Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Clark County : Real Estate Advice

  • All0
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying0
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 36
Tue Oct 23, 2012
melisacraigmiles answered:
michael osborne with remax he is the best he knows the area well.... i live in a rental in the subdivision in clark county indiana where michael has some houses for sale
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Apr 10, 2012
Maureen Cody answered:
Dear Rayna,

Everyone's situation is different, and every transaction is different; so I am sure the repsonses you will recieve will vary accordingly.

Generally speaking....
should you find a property you like but just need a little more time to secure a downpayment, the lease to own could allow you to move into the property and then purchase it at the time specified in the contract.

It is a risk to both the buyer and the seller.

For the seller, they are taking the home off the market and should the deal fall through they have to start all over to sell it. Also for the seller should the market improve, by the date it closes, perhaps the property is worth more by then.

For the buyer, often the contract is written so that the deposit is kept by the seller should the property not close on the future agreed upon date. Depending on the amount of the deposit this could be a serious risk. Also there are alot of unknowns, just like for the seller the property could increase in value, in this market it is alsp possible for the buyer that there is a risk the property will decrease in value by the time they close and could be hard to get financing on the contract price.

I could go on and on.... but bottom line it is all about *how* the contract tis written,
I suggest you contact a locat Realtor who can guide and advise you through this process.

Best Regards,
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri May 16, 2014
Scott Godzyk answered:
Tony you definatelt do not want to complete any work that you have to pay for until you own the property. The risk is too great in a short sale. A short sale is never completely accepted until you are all signed and handed the keys.

The 203k would be a good way to go, ask you loan officer for guidance. they should be able to inform you of you ooptions. th eother option is to ask if you can put the 8k in escrow, so when you close the bank knows that money is there to complete the mold.

Also you didnt state anything about the price you are paying, hopfully you are getting a good enough deal to make it worth while. The mold shoudl have been tested by an expert as well as teh other parts of teh house to make sure the spores are not through out the house,

Good luck with your purchase

Please see my blog with more great tips and advice on buying a short sale.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 19, 2010
Matthias Ferlic asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 19, 2010
Matthias Ferlic asked:
Tue Feb 16, 2010
Rudy McDowell answered:

I hope this helps:

to obtain a FHA insured mortgage within the Continental United States:

1.) Property must be the borrower's principal/primary residence
2.) Borrower must have a valid Social Security Number (SSN)
3.) Borrower must be eligible to work in the U.S. as evidence by his/her Employment Authorization Documents (EAD) issued by the US Citizen and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Note: Social Security card alone can not be used as evidence of work status. Although Social Security cards may indicate work status, such as "not valid for purposes," an individuals may change without being reflected on the actual Social Security card. Therefore your EAD must be used instead.

if your EAD expires within 1 year and a prior history (12-24 months) of residency status renewal exists, must lenders (including us) may assume that the EAD continuation will be granted. If there is no prior renewals, a lender will determine your likelihood of renewal, based primarily on information from the USCIS.

Aliens that have been granted refugee or asylee status by the USCIS are automatically eligible to work in this country. Therefore, an EAD is not required.

I hope this has been helpful. If I can be of any further assistance, please feel free to contact me at your
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 28, 2009
Leasing To Own Solutions answered:
Hey there Matthias,

Since I'm kinda the Lease-to-Own guy here on Trulia, maybe I can help you.

To be able to find/move into a lease-to-own house, you'll need at least 3-5% upfront. If you decide to purchase the house, the 3-5% (or whatever the seller will need from you) will be credited towards the purchase price when you buy BUT if you decide NOT to buy the house, the 3-5% us non-refundable. I may be able to even offer you Rent Credits.

If your serious about finding a house and have AT LEAST 3-5% upfront (I DO NOT WORK WITH TIREKICKERS), shoot me an email with what considerations you have for your new house (ie...3 bed, 2bath, no garage, etc and what you can comfortably afford for a monthly lease payment & purchase price) and i'll start looking to acquire a house for you.

Best Wishes,
Lease-to-Own Professional and Independent Consultant
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Sep 29, 2009
William Polack answered:
Currently, there are no programs available for non-permanent aliens. There are loans for non-permanent resident aliens, however it seems that you are not a resident as any status. You'll have to buy the house in the name of your american spouse and use your income as a compensating factor. You may also get an HB1 Visa through an employer in the states, get a social security card allowing you to work in the U.S. and then buy the house. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 12, 2009
Jaime Osborn answered:
Hello Amy,
there doesn't seem to be any link to follow and I don't see an address either. Which property would you like to know the price of my email is
feel free to drop me an email with the address and I'll be more than happy to give you a price and my opinion of it and some comparative sales in the area to give you an idea if the price is in line with other similiar homes in the area
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Oct 6, 2008
Emily Erekuff answered:
Hi Louise,

It looks like there are more than a few real estate professionals in the Trulia Voices community. Check out the link below to see our Member Search results for this area. You can check out profiles for the agents listed and also review their questions and answers to get a better sense of their expertise.

I hope this helps you.

Best Wishes,

Emily Gibson
Community Moderator
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Feb 11, 2014
Terry Elder answered:
I would suggest contacting a local real estate agent directly.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 14, 2008
Cameron Piper answered:

Your question is best possed to the real estate agent representing you in the purchase of the home since there are far too many factors to consider when answering this sort of question. The operative question for you to answer is whether or not you have any additional contingencies to exercise. If you don't I would start by offering the seller of the house your earnest money as liquidated damages, but would also be prepared for them to yell and scream. I know that this is tough, but please consider the fact that you made this agreement and that you owe it yourself and your inegrity to do what you can to hold it together.

Cameron Piper
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 19, 2008
Nora Smith answered:
I actually live in Alberta, Canada and am looking to move to Jeffersonville, IN. Thus I am not certain of USA pricing changes.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Aug 31, 2013
Louise Stelma answered:
Tue May 6, 2008
Laura Karambelas answered:

If you are using an agent, they should be able to give you references for real estate attorneys. Also, ask your friends, co-workers, family, etc. who they used for their real estate needs. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 15, 2009
Mark Palace answered:
Hi Lee: I would just go to and then call a local realtor there. Good luck! Best, Mark
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice