Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in Brockton : Real Estate Advice

  • All184
  • Local Info10
  • Home Buying52
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions7

Activity 9
Thu Jun 23, 2011
Andrew Adams answered:
I would be suprised if a property in Brockton would qualify for a USDA loan.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 3, 2010
Shane Cormier answered:
Good Day Carlos,

The simplest answer for this is an absolute YES! That is precisely the reason why many are encouraging people to go with a short sale instead of allowing one's property to go into foreclosure. With a short sale the deficiency would be forgiven and perhaps they may even pay you a small sum of a few thousand dollars to leave the property.

If you require any further clarification on this I have some documentation I can send you that points out the pros/cons of each.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Shane Cormier, Realtor
Century 21 Tassinari

... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 1, 2011
Emelia Sanchez answered:
Your modification was not denied you just don't like the results. You have heard incorrectly they do not have to give you the "MHA" you have to qualify for it. Chase ran your numbers and based on your income and debt determined you didn't qualify for it but you qualify for their internal modification showing they are willing to work with you. It is your choice to take what they are offering. Do not waste your money on a loan modification company to tell you that you qualify for MHA just because that is what you want to hear they just want your money. You can usually re-apply if your financial situation changes. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 13, 2010
Heidi Zizza answered:
So sorry how unfair!!! Call an Attorney for the best posssible advice or stop paying and try a short sale.
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 17, 2012
Sean Dawes answered:
Try posting some free ads on craigslist? But make sure you follow the rules and do not spam the website. I guess the best area for you to post would be real estate services.

Sean ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 16, 2009
Sean Dawes answered:
As is meaning in its current condition without any repairs. Did you do a home inspection on the property? There can be bad problems which are not always seen with the untrained eye.

Sean Dawes
Long and Foster Real Estate
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 7, 2009
Greer Swiston answered:
Diamond, for starters, to get the answer on whether your name is on the deed or not, you can contact the Plymouth County Registry of Deeds or perhaps look online yourself at

The online interface for the Plymouth County Registry of Deeds is not particularly friendly, but if you know approximately the date that the property was bought and the full name of your kids' father (as the grantee) you should be able to find the deed online and see if your name is on it too.

I don't know how close you are to foreclosure. When did payments start getting missed? When was the first notice received? You can look at for some help in this area as well as housing assistance for you and your children. Get some people on your case as soon as possible!!

Best of luck.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 11, 2008
blaison samuel answered:
Check with your realtor whether the seller needs rent back or not. Usually, you get the keys when the escrow closes.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 7, 2008
Irena answered:
Search Advice
Foreclosure in Brockton Zip Codes