Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Tech Tips in California : Real Estate Advice

  • All2K
  • Local Info95
  • Home Buying1K
  • Home Selling180
  • Market Conditions51

Activity 127
Tue Sep 16, 2014
Carol Murray answered:
Portola, California is located in Plumas County. just 1 hour north of Truckee and 1 hour northwest of Reno, Nevada. The Plumas County building department is relatively easy to deal with. For more information about sloped lots, contact the county office at (530) 283-7011. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jan 25, 2012
Joe answered:
I do too. I saw them last year at the Fillmore. It was a double bill: Timber Hollow Floors, with Douglas Fir Softwood opening for them. Great show, sponsored by PineSol.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Feb 23, 2012
Scott Godzyk answered:
Bonb i hope that agents learn how to use it correctly. So many times agents are posting "way to much persona info TMI" or taking an arumentative stand on everything. These actions are sending potential clients away in droves not attarcting any. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 5, 2011
Terri Vellios answered:
I can't help you on Trulia side, however, our local MLS will allow me to set you up with a search by streets. Perhaps they are integrating that features and it's not fully functional yet.

In the meantime if you would like me to help you, let me know.

All the best.
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 9, 2011
Bahia Ferrah asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 14, 2012
Gerard Carney answered:
My own website of course, would any good agent be using his own website the most!
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 1, 2011
Joe Cusumano answered:
You can but it will be very tough. Cities are hurting for money and this is one way to get some. If you had plans then you might be able to fight ti but with out them they are pretty much in the the drivers seat. I would recommend you elevate the case and request a hearing. Might be your only shot. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 12, 2011
Candace Hart answered:
I think maybe some people are hesitant to place a picture because there are some weird stalker crazies out there who specifically look for people on these sites for reasons that might be dangerous. Others are just lazy. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 2, 2011
Tony McMahon answered:
It would make things easier, but I think many are afraid of possible fraud, etc..
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 18, 2014
Ryan Ferrelli answered:
Very expensive!! Go on and outsource it
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 28, 2011
Sam asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 12, 2011
Ingrid Ski Realtor answered:
You can change to another host. I've done it. Just ask the host if they built it it's yours Ben I you in the future change to another host. Always good o ask and know there policy. Ingrid ski realtor. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 16, 2014
Eric Israel answered:
Blue host is good and we can build your site:
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue May 24, 2011
Dan Phipps answered:
Hi Janus,

As I'm sure you know, the monthly cost will depend on a lot of factors like the size of the pool, the type of pump, the cost of water and electricity in your area, and whether or not you'll be heating the pool during winter. to get an accurate estimate, you would have to have all that information and give it to a pool professional.

With that said... It looks like the most common cost of pool maintenance is around $75 to $100 per month. This is if you do the maintenance yourself. If you choose to have a professional service do it, then you can probably expect the monthly cost to be closer to $200 or more.

Now keep in mind that I'm not a pool expert, so my numbers could potentially be completely off. My answer is based upon the information I got elsewhere on the internet. Here are some of the sources so you can see for yourself:

There are ways that you can save money on pool costs as well. One way is to make sure you have a variable speed pump. This type of pump can save you quite a bit every month on electric bills. Another is using a pool cover to keep the pool cleaner, warmer, and reduce evaporation.

I also found this website that spells out ways to reduce your monthly chemical costs. It's called the BBB method -- for bleach, baking soda, and borax as the chemicals to use instead of costly pool chemicals. They explain it better than I ever could so here it is:

I hope this information was helpful
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Feb 5, 2011
Nick Seevers answered:
It depends on the HOA. Some will cover maintenance of the house and yard. Some will cover just the community area.

Nick Seevers
Century 21 All Professional
(916) 715-8417
DRE #01862254 ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 15, 2012
Gabriel Nguyen answered:
Hi Huskers,

I don't know how long R&M Water Group has been out of business but I think you always can Google it. If the cost to maintain the system is more than a new one, I think you should consider buying a new one. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 5, 2010
Scott Miller answered:
Hi Anthony. Creating a business page on FB will give you exposure which is the most important thing on earth when people are looking for your service. Sign up for FB and find the link, 'Create a Page for My Business'. Update it, write about your business, invite others and ask them to invite their contacts. Join real estate groups and you'll begin to see how it works.

You can also advertise your services on Craigslist, MerchantCircle, Twitter, Yelp. Here are some links to help you:

You've got a lot to do now. Sign up and start building your web presence. Don't forget, old fashion business building strategies still work, too. There's nothing quite like walking into a real estate office with a carry-box of Starbucks coffee and a stack of your business cards to hand out. Do this a couple of times and I promise you, you'll be getting calls for inspections.


Scott Miller, Realty Associates, Boca Raton, FL
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Jul 17, 2010
Sue Wylie answered:
Dear W Maynard:

You say you are a buyer and a seller - you do not say why you are concerned over this un-permitted use. Is it because you are planning to sell, or if you are hoping to gain some financial recourse through lawsuit.

As I understand it, the clock starts ticking form the time you discover a problem, not from when the transaction closed. If the un-permitted use of this structure was disclosed to you at time of sale, then there is nothing more to discuss. You bought it as is.

As for not getting a copy of your Transaction Disclosure, you would have to prove that in a court of law. That could be difficult and expensive.

If you are planning to sell and believe this would be a hindrance to the sale, then you need to ask the city what has to be done to turn it into a permitted use. Your zoning may absolutely restrict that, and to go through the procedure for a zoning variance would be long, and cumbersome, and more than likely will not work.

You do not say whether the city is ordering you to restore the structure to its original use. This seems unlikely as you probably would have stated thus in your question. Sometimes it is better to let sleeping dogs lie.

Did you destroy your files too? you should always keep your transaction paperwork. You may be able to get all your escrow documents form the escrow company. There would probably be a small fee.

For future reference, when you are transacting real estate, ask your Agent to use our Transaction Management Service: CYB TEAM. CYB Team really does COVER YOUR BUCKS!!!.

CYB Team stores all transaction documents online for 7+ years. We give each party to the contract a copy of their documents. Law requires a broker to hold transaction records for only 3 years, but the statute of limitations for problems starts at the time of discovery, so that could even be 5-10+ years later, as in your case.

CYB Team also gives you a CD or DVD copy of your transaction and online access to your file for 7 years. We provide electronic signing services too, so you can sign your escrow, disclosures and other paperwork from anywhere in the world with just a few mouse clicks. ALl parties to the transaction can do this no matter where they are.
As a seller you can order these Transaction Management Services directly from CYB Team too, you are also protected by our Risk Management policy, so when a problem like this arises, you can call our helpline and get assistance.

I would be pleased to look into this matter further for you, at no cost to you.
Please give me a call at 310-831-8311

Sue Wylie, CEO
Transaction Management Services
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 5, 2009
Patrick Thies answered:
If no one bids the amount the bank is looking for, then the house will usually go back to the bank. This is part of the foreclosure process and how the banks get most of the houses back. ... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 30, 2010
Alan May answered:
I have a mac... and am CB... but I get no tech support, because our network says they don't support the mac platform. so I'm on my own.

Fortunately, the mac is pretty much plug-and-play, and I need very little (if any) tech support.

Just make sure you're using Firefox.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6
Search Advice