Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Buffalo : Real Estate Advice

  • All549
  • Local Info45
  • Home Buying249
  • Home Selling31
  • Market Conditions11

Activity 402
Thu Nov 22, 2012
Joe Sorrentino answered:
Help can only come from your attorney. You will get many other agents here on this forumoffering you advise, especially those from out of the area who do not have the expertise and knowledge of NYS Real Property Law.

Short Sale properties are not for everybody and do require a great degree of risk for the buyer.Talk to the agent you had submit the offer AND, your attorney who reviewed the contract.

If it was me, I would walk before you spend another dime because, you may lose thousands and still not get the house!

Just my opinion.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 13, 2014
Robert Lisa Measer answered:
The best thing to do is to find a Realtor that can help you along the way. Read my blog about first time home buyers. Then give me a call! 716-912-2915 ... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 26, 2012
Jacques Ambron answered:
You can negotiate a closing date far enough in the future to allow yourself time to find and close on a prospective property. A good agent should be able to facilitate this.
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 28, 2012
Sal answered:
I may be able to help you out. Our listings for June are usually available a few months in advance.
Sal Zambito
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu May 2, 2013
Anna M Brocco answered:
Contact a few local agents from different realty offices and ask for a cma, comparative market analysis; review the data, ask opinions and go from there...
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 4, 2012
Debbie Bond answered:
The best advice is to talk to a bank about your options, then they will pull your score for you. Though, you could go to to pull your own, but a lender would be able to tell you more about what your score would mean in terms of lending options. If you have other concerns, or need a mortgage person's contact information, please contact me at or 315-243-7504. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 27, 2012
Michelle S. Bullock answered:
The Erie County Clerk's office is open Monday through Friday (except court holidays) for real estate closings.
Michelle S. Bullock, Esq.
real estate attorney
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Sep 24, 2012
Tim Moore answered:
What you are asking for is called a delayed settlement date. This is where you place an offer but rather than closing ASAP you ask for a closing in the future sometime. You can do this, it is up to the seller if they will allow it or not. You take away some of your bargaining power when you do this since you will make the seller nervous as they will wait to close and something could happen - this is how the seller will view it. Don't plan on making a low offer and also asking for a 90-120 day closing, the seller will not be happy with that and probably will reject it. I can tell you closing and having a month in the rental left is a nice thing and worth the money because you have a whole month to move out and in the new house and you have time to paint and do anything else before you move it. Closing and having to move that weekend is a nightmare. The only down side is if rates change and go up while waiting to close, but that seems unlikely these days. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 21, 2015
Anna M Brocco answered:
For school information see links....
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 13, 2012
Nick Raczyk answered:
Hello, and thank you for your inquiry. I would be glad to discuss with you your real estate needs. Please feel free to contact me on my mobile (432-8502) at your earliest convenience. I look forward to your response, and discussing how I can best be of service to you.

Best regards,

Nick Raczyk
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson

Gurney Becker & Bourne
560 Delaware Avenue, Suite 200
Buffalo, NY 14202

716.432.8502 (mobile)
716.849-1234 (office)
716.849.0407 (fax)
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Sep 14, 2012
Nick Raczyk answered:
There are many out-of-town investors who invest in Buffalo for a wide range of reasons, but primarily because of investment affordability resulting in positive cash flow. Of course like any region, there a variety of areas within Buffalo to invest depending on your investment objectives. For example, there are several colleges in the region that investors rent properties to students. But there also are upper-end and lower-end areas to invest as well (of course, you get what you pay for!). Recently, multi-unit properties have been in high demand - often competing among multiple offers. As for being canadian, I would suggest being able to purchase with cash. Financing for non-US citizens has become quite difficult. Property mangement would be a good idea as well. Attempting to manage properties, even one, from a remote location can be difficult - it's a long way down the QEW to meet a contractor to fix a leaking pipe! Hope this helps. Nick ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 10, 2012
Joe Sorrentino answered:
Is it in the ML system? There are a lot of "For Sale By Owner" companies that are licensed by the State of New York as a Real Estate Broker but do not put the listing in the Multiple Listing System or, put it an as a commission to a cooperating broker for $1. If the seller does not want to pay a commission, the broker is not violating any law as long as it is legal and the seller has informed concent. If the house is listed in the multiple listing system and when you call on it you do not deal with the owner directly but a licensed agent or broker, they need to provide you with an agency disclosure in writing informing you that they are representing the seller exclusively and you are entitled to full representation by an agent/broker of the buyer. If there was contact by phone, in person and money was discussed, that agent may have violated State law.

If you feel that your rights to full disclosure were violated or, you are being misled contact the NYS Department of State: They could send an investigator. You may also have yourself or someone else call, say you want to see the property or want to make an offer and see how they handle it.

Your agent's broker may also file a complaint with the local Real Estate Board if they feel an Ethics rule was violated. This in not about commission though, it is about representation.

Good luck my friend.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 10, 2012
Shanna Rogers answered:
Hi kandyo1,

The person not on the mortgage can be on the Title to the property. If it can't be done at the time of closing, the person can be added after close. Just make sure the new Title is recorded or it's not legally binding.

Shanna Rogers
SR Realty
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 15, 2012
Rich Homer answered:
Unless this was written into the written Purchase Agreement, you do not.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 14, 2012
Joe Sorrentino answered:
I answered the question you asked back in February;

No. You must deal with your landlord or rental agent. Some landlords just prefer to do it on a verbal agreement, others have a written form. Whomever you pay the rent to is the one you should ask. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Mar 30, 2013
Craig Wheeler answered:
It would depend on whether or not your home would have to be sold on contingency. Meaning you would need to sell you home to finance the purchase of another. If you don't owe much on the current mortgage then it tends to make it much easier. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 11, 2012
Bondgirl.007 answered:
Cheektowaga is about 6 - 10 miles outside of Buffalo. But if you are interested in complete demographics you can check out the 2012 census data.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 13, 2012
Anna M Brocco answered:
When it comes to any safety/crime related issues, it's always best to contact the local police department with all your questions, hear all there is to hear firsthand. If unfamiliar with the area(s) do revisit more than once and at different times of day, possibly chat with locals/neighbors. Real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase/rent, or not, in specific neighborhoods.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed May 28, 2014
Anna M Brocco answered:
If you haven't done so, visit with any licensed loan officer--he/she can best advise as to your options.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 4, 2013
Anna M Brocco answered:
Not sure what method of contact was used, however if you haven't done so yet, why not simply call any local realty can also locate some area agents, under the find a pro tab... ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice