Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Selling in California : Real Estate Advice

  • All2K
  • Local Info95
  • Home Buying1K
  • Home Selling180
  • Market Conditions51

Activity 2,642
Mon Jan 28, 2013
Tina Lam answered:
Old Republic, First American and Chicago are all very solid title insurance companies you can use.
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 11, 2013
Joseph Fleischaker answered:
If you have equity in the house I would be willing to fund all the repairs and get it in great shape so you can get top dollar for it.
0 votes 24 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 6, 2013
SERGEY FEDNOV *** 424-777-9377 answered:
Dear Rick!

Everything is negotiable, however typically seller will pay city and county transfer fees and taxes.

Each city have their own transfer fee for example city of Los Angeles charges: $4.50 per $1,000.00

Los Angeles county transfer Tax is $1.10 per $1,0000

Please call me for more info: 424-777-9377

Help with Any Real Estate Transaction - Buy or Sell  

Call me 424-777-9377 -  FREE CONSULTATION!  

Should you have any questions - please feel free to call me Toll Free: 1-855-TRUST-55 (1-855-878-7855)  ext. 777. 

Sergey Fednov 
President - Realtor® 
- Trust Sale Realty - 
Residential & Commercial Real Estate 
Toll Free: 1-855-TRUST-55 
Toll Free: 1-855-878-7855 
Phone: 424-777-9377 
Fax: 310-356-4925 
- We Hire CA Licensed Real Estate Agents - 
Lic# 01896869 
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 20, 2014
Joe Homs answered:

You should probably check with your CPA, but if you are married each of you can deduct $250,000 in capital gains on the sale of a principal residence. Therefore with you and your spouse you can deduct $500,000 and NOT pay any capital gains.

Joe Homs, Realtor
... more
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 25, 2013
Mike and Robyn Zingg answered:
Yes, it is still required one per floor. They should be located near the bedrooms. The reason is that because of attached garage and vehicles carbon monoxide can still get into your home. This law is for your safety. Hope this helps! ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 25, 2017
Shanna Rogers answered:
Hi David,

You sign the offer and check the box that says subject to counter offer dated xx/xx/xx. Then you complete the counter offer and sign that too. Your Realtor then sends it all to the buyer's agent. Keep in mind, when you do a counter offer, if the buyer does not accept it, the whole contract is 'dead'.

Shanna Rogers
SR Realty
... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 24, 2013
Cindy Davis answered:
The person that isn't their friend. I say this only because in my experience, doing business with friends is a bad idea. In my first yearor two of real estate, i did business with 2 friends who are no longer my friends today. It's just cleaner when you work with someone you don't have a personal connction to! ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 25, 2013
Brian Rochford answered:
Hi - If you are not an agent or appraiser, you should contact one. We do these types of things all the time - i.e. opinion of values. Between the MLS and tax records, we are able to come up with the best estimate of value based on the time of passing. If you have any questions, or need more info, please feel free to contact me.

Best of luck,
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 28, 2013
Shanna Rogers answered:
Hi Frederic,

You have to hire a Realtor and ask them to list in on here. Trulia does not list For Sale By Owner properties.

Shanna Rogers
SR Realty
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 1, 2013
Dick Gaylord answered:
I'd be hapy to talk with you in detail regarding your questions> Richard Gaylord, RE/MAX Real Estate Specialists (562) 618-2113
0 votes 17 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 23, 2013
Scott Godzyk answered:
Richard not sure what your question is. please come back and add some detail
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun May 17, 2015
Team Forss, THE #1 Agent/Team answered:
My short answer: Sell it NOW. The inventory is record low and the mortgage rates are almost record low.
0 votes 20 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 4, 2013
Walter 'Skip' Kersten answered:
The main problem is going to be costs. It will cost you approximately 6-8% to sell your home. Although there has been some price appreciation the last 6 months, it may not be enough to cover your costs.
Good luck,
... more
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Mon May 20, 2013
Tim Moore answered:
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 17, 2013
Anna M Brocco answered:
Consult with an attorney beforehand, he/she can better advise; don't just rely on online information...
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 14, 2013
Guy Gimenez answered:
This is really a question for your CPA, not an agent who knows nothing about your personal financial situation.
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 6, 2013
Judy Naimo answered:
As always, you should check with your tax preparer. The Mortgage Forgiveness Debt Relief Act has been extended for primary residences.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 23, 2014
Michael Cheng answered:
You should consult with a CPA about this. From what I know, you should just take the $500K exemption and run, before the Congress decides to take that away. For the amount over that figure, you can use other capital losses to off-set it, but there's no way to avoid tax, at least not legally. ... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 14, 2013
Mack McCoy answered:
Tue Feb 3, 2015
Michael Cheng answered:
Not unless the seller offered a warranty on the property. In this case, if your home inspector missed it and the seller didn't know about it, then there's not much you can do except call a plumber to fix the problem. Leaks can happen anytime. That's one of the joys of homeownership. ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
... 4 5 6 7 8 ...
Search Advice