Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in Cincinnati : Real Estate Advice

  • All668
  • Local Info58
  • Home Buying207
  • Home Selling81
  • Market Conditions38

Activity 27
Fri Sep 6, 2013
Tressa Ellis answered:
Contact your County Auditor or Treasurer and ask if the have a payment plan. Most of them do offer a payment plan to get you caught up and back on track.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 13, 2011
Tim Moore answered:
Sun Jul 31, 2011
Jack Gillis answered:
Interesting situation. Unfortunately, based on the limited facts you have presented here, only a real estate attorney in your area will be able to give an answer with any meaning. I will say, in most jurisdictions, the bank would have no right to change the locks and evict you until AFTER the foreclosure process.

Jack Gillis, M.B.A., J.D.
Jack Gillis Realty Advisors
Nathan Grace Real Estate, Broker
5619 Dyer Street | Suite 100
Dallas, TX 75206
Cell: 214.718.4910
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 7, 2011
Michael Emery answered:
Number 8 on the list does not apply to your situation.

Your landlord has been served a notice of foreclosure and until the sheriffs sale and then the confirmation of foreclosure they are the legal owner of the property and can charge rent - regardless of whether they are paying their mortgage.

Number 8 on the list is when the sheriffs sale has occurred and the court has issued a confirmation of foreclosure. Once the confirmation of foreclosure has occurred, THEN your landlord will no longer own the property and cannot legally collect rent from you.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 15, 2011
Anna M Brocco answered:
Without many details, and unclear as to which house, is the mortgage assumable, etc.; in order to best protect yourself, do consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate, he/she can best advise as it relates to your specific situation, see exactly what options you may have--and go from there. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 12, 2011
Trent Warner answered:
I thought this article was interesting, this is where the question is coming from
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 12, 2011
Tony McMahon answered:
Go to the county clerks office and they should be able to tell you. It is a matter of public record. You may also be able to research it on line as it would have been reported in the newspaper. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 10, 2011
Tony McMahon answered:
Not yet, but I will be making good use of it.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 2, 2010
Scott Godzyk answered:
If you own them in your name, or all 3 are in the same llc or trust name, the bank could then seek to attach the other properties for the deficiency due to foreclsoure. You should see a real estate attorney for ownership options. As for foreclosure, you would be also better off to try and sell it via a short sale instead of letting it go to foreclsoure.

Please see my blog on how to sell through a short sale and get it approved.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Nov 6, 2010
Bob Movin-On answered:
It is the buyer way out of a contract!

Bob Patrick
Buy a home after foreclosure expert
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 27, 2010
C83gordon asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 14, 2010
Barbara Kachenko answered:
It is difficult.

working with banks on shorts sales is difficult for the buyers, lenders, home owners and realtors because the bank doing the short sale has no personal envolvement whatsoever so if and when it happens it does or does not. It could take 90 days or 9 months the only emotional strain is on all the other parties. ... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 22, 2010
Daniel asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 2, 2010
Sheila Bell, ABR,CRS,e-PRO,GRI,AHWD,SRS answered:
Sheriff auctions are one of the more common types of foreclosure sales you're likely to find. These types of sales are usually the result of judicial foreclosure proceedings and require that the local county Sheriff preside over the sale of the property, which is where they get their name.

So, to answer your question, yes you would get title, but it would likely NOT be a warranty deed since they really don't know know history, Be sure to get owner's title policy advice from an attorney or a title company.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Feb 19, 2010
James Gordon ABR SFR SRS answered:
Steelers some asked for time normally not the lender and our judicial system grants it. Just hope that he does not file bankruptcy.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Nov 28, 2009
Sean Dawes answered:

Unless you can prove he can pay off the debt, then they will go to foreclosure. But I am assuming there is no change in income as the person is in prison.

Sean Dawes
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 6, 2009
James Gordon ABR SFR SRS answered:
Sat Oct 31, 2009
James Gordon ABR SFR SRS answered:
It gives the defendant a chance to answer and bring to light any legitimate defense that they might not have brought forward. Also it is a last chance to answer for someone who has not answered in court yet. Time in the house 5-6 months unless they get approved for a short sale by the lender or work out a loan modification either of which could happen.

Not legal advice just what I have seen.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Oct 30, 2009
James Gordon ABR SFR SRS answered:
Steelers43 from what I have seen happen about another 5-6 months. Not legal advice just what I have observed and that is if they do not answer the appealable judgement.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Aug 31, 2009
Matt Clark answered:
If you want to send me an email with your specific questions, I'd be happy to answer them.
Matt Clark
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice