Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Financing in Carson : Real Estate Advice

  • All97
  • Local Info12
  • Home Buying34
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions3

Activity 7
Sun Sep 2, 2012
Michael Magaw answered:
I do know of a few programs run through non-profit corporations that allow for principal reduction. Contact me for details.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Aug 29, 2011
Sabrina Simpson answered:
If you have VA loan eligibility you can get a VA loan just about anywhere. Wells Fargo and Bank of America have VA programs. Are your a first time buyer? This is a great market for veterans to purchase their first home. What areas are you looking? Feel free to email me if you need assistance in locating an experienced agent working with VA Buyers. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 26, 2013
Chris Covalle MBA, CPA answered:
Hi Joyclyn, no there is not an age limit factored into the refinancing or purchase processes as that would be discriminatory behavior. The traditional factors are reviewed-debt to income/credit score/loan to value, etc. Please feel free to contact me w/ any additional questions, Thanks, ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 24, 2010
Carl Henker answered:
Deoends on where your FICO is now. Is it over 620? Can you document your income? Many factors will impact your ability to obtain a conventional loan.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 24, 2009
Carl Henker answered:
Did they have the property in a Trust or is he just the beneficiary of their will? If he was in title on the house he would be on the deed which sounds like it is not the case. You will need to read the deed and find the will or trust. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Sep 18, 2013
Rebecca Chambliss answered:
I would suggest you hire a Realtor to help you through this. The bank who did the reverse mortgage has a loan on the house and so they must be paid back when the house is sold. Your realtor can help you get a title report to show who is on title and if the house is held in a trust and then you can take the proper steps to get the home sold.

Good luck.
... more
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 18, 2011
Sandy Shores answered:
Hi Yoruba,

You may want to start by using the How much house can I afford calculator on the CNN money website. Then, contact a local Realtor to the area and they will be able to let you know what you can buy for that price.

Happy House Hunting,
Sandy Shores
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Financing in Carson Zip Codes