Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in Broward County : Real Estate Advice

  • All148
  • Local Info8
  • Home Buying89
  • Home Selling3
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 237
Tue Feb 19, 2013
Cenia Beltre answered:
Unfortunately..not, Emil. Tax Assesment will conduct their own CMA (Comparative Market Analisis) to
establish market value of the property, regardless the sold price. In average, you can see 15 to 25% reduction in your property taxes.
Please do not hesitate to contact me with real estate concerns...I am in New Jersey, the state with the
highest property taxes in the country!

Cenia Beltre
Century 21 Sylvia Geist
East Brunswick, New Jersey
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 25, 2014
Alma Kee answered:
Yes, you can hire a title company to do a search for you. Also you can learn how to do the search yourself at the courthouse.

There are some title company that may offer an abbreviated, quick title search.

Do not buy at the courthouse unless there are other "sophisticated" and well informed investors bidding on the same property as you. Attend the auctions for a few weeks to see who are the experts and who are the rookies!
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 10, 2012
Anna M Brocco answered:
You may wish to contact any local realty office(s) and inquire about agents with knowledge of the Russian language, then go from there--if looking at a RealtyTrac ad, do keep in mind that RealtyTrac's information may not always be accurate and oftentimes misleading--you could be looking at a lis pendens property--notice of default--some of those properties may not be for sale yet, and some may never be, if the default is satisfied by the owner--for accurate foreclosure information do work with an agent. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 12, 2010
Scott Miller answered:
Hi Luisa. It's a great idea, of course. The question is, how long are you willing to hold the properties for until you sell? If you buy them now and rent them for income, and they cover your mortgage and HOA expenses, you can wait until the market turns to sell them.

You do not need to create a company to employ a real estate agent, nor do you need an advocate/attorney to invest. You only need the attorney when making offers, to review contracts, and for closings.

It's much easier than you think. Feel free to contact me if you have any more questions about where to invest in Hallandale Beach, Aventura, or Sunny Isles.

Scott Miller, Realty Associates, Boca Raton, FL
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 21, 2012
Scott Godzyk answered:
Anytime is a good time if you can follow through with a good busines plan, get somen work, do a great job and earn repeat business. please see my blog on tips and advice on how to start anbd be successful in this business. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 4, 2014
James Gordon ABR SFR SRS answered:
Search at the county recorders office and see what they require. Most recorders in my area will not show the document online you have to go to the office to search it but I can get the book and page online and if there is a lien if a release of that lien has been recorded. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 6, 2010
Scott Miller answered:
Hi G. Crazy. This is not your only choice. You also have the choice of short-selling your property. I do this for homeowners all the time. I've never met a person that did a bona-fide modification. Short selling your home will allow you to avoid foreclosure. You'll have to go back to renting, but the alternative is foreclosure, which nobody wants!

The BigBadBanks have taken over our economy and the most important sector, real estate. If you need help deciding which way to go, feel free to call me today or anytime this coming week.


Scott Miller
Realty Associates
Boca Raton, FL
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Fri Sep 6, 2013
Scott Godzyk answered:
In the world of foreclsoures, janitorial is the cleaning of the interior of the house. It can consist of a one time service, weekly or biweekly service of wiping down teh surface, washing the floors, vaccumming cleaning teh sinks and tub or shower enclosures. it should also include sweeping away teh cobwebs. I hope this helps. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 17, 2011
Sharon Molnar answered:
Look in the phone book for the Bar Associations phone number. Call them and ask for a Pro Bono Attorney for whatever field you are needing. If they are a member of the Bar, they are required to give out so many Pro Bono hours. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Aug 14, 2010
Alma Kee answered:
Dear Miro,

Sorry to hear your house will be foreclosed on.

Just curious, did you try to sell with a short sale or offer the lender a Deed in Lieu of foreclosure?

The $190k is probably the total amount you owe including attorney fees and legal fees.Once the lender sells your house for about $80k to $90k (or whatever the current market value is), they will very likely get a judgement against you for their $100k loss and then attach your wages and seize any other property to collect their debt. Sorry to have to break the bad news.

Good luck,

... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Aug 8, 2010
Denise March answered:
Short answer is "yes". Being under water does not qualify you for a Short-Sale. If you have a hardship..lost job, divorce, medical bills, may qualify. However; if you just purchase another home because it is cheap, and walk away from your current home, the bank most likely will come after you for the deficiency...and they have 5 years to do it...check with an attorney for your particular state. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 14, 2010
Beth Jenkins answered:
These are great buildings! I would have to do a little research on the exact price per sq. ft. for the maintenance fees, but I can immedialty tell you the maintenance fees on the the units that are on the market and send them to you now.
The Diplomat and Ocean Palms have private elevators to the units which make them a bit more exclusive than the Beach Club. The prices do reflect that.
I believe the delinquincly rates have stablaized in all of these buildings in the past year as many of the foreclosures have sold off. Upon an offer being accepted, the buildng must release the financials to the potential buyer and you would have a chance to review all of the information. That is why there is a 3 day recission period for condominiums in Florida.
Below is a link to units for sale in each of the 3 buildings: The maintenance fees are on the bottom of each listing.

I would be glad to answer any questions regarding any of the buildings or the area, I am very familiar with each of them.

Feel free to contact me directly.

Beth Jenkins
South Florida Brokers
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 25, 2010
Anna M Brocco answered:
Since no link is visible and no address given, you may wish to ask your question again so that it can be answered accordingly--in the meantime, any local agent can help you--contact any realty office(s) and inquire. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 21, 2010
Maggie Hawk answered:
Were you renting the home? Perhaps it was a case of eminent domain, where a public entity (the state or your local government) needed the land to widen a road, or for some other public use. Good luck.

Warm regards,
Maggie Hawk, REALTOR
(386) 314-1149
Watson Realty Corp.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue May 17, 2011
Mott Marvin Kornicki answered:
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 16, 2010
Wendy Smith answered:
it depends on your position, if you are the trash-out contractor, then No. Typically autos are bid separately and approved by the asset manager. if you are a buyer, then your contract should include removal of the vehicle. Hope this helps. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Jun 12, 2010
Elizabeth Herbert answered:
Have you tried speaking to your lender? perhaps they could work with you on lowering your payments temporarily until you get back on your feet. Good luck!
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 3, 2010
Mark LeMenager answered:
Sorry, but there is no way to answer this question. The data on payments is private.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Oct 15, 2012
Dave Griswold/ Lisa Payne-Griswold answered:
Check with all the sources available to you including free legal advice we know of plenty of people where the banks tried to tell them to leave, most left some stayed and those that stayed the bank had a hard time getting them out.

We should tell you that this is in N.J but do your homework on your state. If a full foreclosure takes place be prepared to leave within 60 to 90 days again depending on your state.

Seek out a lawyer if you can they will give you the best up to the minute advice. Make sure it's one who is well skilled in foreclosures.

We have found alot of resources available to those in foreclosure use all your options..

In the mean time start looking for a place where you can go to when you do have to leave.
All the Very Best to you and yours

Dave & Lisa
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed May 5, 2010
Isa asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice