Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Bullhead City : Real Estate Advice

  • All144
  • Local Info16
  • Home Buying37
  • Home Selling5
  • Market Conditions10

Activity 22
Sat Apr 27, 2013
Gaylene Wood answered:
Hi Jason, here's a link that I think you will find helpful! We're a great river community on the Colorado River across the river from Laughlin, NV for entertainment. Within minutes of Lake Mohave, 45 minutes from Lake Havasu City, 90 miles from Las Vegas, NV, 4-5 hrs from So Calif & Phoenix Metro area. I've been in the area for 21 yrs, I love the small town community & awesome people that call Bullhead City home.

Please feel free to call me direct for a more personal conversation!

Thank you,
Gaylene Wood
Parkway Place Real Estate
(702) 373-1847 Cell
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 15, 2013
Michael Lueck answered:
There are allot of things to go over with you as a first time home buyer, when you have a chance please feel free to call me and I will be happy to talk to you about it. 928-542-1601
Thank You,
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 15, 2013
Rocky Dole answered:
This is more of a legal question. I would suggest that you consult with a real estate attorney.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 20, 2013
Sheila Booze answered:
HOA'S are $400 per month which include: water, trash, sewer, internet, basic cable, boat docks, boat launch,pool and spa.
taxes are about $1,000 for the year.
Sheila Booze
928 542-6318 ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 26, 2013
BParker, CPA* answered:
Hi Jimmy:

This is really a question for a tax CPA. There are various rules which allow certain amounts of money to be used to buy homes by first-time homebuyers such as yourself, but they have many nuances which realtors and lenders are not going to be able to address. The rules vary based on the source of the funds, etc.

I would either contact your tax CPA; I can get you a referral to one if needed; or, go to and do some research. Again, the rules are so complicated, unless you find something very specific to your situation, I would talk to a CPA.

Best of luck. If works out, would love to help you with the financing aspect of getting you into a new home. Bill.
... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Sun Dec 30, 2012
Robert Troup answered:
Please ask again. I'm not sure I understand your question.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 30, 2012
Michael Lueck answered:
If the buyer is requesting the earnest money back during the inspection period the title company should release the money. If you are well into the transaction and are trying to pull out towards the end of the deal the seller has to authorize the releasing of the funds. If you are pulling out for a reason that is not in the contract the seller doesn't have to return the earnest money. It just depends on the scenario. You should call your agent and they should be able to answer your questions. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 30, 2012
Rocky Dole answered:
Sat Oct 20, 2012
Colleen Poyner answered:
At this time there are no active multiple service listings on Tanglewood; perhaps you saw an 'old' ad. I would be glad to help you find another mobile or site built that meets your needs. Please either email me at or call me at 702 420 4716. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Jun 16, 2012
Dena Comtois answered:
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 20, 2010
Bob Troup answered:
What house are you speaking about? Robert Troup / Emerald River Realty / 928-704-6200
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 11, 2017
Candice Galvane answered:
That's a question best suited for a lender. The rules on loans change by the minute these days. It is free to speak to a lender and get pre-qualified and that is always the place you should start. If you find something you like, you need to be pre-qualified before you can make an offer anyway. If you need the number of an excellent lender, I'm happy to provide that, otherwise, start with a bank you already have a relationship with. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 5, 2013
Anthony R answered:
A short sale lender can ask for whatever they want to minimize their losses...even ask for more then thier bpo's came in at. Continue to fight it and have your agent (if you are working with one) go back to whoever is negotiating with the bank and see what can be done to bring it back down to $110K. Just because they are asking for $150K doesn't mean you can't counter with a lower offer and justify it.

What I don't get is why or how did your loan officer give them your appraisal. How did they have contact with your loan officer? The lender would only comunicate with the seller or an authorized third party.
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 12, 2010
Paul Welden answered:
Hi Wendy,

Looks like you got tangled in the "Short Sale Web." There is really no sense of normalcy in our current local real estate market, especially with the short sales. Yes, Indymac may have incentives to pull out now, especially if your agreed price offer has expired and Indymac can now get more money for the property. You may have to pay a per diem penalty, but that is dependant on what you agreed to in your purchase contract and addendums.

Nobody here knows what you agreed to in your purchase contract and addendums. So, ........

Why are you buying a short sale when so many of them fail to sell, take FOREVER to get any responses and caused you to pass up on possibly thousands of other ideal homes? (maybe a rhetorical question)

Exclusive Buyer's Agent
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 27, 2010
Emelia Sanchez answered:
Wendy your question is slightly confusing. Is Indymac your lender? Or are they the lending institute of the seller? You have already signed loan docs this would mean the appraisal condition regarding the fence has been taken care of or will be prior to funding. This normally means you have been approved for a new loan and they are just waiting for the money from your lender. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 27, 2010
Candice A Donofrio answered:
It all depends on the terms of the contract you signed.
If you've executed an AAR Residential Purchase Contract, look at Section 3F which is the escrow company's instructions in the event of a dispute over the earnest deposit. Talk to the escrow company's branch manager, who is authorized in their sole discretion to make the call when earnest money is disputed. Find out their opinion on the situation. Then you'll have a better idea how to proceed--and if you need a RE attorney. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 10, 2010
... answered:
Sorry, but no. Escrow has to remain part of your mortgage payment with any government loan. It reduces the risk of any lien for nonpayment of taxes.

You're generally out just a few months of tax and insurance payments, so it's not usually a huge amount of money. The funds remaining in your escrow account are refunded to you when you pay off the mortgage or refinance.

If you don't wish to escrow seek a conventional (non-government) mortgage - i can help with FHA, VA, USDA or conventional.

Tom Stevens
Eagle Nationwide Mortage - financing in 50 states
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Mar 12, 2010
Dianne Hicks answered:
You should be able to write a letter to the agent specifing that you are terminating the agreement due to his inability to perform his job to your satisfaction. State that you want it signed by a specific date or you will request the release from the agent's broker.

Good Luck!!!
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Tue May 4, 2010
Sandi Bunyard answered:
Your original sale agreement would have a deadline for closing and each extension would have listed another deadline. The Seller does not need to continue to wait beyond these agreed upon deadlines if there is a problem getting the loan processed. At some point he no doubt feels that he has to move on to another Buyer who is able to get the loan processed. You should investigate the reason for the delay in the processing. If it is not a solid Lender, you may want to start working fresh with a brand new Lender who comes well recommended! If the Lender is merely waiting for documents that are required for the loan, you need to find out what is missing and put some real pressure on the whoever is responsible for sending the needed paperwork in. In today's world everything has to be perfect before loans can fund.

Depending upon the way your contract is worded, you might be able to have your EM refunded, but with all the delays, the Seller may be able to keep it in return for the time that his property has not been marketed agressively since he thought the property was sold to you. In this case 'nonrefundable' may mean 'nonrefundable'. Tough breaks either way. All the best to you! I hope you are successful in purchasing a home, even if you wait for another one.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 10, 2009
Candice A Donofrio answered:
The question may actually be: Is it a good investment for you? :)

Sunridge is a popular choice among homebuyers because:

1. No HOA dues.
2. City sewer (most properties)
3. Proximity to Lake Mohave
4. Proximity to Laughlin
5. Proximity to Kingman/Golden Valley/I-40

One thing's for certain: the prices are awesome now in most of BHC.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice
Home Buying in Bullhead City Zip Codes