Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Centennial : Real Estate Advice

  • All64
  • Local Info5
  • Home Buying20
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 19
Thu Apr 24, 2014
You can obtain an FHA loan 3 years after a foreclosure and a conventional loan after 5-7 years depending on the lender. If you would like I could give you a custom quote.

Contact me through my profile. ... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 16, 2013
Barbara Gregg answered:
Funny, the lenders still in business are by and large good lenders. One of the good things that came out of the "housing crisis" was a shake-up. Integrity was not always a part of the equation, it seems to be for now. For that I am grateful.

Mark Smith with Abacus Financial is awesome, one of the smartest people I know, his number is 303-488-0202. If you plan on using FHA or any government first time programs I would call Julie Mason with Universal, she is a plethera of knowledge and information and an amazing heart. If your planning on investing using your 401K I have a different lender for that.

Tom, if you can let me know what your intentions and goals are I will be better equipped to send you in a direction that serves all.
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 4, 2013
Thomas Reed answered:
It all depends on where you live at. There are plenty of pools all over that offer both indoor outdoor and warm therapy pools. For instance If you live in Highlands Ranch they have 4 different recreation centers to choose from as part of the HOA.

If you live southwest Litteton. The Ridge and Peak and Lilly Gulch recreation centers offer Indoor lap, Competion Diving, Warm Therapy, as well as childrens indoor area. There link is at Once you join you also have access to 4 outdoor pools. Now the outdoor pools are not lap style pools. They are more for family recreation.

Wheatridge offers indoor and outdoor as well they can reached at

City of Golden has a great center as well they can be reached at

Northglenn, Parker, Lakewood and others cities have facilties as well.

Good luck
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 26, 2014
Thomas Reed answered:
Tracy Please send me your contact information. I live and work in Centennial and surrounding area. I have many rentals in the area as well as listings. All i need is the particulars if what you are looking for and we can start there. Look forward to talking with you. Tom Reed 303-933-3333 ... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 21, 2013
Michael Huffman answered:
Try searching on rental sites like,, or craigslist. Have you considered purchasing instead of renting, its cheaper to purchase in many metro areas.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 7, 2012
Bob Schenkenberger answered:
I'm happy to help with a Market Analysis. Email me the address and I'll get right on it!
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 5, 2012
Lynne.lba asked:
some crime element i should know about in this neighborhood..?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 29, 2012
Bill Leeper answered:
Welcome! "Best Schools" can mean alot of things to a lot of people. The best way to answers your question is in a conversation. Send me an email at I will be happy to answer all of your questions.

All the best-
Bill Leeper
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Fri May 31, 2013
Anna M Brocco answered:
Consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate for all related paperwork.....if your renters are utilizing a mortgage, they should visit with any qualified loan officer in order to acquire the loan.... ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 15, 2011
Anna M Brocco answered:
There are plenty of local agents that can help you locate a suitable rent to own property, therefore consider working with an agent of your own--keep in mind that rent to own situations could have many pitfalls, and one could stand to lose a bit of money--therefore, inform yourself well beforehand, consider consulting with an attorney who specializes in real estate, research online, etc., so that an informed decision can be made. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 9, 2010
Dp2 answered:
The short answer to most of your questions is: it depends.

You have the right to consult with your own real-estate attorney, and yes all of that could be fair if you signed a P&S with those terms.

Also, it's up to you to ensure that your sell-side transaction happens in a timely manner (as to not botch your exchange).
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 10, 2012
Julie Reddington answered:
I am guessing you are looking to rent over buy?? Trulia rentals certainly is an option, but the clients I talk to who are wanting a rental, I point them towards Craigslist, Denver Backpage, Hotpads, Trulia and Zillow. Unlike the homes for sale where they are entered into an MLS, there isn't any database like this for rentals.

If you are looking to purchase, please check out You will have to factor in HOA' s, insurance, taxes, but you have the tax rights off's also which make home ownership more appealing.

Call me if you want to talk more in details about what you are looking for

Julie Reddington

720 226 4168
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 30, 2010
Brian Burke answered:
That is a good worry for the sellers to have. I have had Banks go after Clients after the closing and it may happen when you think it is all done.The banks need to write a letter letting seller out of loan and saying they will not come after them. The Seller can cancel the contract at any time if the Lender will not write the letter. What if you tell them the Bank will not come after them and 6 months later they garnish the Sellers wages with out warning? I know of this happening.
Short Sales are risky and who knows the Lender may not approve the short sale anyways. I think they should sign it and see what the lender says. If the lender will not write the letter saying they will not come back on sellers, then cancel agreement. Read Short Sale Add.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 3, 2009
Bob Schenkenberger answered:
It depends. If the infill project is comprised of homes that are more expensive than the adjacent homes, the result is often positive. The converse is also true. For example, if you live in a neighborhood of $750k homes, and an infill townhome project adjacent to you is going to sell units for $100k each, that would not be a great thing for the property values.

I'm happy to discuss if you want more info.

Good Luck!

... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 27, 2009
Mike Baker answered:

Unfortunately this happens. I agree there is no reason it should. The most likely scenario is that the other buyer was a cash buyer who was willing to close very quickly and remove all contingencies within the offer so it was truly as is at the time of the offer. This is pure speculation but I have worked for buyers before that similar circumstances have occurred. I am sorry you missed out on the opportunity and I hope another one comes up soon for you.

If you arent working with an agent and want assistance let me know. In this foreclosure market, you need to be looking every day and prepared to write an offer immediately upon finding something you like. The good ones go fast.

Good Living,

Mike Baker
Prudential Colorado Real Estate
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 16, 2008
Stefan Geyer answered:
It may be useful to determine if any viable comparables from Heritage Greens were overlooked in the appraisal report, and if they were, it would be important to know why. Your agent can help you identify these in the MLS. I am wondering if the appraiser chose Lone Tree because both neighborhoods reside near a golf course? The appraiser likely explained their reasoning in the addendum, so it is worth a thorough read. If you are still not content with the value estimate in the report, you may want to check with the lender to find out if there is a dispute process. Each lender has different guidelines for dealing with disputes such as yours. All the best. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Dec 9, 2008
Dallas Texas answered:
SUGGESTION: you need a buyers agent to assist you. HOWEVER take the inspectors report cut and paste in a word document forward the seller for request of repairs. All matters are subject to both buyer and seller agreeing. Repairs and receipts must be provided at closing you do a walk thru 24 - 48 hours prior to closing. Is your lender going approve a loan perhaps an overvalued home. Keep in mind appraiser needs to review the property on lenders behalf it may not pass appraisal. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sat Dec 29, 2012
Rowena Patton answered:
It can be tricky with dual agency when the Realtor is representing both sides.

First, I would take a deep breath and see if it does appraise. You may well not have a problem. Meanwhile, you can ask your Realtor friend to pull comparative sales for SOLD properties in the last 3 months, and also LISTED properties that have just been listed that are similar to the house you are looking at. Have your Realtor then delve in to look at how long those homes have been on the market. It might be much easier process with your husband if you have all the facts in front of you to make an informed decision, whether or not it appraises. ... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 24, 2008
Stuart Dobson answered:
Hi Tom,

Did you have a question about The Village at Centennail by Berkeley Homes?
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Search Advice