Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in Bronx : Real Estate Advice

  • All1K
  • Local Info127
  • Home Buying402
  • Home Selling41
  • Market Conditions10

Activity 30
Sun Feb 17, 2013
David Rodriguez answered:
Hi Askar,

Every attorney charges different fees. Those fees can range from $950-$1300. The main thing to remember is that you want an attorney who knows what they are doing and are not so busy that you can never reach them. Communication is key! If you like, I can recommend two attorneys that I know for a fact are great.

David Rodriguez
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 6, 2012
Trulia answered:
Hi Househunter,

I would recommend reaching out to the agent on the listing:

Please let me know if I can help with anything else?

Ali, Community Manager
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Feb 18, 2012
Marie Souza Team answered:
Mon Jan 30, 2012
Lynn101 asked:
Fri Jan 28, 2011
Bruce McIntyre answered:
That all depends. Is it a duplex? Many different factors go into pricing your home. I hate to say it but with all of the updates. And beauty, the going prices or better yet the prices that similar homes in the area sold for play a major part in factoring the price value of your home.
I am researching it for you now as we speak. But I have seen them go for 200k to almost 400k. I would have to actually see the home to compare it.
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 3, 2010
Anna M Brocco answered:
Keep in mind that any local agent can help with the foreclosure of interest or any others, it does not necessarily need to be the listing agent, as we all have access to the same information--contact any realty office and inquire. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 23, 2010
Kevin Olson, Jessica Laude answered:

We would need more information such as a specific address and what constitutes "a lot of work". Thank you
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 11, 2010
Dan Chase answered:
I assume you mean Americans with Disabilities Act. That was an act congress put in place trying to make it easier on people with disabilities. Sadly, they forgot that not everyone with a disability is in a wheelchair. In fact wheelchair access can make it a lot tougher on someone with a different disability.

ADA accessibility means that legally the property is open to wheelchair use. The property can be accessed according to what the law requires. Most likely you found it on a business for sale.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 28, 2014
Don Tepper answered:
You wouldn't speak to a Trulia rep. Trulia doesn't sell properties.

Try clicking "Find a Pro" at the top of the page to find a Realtor near where you are.

Hope that helps. ... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 9, 2010
Robin Silverberg answered:
It may be illegal, but you would have to consult a lawyer about that. There have been a number of real estate companies, mortgage companies, etc., in the NY area lately that have been investigated and arrested for being involved in this type of fraud. It would have been fraud had they illegally flipped the property, but I am not exactly sure what they were really doing here. They may have been trying to sell it to you as a pre-foreclosure. The other thing they may have tried to do was to put money down on the property at auction, and flip it to you while serving as a contract vendee. There are some credit unions and a few local savings bank who would still entertain this, but something doesn't seem right about what they did. You may want to contact anyone from the State licensing office who licenses realtors, to the NYC Dept of Consumer Affairs. I am sure that Andrew Cuomo would have a field day with this one too, although it might be too small for him. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Aug 8, 2010
Robbie Vaughn answered:
That's a good question for the NYS Dept. of State:

Good luck!
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 12, 2010
Elliot Roberts answered:
Very easy, there are any number of sites where this can be retrieved, however most of them require a signup and fee. You can send me a list of the areas in the Bronx where you need these statistics and I will be glad to help.

M. Elliot Roberts
Investments, Foreclosures & Short Sales
... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 20, 2009
First Last answered:
Since this is the Bronx, odds are the land once had a building on it. If so, it should have an address. Vacant (undeveloped) land in upstate New York, say, often does not have an address yet.

Honestly, I would just walk into the nearest real estate office to that lot and ask them. I'll bet they know all about it, colorful history and all.

If that doesn't work, then you need to deduce the possible address from surrounding buildings and begin searching. I pay a (rather hefty) fee to Property Shark so I can do these kinds of reverse searches. NYC maintains a database called ACRIS that can be used if the shark doesn't deliver.

Karla Harby
Vice President,
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
CharlesRutenberg Realty
127 East 56th Street, 4th Floor
New York, NY 10022
(212) 688-1000 ext. 383
(917) 365-0876 cell and text messages
(212) 688-1919 fax
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jun 24, 2010
Keith Sorem answered:
You have a couple of options:
1. The agent should be licensed by the Dept. of Real Estate.

2. Not all agents are Realtors, or members of the National Association of Realtors. Realtors are required to adhere to the Code of Ethics (see

Depending upon how this agent is affiliated, you can file a complaint with the state dept. of licensing, file a grievance if they are a Realtor, of perhaps sue them in court.

Good luck.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 12, 2009
Lynn answered:
Yes there are and if you would like for me to refer you to someone in this area please let me know.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 8, 2009
Janine Bowen answered:
When the bank prices a property they usually do more than one broker price opinion as well as an actual appraisal. If any of these are way out of line they ask for a review. Both the broker price opinion and the appraisal take the condition into consideration if done correctly. This might be outweighed by the location if, for instance, it is waterfront in Hawaii. The repairs calculated by the broker or appraiser are estimated, and the actual costs could be more or less, so you need to have a qualified person estimate the cost to perform any repairs that are needed. Have your own agent do a CMA for you which shows similar properties (size, location, condition, style, etc.) in the same market area as the subject, as well as what adjustments were made for differences from the foreclosed property. Your agent should be able to explain how they arrived at the adjustments more thoroughly than I have room for here. The CMA/BPO should have a value "as-is" as well as an "as-repaired" value. Deduct your repair/renovation costs from the "as-repaired" vallue allowing for a realistic time frame if you are looking to resell the property, and remembering to pay yourself and to include the monthly cost to carry the property. This final amount minus the purchase price will determine your potential profit and give you a better idea of what to offer. The banks will usually not entertain offers too far below the list price, although this varies based upon a number of factors. They have to be able to justify why they are accepting the offer which they are accepting and if there are no sales or listings which justify the reduction they will usually allow more time, lowering the price in increments until they feel they are in a price range in which the property will sell. Hope this helps. If you'd like more info please e-mail me at ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Aug 28, 2009
Eddie Edwards answered:
If you do not have and expertise nor knowledge about rehabbing of real estate I would stronglyy advise that you get a licensed contractor to give you an estimate of cost to reapair. From this estimate you would be able to adjust your offer based on other factors like comparable sales. The important thing here is the as is value and the after repair value.

I am Eddie Edwards, a licensed real estate broker in the bronx I have a wealth of knowledge on rehabbing of houses and reselling of houses. Give me a call for more information 914 610 00631. Would be available to mentor you on this project.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Aug 28, 2009
HVHOMES answered:
Tue Sep 1, 2015
Greg Kochanov answered:
Hello Donna,

I am a real estate broker with Moda Realty in Riverdale.

We have a few beautiful apartments in Riverdale for around $300K with direct Hudson River views.

Please feel free to email me directly at and I can then email you some listings.


TEL/SMS: 718-986-6431
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Feb 28, 2009
Mimi asked:
1 2
Search Advice