Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Coram : Real Estate Advice

  • All32
  • Local Info4
  • Home Buying10
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions2

Activity 21
Tue Feb 26, 2013
Anna M Brocco answered:
Accprding to MLS, it's School District 12, Longwood.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 5, 2013
Dawn Fischetti answered:
Interview and ask questions. The lowest commission is not always the smartest option. Ask for referrals from family and friends. Good luck.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 10, 2013
Donna Lomenzo answered:
Well you will certainly get a lot of responses to this question! The most important thing is to be comfortable with the Realtor you choose. Make sure they answer all your questions and know your area. Interview a few different will know who you like. Don't be fooled by the one telling you only what you want to hear! Good luck and please feel free to call me for a interview!

Donna Lomenzo, Broker
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 5, 2013
Phil Rotondo answered:
You should discuss your concerns with:
A licensed inspector for your home.
A representative from Planning & Zoning or Code enforcement in place with your county.
You may also wish to consult an attorney. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Jun 3, 2012
Frances Montera answered:
This Community is Called Brettonwoods. It is like living in a Club Med atmosphere. There are so many activites for everyone. Playing cards, swimming therapy every morning @ 9am, Boce Ball, Tennis, Golf, Basketball, Parties, and much more. Call me @ 631-806-9388 to see the community. Once you see it, you won't want to leave. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 23, 2012
Gina Lollo answered:
You can contact me @ (631) 335-7078 and I would be have to walk you through the process.
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 29, 2012
Ronald Zarembok answered:
Tue Mar 5, 2013
Dawn Fischetti answered:
The general public does not have access to the history of listings. A property being marketed due to a short sale, is as Alia stated, is a long process. This home may have been through the process of buyers and accepted offers, but things just have not worked out. The longer a home is marketed for sale the less desirable it becomes, "shop worn".

Also, In order for the bank to know that they are receiving the most money for the property agents can begin marketing the home at a value of a normal sale. Maybe the agent was not well versed in the short sale process and did not cousel the owner properly.

My best advice is when buying, in any situation, ALWAYS have representation. Work with a Buyer's Agent. It is the best way to know as much information about a home you are thinking of buying.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue May 25, 2010
Scott Godzyk answered:
Maya you will need to make the request in writing to be released from your contract. Make sure you get a release in writing before listing with a second company. Good luck with your release and teh sale of your property. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 22, 2009
Agent answered:
It takes a minimum of 60 days from submission to closing.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri May 10, 2013
Jaishree..Jane Zilpelwar answered:
The best thing to do is to drive by and see if you like the area. If you like I can email you the link for neighborhood info, school info.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 3, 2009
Robbie Vaughn answered:


1. The lis pendens will be taken care of at the closing.
2. A lis pendens on a home does not allow the buyer to cancel a fully executed contract without being in breach.

Remember, this is generally/usually the case. You should speak with your closing attorney to determine if the above applies in your specific case.

All the best,

Robbie L. Vaughn, Esq.
(Robbie Vaughn)
Long Island, Brooklyn and Queens Real Estate & Bankruptcy Attorney.
Broker/Owner of Bayview Estates Realty of Long Island.

No Attorney-Client, or Broker-Client relationship is formed until we have a signed agreement. This is not legal advice. Please verify any and all information provided to you.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 21, 2009
Donna Lomenzo answered:
Prior to the current listing of $205,000 the last thing I see is that it was on the market in 1997 for $89500 but never sold. However it is showing that there is a Lis Pendens for $65,000 that was posted on 4/14/2008. If you are trying to figure out how much to offer go by today's market value...not what someone paid in 2003, you will drive yourself crazy. Good luck to you.

Donna Lomenzo
Coldwell Banker Neyland Realty
Middle Island
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Aug 13, 2009
Voices Member answered:

What does Trulia charge for a full page ad now?
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 23, 2009
Gail Gladstone answered:
I can't answer for this particular builder, but in general, funds are tight and contractors are taking jobs working for other contractors inbetween constructing new homes. New homes were actually at a real standstill for a while, but are just starting up again. A real good indicator that the industry is starting to take a turn upward (that and the interest rates going up).

So, if you were sitting on the fence about buying...time to climb down.
... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 4, 2009
Jaishree..Jane Zilpelwar answered:
Hi Lulubelle416,
There are 3 homes available (price from $259,900-379,990..2-3 bedroom), which house are you looking for. If you like more details on each of the house, price, bedroom etc, please send me your email address, I will be happy to give you the details. Thank you..
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Jan 10, 2009
Alan May answered:
The agency protection period usually states that a commission is owed for any showings that took place, DURING the listing period.

A showing that took place after that period, could be a bit of a grey area. However, I would think that if the offer is decent, and it clearly came through the old listing office, that you should be willing to pay the commission.

There are a lot of listings sitting out there, without an offer, who'd be thrilled to trade places with you, and pay a commission.
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 17, 2012
Ronald Zarembok answered:
Information about permits can be found by going to the town building department, located at 1 Independence Hill in Farmingville, NY. As far as how long it takes to be resolved, it depends on the circumstances. If the structure is no longer there, why are we worried about a permit? A permit for nothing? If you need assistance please call me at 631-398-9543 and I would be happy to help. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 21, 2011
Donna Lomenzo answered:
Coram has some good buys on CO-OP's right now. If you would like me to send you some send me an email at and I will do a complete search for you. Or you can call me at 631-205-5300. You also have a good selection of CO-OP's in Middle Island as well. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 6, 2008
Michael Doyle answered:
I thought if there was no quorum no business could be conducted. I've been at meetings where we had to re-schedule because we didn't have a quorum.
Michael Doyle Realtor
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice
Coram Zip Codes