
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 3
Thu May 24, 2012
Tim Moore answered:
Having no credit is not all that bad and much better than having bad credit.

The first step is always the same = go speak with a loan officer or mortgage broker about seeing if you can get a loan. Don't sign or spend anything, just ask questions and get prequalified. The loan officer at the bank you use would be a good place to start since they already know you. After that find a Realtor to help guide you and show you what is available in your price range. To this point it will have cost you nothing, Good luck. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 22, 2009
Lukasz Wojtuszkiewicz answered:
You should ask your attorney and have him relay your concerns to the buyer's side. Or even go through your agent and do the same thing. They should be able to find out how fast the possession is to take place but typically, the closing is scheduled so that you have time to be out of the house and the buyer takes possession on that day. You may have a reasonable buyer that is willing to give you a few days to get out, especially if they too still have to pack their stuff and move in. Talk to the people that are working for you! ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 29, 2009
Jody Jones answered:
I am not an attorney, and I think you should ask one to be 100% sure on this. However, I will tell you that if you are considering a lease with an option to buy, it depends on how you set it up at the beginning. Typically yes, after a 1-3 yr period, the option money initially given to you and the additional amount paid each month over and above the rent amount goes towards building the "equity" in the home so that they should be able to go and qualify for a conventional financing, at which time you would be paid in full.

In addition to consulting an attorney, you should also consult a tax advisor to determine if this would be in your best interests. Good luck with it!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice
Crawfordsville Zip Codes