Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

General Area in Bucks County : Real Estate Advice

  • All67
  • Local Info5
  • Home Buying32
  • Home Selling14
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 22
Thu Jan 10, 2013
Brian Luce answered:
Hey Frank, Hope all is well.

Already live here.

Among the things you mention, I love hopping into one of my classic cars and driving around town or through the surrounding areas in Bucks County on a nice day. Can't beat it!

Brian Luce - ABR, SRS
Weidel Realtors - Doylestown
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 20, 2012
Linda Nunn answered:
In general Doylestown fares well in heavy rains, as well as most neighborhoods. There are always the exceptions in properties that are low and close to creek/ streams. FEMA has information on properties in the area that are subject to fllood insurance.

If there properties that you are interested in, or would like to know availability, please feel free to comtact me.

Thanks, Linda
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 22, 2012
Brian Luce answered:
The majority of Solebury is Well Water (and septic systems) so there are no bills for water / sewer. (other than routine maintenance that is) (I'm a resident of Solebury).

Are you referring to one of the newer developments where there is usually a large "shared" well. In those (few) areas you DO have a monthly bill for water usuage (and sewage disposal) and those fees (last I checked) did seem a little higher than some surrounding areas that have "true" Public Water and Sewer Service.

If you are looking in the area, I'd be glad to help answer any questions you may have regarding that.

Brian Luce - ABR SRS
Weidel Realtors
215-348-5600x 163
609-225-4630 Cell
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jan 7, 2013
Marsha Straka answered:
You could apply for section 8 housing with the Bucks Co. Housing Authority. They may be able to help you with your monthly payment or direct you to someone who can help. Also you can google landlord/tenant rights to see what the law is. Many landlords have no choice but to evict because they usually have a mortgage on the house and need your rent to pay for that or they will go into forclosure and loose the house and ruin their credit Good luck..I hope this helps. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Sep 3, 2015
Walter 'Skip' Kersten answered:
I am not sure about your state but in Ca. the raising of property taxes year over year is regulated. So if the one property was purchased at a lower price many years ago and the second one was purchased at a higher price more recently the property taxes could be quite different.
Good luck,
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 3, 2015
Christopher Lefebvre answered:
I'm not sure, but I don't think that scientists have proven or not proven a link between power lines and health risks. Because of the uncertainty some people prefer not to live near power lines.

Here are some articles for you to check out. I think it is a matter of your comfort level. Another thing to consider is that enough people prefer not to live near power lines and that could make a property in close proximity to power lines less desirable in the marketplace when compared to a similar home not in proximity to power lines.

The first link describes the difference between high voltage transmission lines and lower voltage distribution lines.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 7, 2012
Kim Rock answered:
Yes, of course! We can definitely sell your home, and then at the same time find you a rental.. You could then go to settlement for your home, and take those proceeds to pay for the security deposit of that rental. Not a problem at all.

If you want to search for rentals on my website, you can, or I could set up a search for you if you are interested.

I'm local in Langhorne and would be happy to come by and discuss the sale of your property with you. Give me a call or email me!
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 23, 2012
Sheila Wilson answered:
There are alot of great areas in Philadelphia that are very safe. Give me a call and we can review what type of apartment you are looking for. I can be reached at 267-970-5578.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 14, 2011
Kim Rock answered:
Arborlea = A bit older more established neighborhood in Lower Makefield Twp.
Penns Grant = A little newer homes than Arborlea, tends to have younger families, located in Falls Twp.

Both go to the Pennsbury School District, even though they are in different townships.

Here is a list of homes currently for sale in both communities so you can take a look. You can also search the live MLS at my website to view more properties.

Please let me know if you would like to discuss making an appointment to view any of these homes, I would be happy to help! I sold a home in Penns Grant last year to another young family with 2 newborn twin babies and they are very happy.

-Kim Rock
Keller Williams Langhorne PA
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 20, 2011
Jon Christopher answered:
Hi Erin

Call me at the number below or email me. I was a real estate investor for 7 years and my specialty was foreclosures and distressed sales. I am now a licensed agent and I am eager to work with you.

Jon Christopher
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 7, 2012
Brian Luce answered:
Were you "in the middle of a transaction" or were you just looking for the rules and regs for general info?

If you are involved in a transaction, the listing agent / seller should provide you with a copy of the Docs / financial info and other information for your review before closing. Rules and Regs can change and are often updated so you'll want a recent copy. I know I keep a set whenever I do a transaction just in case I should get questions at a later date. The mamagement company will usually charge anywhere from $200 to $300 or so depending on development etc.

If I can be of any help, please feel free to contact me. I'm always happy to provide info whenever I can.

Brian Luce
Weidel Realtors - Doylestown
215-348-5600 x 122
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jul 20, 2010
Dan Rich answered:

Shoot me an email and I can get you a copy of recent docs. The association will charge for the full package.

Dan Rich
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 19, 2010
Frank Dolski answered:

Here's the best answer, ask the township. I have had the same question in other areas and the quickest way is to call. I'd be interested to find out if their is something online as well.

Frank Dolski MBA, ABR, e-PRO
Associate Broker
Coldwell Banker Hearthside Realtors
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 31, 2014
Sean Dawes answered:
Here is an example 4bd 1/1 bath home

1900 sq feet on .21 acres...taxes are $3,388

hope it helps ya

Sean Dawes
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 4, 2010
. answered:
budget 550 monthly
Advantage Real Estate Associates
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 28, 2009
Frank Dolski asked:
What are the most critical attributes that you as buyers, sellers and investors look for in a Realtor? I thoroughly enjoy answering the many questions that are posted on Trulia and oth...
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 28, 2010
Tina Walsh answered:
For an accurate answer, please send approximate price point, and basic features.

Tina Walsh
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Aug 3, 2008
Chris & Stephanie Somers answered:
Which map are you referring to ?

You can search for it on our website below or try google maps.

Are you interested in a property on that street or selling a property perhaps ?
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 16, 2009
Donald Bradbury answered:
This is an area where the PA turnpike runs East to West between Bristol and the King of Prussia Area. A midpoint area would be the Ft Washington and Willow Grove areas, and the surrounding areas. If you are looking for a home, please feel free to contact me. Don Bradbury 215-536-6777 I look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 11, 2010
Ian A. Wolf answered:
Best bet is to mail to people in preforeclosure. If you go to the sheriff office link below you can get the list. That is where you'll find your best deals. Otherwise good deals do come up pn the MLS, but it depends on your price range. I can offer you more guidance as someone you has done some rehabs in the morrisville and yardley area. I also know some great agents down there that are easy to work with. Let me know if I can help you further. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice