Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

How To... in Contra Costa County : Real Estate Advice

  • All68
  • Local Info5
  • Home Buying38
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 11
Sun Jan 20, 2013
The Hagley Group answered:
Manuel Escobar at PSS Electronics would be a great place to start. He's a great guy, and a whiz at this stuff. He does a lot of custome work throughout the Bay Area.
Phone: (510) 888 - 9010
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 11, 2013
The Medford Team answered:
To be honest, I’ve never heard of anyone being successful in getting a telephone pole removed. The pole in front of the house appears to be a primary service pole for electrical to the homes at the end of the court, it’s the street lamp AND also looks like it is providing phone and cable service as well. My guess is that it will not be possible to move it.

Contact the city’s building department and ask them if there are any options – here is their website:

Since the home is pending, I’m assuming you are buying the house and want to know what your options are for the pole?
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 4, 2012
Joe Annunziato III answered:
Hello Jimmy:
I understand your dilemma. I would have thought the steps you followed would have solved your problem. There are other real estate "aggregators" out there that gather listing information from multiple sources and then distribute it to other sites (such as Trulia) and that may be the reason that the listing agent cannot make the changes. I have checked the help pages from the Broker/Agent site and cannot find an answer either. I have emailed Trulia's support from the Broker/Agent side explaining your issue and asking if there is a fix to your problem. I will let you know if I learn anything that will be helpful to you.
Joe Annunziato III
CA DRE# 00872588
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 23, 2011
Laura Feghali answered:
Hello Hannaleez,
First, you need to claim your property on Trulia by bringing up the address. A tab will appear to claim it and it will ask for verification that you are the owner. You then can go into the detailed listing information and click on the edit photos tab to enable you to delete the photos.
I hope this is helpful.
Good luck!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Dec 23, 2009
Charlotte Irons answered:
depending on the cost... under a couple thousand you will be alright in small claims court. Alittle heads up .. you could have had the seller put money in escrow for the cell and this way you could have ordered it if he did not, than you would had to give the bill to the closing company and they would have paid it. Usualy they put 1 1/2 time of the estimate in escrow and the seller would have received the surplus after the bill was paid. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 10, 2009
Kamal Randhawa answered:
Hello there,

It is very common for escrow to close a little later thent he scheduled date, however, an extension should have been requested by the party needing the extension in writing. Do you know for a fact that its' the seller lingering? I would suggest you find out what's going on and then see how it effects you as trying to win on a breach of contract on real estate matters can be quite expensive and time consuming. Good luck and please feel free to call or email me anytime. You should also visit the CAR website to find out more about your legal rights. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 18, 2009
Bill Eckler answered:

Good luck with your search....there are a large number of people out there right now that are seeking this very same option.

Expect that smart sellers are going to be looking to protect their interests by requesting a sizable deposit in exchange for a lease option agreement. There are many rental "horror stories" that these home owners need to avoid at all costs.

These same sellers may also do a background and credit check. They understant that there are too many "freeloaders" that, once in, are extremely difficult to evict.
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 4, 2011
James Kobzeff answered:
Hi Curtis
It depends on the zoning, so check with your local planning department. Here in Salem, for example, I've seen up to 28 units allowed per acre. Also, you might want to look at my real estate investment software to help you crunch the numbers. See ProAPOD at => ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 3, 2008
Bernard Gibbons answered:
Disclosure: I am not an attorney. This is purely my opinion.

If the lease was never signed and there is no other written agreement that is signed at least by you, it would appear that the landlord does not have the right to keep your deposit. Of course actually getting the landlord to refund it may not be so easy. A small claims court action may be necessary to achieve the result you want.

Bernard Gibbons

Bernard Gibbons, Realtor, e-PRO Certified Internet Specialist
J. Rockcliff Realtors, 15 Railroad Avenue, Danville, CA 94526
Phone (925) 997-1585
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 6, 2010
Bernard Gibbons answered:
Craigs List is really the only online place you need to consider. 90% of those looking for a rental will be looking there. Apart from that I would consider a clasified ad in the Contra Costa Times (all editions). That will get to the few that are not using the Internet.

You don't really need outside help from anybody to find a renter but make sure you get a credit check.

Bernard Gibbons, Realtor, e-PRO Certified Internet Specialist
J. Rockcliff Realtors, 15 Railroad Avenue, Danville, CA 94526
Phone (925) 997-1585
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 20, 2010
Johnny Huang, MBA answered:
Once the deal is closed and no prior "written" agreement on a rebate, then there's not much you can do. I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience with an agent that was non-responsive, heck that's alot of people's complaint about some agents. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice