Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

How To... in California : Real Estate Advice

  • All2K
  • Local Info96
  • Home Buying1K
  • Home Selling181
  • Market Conditions51

Activity 255
Tue Mar 26, 2013
Keith Jean-Pierre answered:
It depends on if you are hiring them for the buying side or selling side.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Mar 21, 2013
Nathan Plount answered:
Mon Dec 1, 2014
jacquie Owens answered:
"A property in in conveyance condition when it has not been damaged by any natural disasters like a flood, fire, hurricane, earth quake, tornado or boiler explosion. There are certain M&M contractors whom may have additional conveyance requirements also like the grass length in season or any potential dangerous debris with on the exterior property.
Generally in the Property Preservation Field conveyance is, property in clean sell able condition. No trash or previous owner possessions left and the house in the condition ready to show ."

If I can be of further help in understanding the ins and outs of real estate, don't hesitate to call, text or email me.

Jacquie O
Prudential CA Realty Palm Springs
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 4, 2013
Alison Hillman answered:
Hi Soy,

Sounds like you have a lot of questions and might want to work with an agent, take a look at the listings available on Trulia:

Hope this helps!
Ali, Community Manager
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jan 21, 2013
John Arendsen answered:
You need to consult with a real estate attorney that specializes in RE rentals. Or do a google search for renters rights in your area.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jan 21, 2013
Ann Ryan answered:
Egad. Please call an eviction specialist tomorrow morning. Yes, pay someone to get her out. Then consider selling your home.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 20, 2013
The Hagley Group answered:
Manuel Escobar at PSS Electronics would be a great place to start. He's a great guy, and a whiz at this stuff. He does a lot of custome work throughout the Bay Area.
Phone: (510) 888 - 9010
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 11, 2013
The Medford Team answered:
To be honest, I’ve never heard of anyone being successful in getting a telephone pole removed. The pole in front of the house appears to be a primary service pole for electrical to the homes at the end of the court, it’s the street lamp AND also looks like it is providing phone and cable service as well. My guess is that it will not be possible to move it.

Contact the city’s building department and ask them if there are any options – here is their website:

Since the home is pending, I’m assuming you are buying the house and want to know what your options are for the pole?
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 22, 2012
Laura Coffey answered:
First you have to decide if you are the type of individual that can be on call 24/7. Getting into real estate is not easy. You are responsible for one of people 's largest purchases.
If you don't answer the phone you can loose a lead. If you want time off you need to make sure deadlines and contract obligations are still met. You need to constantly educate yourself on new laws and the changing market in order to protect your client and keep yourself out of court.
If you are up for it you first need to get your CA. real estate license. Then I would work as a buyers agent or choose a company that will proved you with training.
Good Luck.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 5, 2012
Alison Hillman answered:
Hey Ron,

I'd recommend that you reach out to the Trulia Customer Service team directly:

Please call us at 888-466-3501 Monday - Friday 7am to 4pm PST, or

Ali, Community Manager
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 25, 2012
Kim Boda answered:
The best thing to do is to hire a local Realtor to do a Market Analysis. In these recent times, tax rolls are not an accurate way to find value because of recent roller coaster values.
Comparable "solds" are more accurate and a local professional who understands the area is more apt to be able to provide the information to give you the most accurate, realistic value.
I hope this helps! Thanks! Kim Boda
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 18, 2014
Though there are plenty of firns from individuals to large statewide mgt. cos. working the HOA mgt.
space, how they shop for services varies depending on board members, and who there other advisors are. Many may be surprised at how little most directors know about management. Often
Boards are not trained, or not well trained. As you know, most people resist change, so that makes
it hard for any new vendor/service to get a chance to serve them.

If you haven't already checked out, and, and other sites that serve HOAs, advertising there may help.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 10, 2012
Steven Ornellas answered:
Hi Vincent,

The process of investigation for determining the construction of your tax bill for an individual property, including whether there's any Mello-Roos, is covered below:

"Estimating Property Taxes in CA"

... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jul 12, 2012
Gregorio Denny answered:
"why it is that popular..?"

Probably because people keep posting about it; even on competing sites.

If agents would not suggest relying on it, why are you posting about it and why don't you ask over on Zillow?

Just curious.
... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 1, 2012
Ron Thomas answered:
Different Counties have different ways of doing business:
Some may evaluate the tax rates annually.
Some, only when the property is sold.

Some Counties are efficient and well run; some are in the RED.

Most Counties do not care what the property is worth; they are just trying to survive and pay their bills.
Almost all Assessments are not tied to the Market Value of the houses.

You, simply, got socked with a new assessment.
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 20, 2012
Alison Hillman answered:
Hi there,

The seller of the homes might have some good suggestions.

They can be reached at:

(209) 869-6840
(209) 869-4940 (Fax)

Hope this helps!

Alison, Community Manager ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jun 19, 2012
Don Tepper answered:
That would depend on the insurer. You'd be best off contacting the company that issued the title policy and finding out if it's available online. (My guess is that it's not, but it never hurts to ask.)

Hope that helps.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 5, 2012
Thom Colby answered:
James, please clarify your question.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 25, 2013
Hector Gastelum answered:
Having a Realtor always helps simplify the process

Hector R. Gastelum
Realty Executives Dillon
REALTOR #01382940
efax 619-270-2516 ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 24, 2012
Laura Coffey answered:
The best thing to do would be to call the HOA or your preferred lender.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice