Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Bremerton : Real Estate Advice

  • All49
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying15
  • Home Selling3
  • Market Conditions2

Activity 22
Sat May 4, 2013
Brett Palmer answered:
What kind of house are you looking for... and what is your price range?
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 19, 2013
Dan Tabit answered:
Previous inspections are not generally made available to subsequent buyers. You could ask your agent to send you the Seller's Disclosure. Any new information should be added to the report.
Regardless of whether you get a copy of the inspection, don't rely on that. I would insist on you getting your own independent inspection, preferably from an inspector I know and recommend.
Find a great local broker to arrange a tour and to gather all the information you need.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 29, 2013
Alain Picard answered:
The only way to really find out about the plumbing and electrical issues is to have a home inspection done. This home is also a short sale so be ready for that. And as far as resale, it's hard to say for sure but the last time it sold in 2005 it sold for $243,300. If you have any other questions about this home or any other feel free to give me a call.

Cell: 253-861-7386
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Sat Dec 29, 2012
Suzanne MacDowell answered:
There area always financing options if you meet the required criteria. Are you looking to purchase rental properties? In any case the best thing you can do is talk to a good local mortgage banker and find out exactly what the requirements are. I would stick to a smaller, local firm rather than a big bank. You may need a larger down payment or better debt to income ratios but it can certainly be done. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 28, 2012
Rich Jacobson answered:

Are you buying the property through a local Buyer's Agent? If so, they should be able to help you understand the brokerage fees...
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat May 12, 2012
Rich Jacobson answered:
Dear 1st Time Home Buyer:

It shouldn't be a difficulty for your Loan Officer to generate another Approval Letter. I would also check with your Builder and see if it's a concern for them. My sense is that it shouldn't cause any issues with your process, as long as there haven't been any major changes to your credit situation. But check with your Loan Officer and have him extend or issue a new approval letter.

Hope that is helpful!....
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 20, 2011
Robert DeRupo answered:
If the area is inside a conditioned area...heating/cooling, the square footage is typically considered living space.
Outside of that unfinished area in the basement is not typically considered living area. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Mon May 7, 2012
Tonya Brobeck answered:
Yes, SDA there are. Which location are you looking Everett? I know of 2 parks without age restrictions off the top of my head. Feel free to contact me if you need assistance.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu May 27, 2010
Penny Jones answered:
Hi Corey,

Bremerton would always be my first suggestion. If you are close to the ferry you can walk on and then bus to work in Seattle. Bremerton prices are much more reasonable than in Bainbridge. If you lived in Gig Harbor/South Kitsap area your wife will spend that much time during busy commute times driving to Seattle and you will have a 1/2 hour to work.

South Kitsap pricing is also excellent for a first time homebuyer. Gig Harbor would be more expensive. There are carpools out of South Kitsap for you to get to work at the shipyard if you do not want to drive.

If I had to choose between driving to downtown Seattle and riding the ferry, I would take the ferry any day.

Let me know If I can be of any further help.

Penny Jones
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue May 18, 2010
Lb answered:
If you're looking to purchase a manufactured home they come with their own land or on a rented space in a mobile home park. A manufactured home on land is considered 'real property' or taxed as real estate. This type is where you can buy using FHA 3.5% down payment financing. Prices and interest rates are low so a great time to buy. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 18, 2012
Anna M Brocco answered:
All commissions are always negotiable between you and your agent--there are no set standard fees.
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Mon May 3, 2010
Jean Bradford answered:
Hi, Candice,

Sorry you have this problem, which is especially hard from across the country. You first need to know if the market has picked up enough that you might be able to sell, normally. We have seen improvement in the market over the last few months, here in Bremerton and Silverdale, as well as the rest of the county.. If not, I can guide you to getting it sold as a "Short Sale". Please contact me directly, and I'll be glad to help, and you can reach me at 1-800-482-4398.

Thank you,
Jean Bradford
Associate Broker, ABR,CRS, GRI, CRB
John L. Scott RE
Silverdale, WA
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 17, 2009
Jami Robson answered:
Hi Stephanie,
I can't find this address listed in our multiple listing service. Give me some more info and I will try and find out what you want to know!

Jami Robson
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Feb 23, 2017
Terry Burns answered:
People can still sell, there is no problem with that. But the buyers will need to pay cash for the condo or the seller will have to carry the note. Most sellers do not want to be note holders and most buyers do not have all cash for a purchase. Consequently, there are much fewer buyers for these condos. Making is a terrible market for sellers. Call me at 360-649-3335 if you want to discuss further.


Terry Burns
Windermere Real Estate
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue May 19, 2009
Rich Jacobson answered:
Hi Dolores!

Depending on exactly where you end up in Bremerton (West or East), you will probably end up paying approx. $1000 to $1200 per month. A couple of resources you can check are:

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Rich Jacobson
Windermere Silverdale
... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 2, 2009
Mary Sunde answered:
Unless you have a first right of refusal on the property you wouldn't have any special ability to buy this house back over other buyers. The listing says it is a short sale meaning more is owed on the property than the asking price. If you don't feel comfortable in contacting your "x" to say you are interested you can contact the bank directly and see if you can purchase the property or you can contact the listing agent(s) and tell them you want to make an offer on the property OR you can contact a buyer's agent to make an offer on the property. If I can be of help please don't hesitate to call me 206-227-1915 or e-mail me, I'm sure the bank would be thrilled to have you purchase this home.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 3, 2013
Rhonda Porter answered:
Carl, I highly recommend selecting a local Mortgage Professional who will watch rates for you. What I'm offering my clients in Washington State who are waiting for "under 5%" is to begin the application process so that we have everything we need in order to lock when the rate is available.

When the rates dip into the 'below 5' range, many LO's become inundated and are not able to handle all the request from potential borrowers. They have to tend to those who are committed to them first (often with a forward lock agreement) and will contact "rate shoppers" next.

Another factor is that the actual banks/lenders will become too busy to handle the rates and they will either shut down their lock desk or "artifically" increase rates in order to slow down new locks.

The industry has fewer people to handle all the request...last week, I heard a stat from the Washington Association of Mortgage Professionals that we have gone from 14,000 licensed loan originators in Washington State to 4,000 in two years!

Be sure to consider what your current rate is, what rate you need to break even on closing costs and how long you plan to retain your current home.

Good luck!
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 21, 2009
Valerie Spaulding answered:
Hi Christie - there are currently (3) for rent at 400 Washington starting at 1250 up to 1800. If you would like to drop me an email ( or give me a call -1-800-228-9523 x300 , I can give you more specifics. Have a great day! ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu May 23, 2013
Jeff and Ginny Mitchell answered:
Wow. That is a new twist on crime. Did you report the theft? Were you the only victim or have there been others as well? By plants, do you mean flowers, a bush, or a tree? Do you have a large yard where this could happen easily under the cover of darkness, or would it be possible to install a motion sensor light on the corners of your home to startle someone and perhaps alert you that someone is in the yard. Where is Manette, Bremerton? Do you have teens that may be playing tricks on friends' homes or were valuable plantings (one or more) taken? Let us know if this is an ongoing issue and if the authorities catch the perpetrator. If this becomes a really bad problem, there are also more expensive motion detecting mini cameras that hook up to your computer that could be useful in addition to the fairly inexpensive motion sensitive lights that are easily available. Hope you follow up so we know what happens. Sometimes these things start spreading elsewhere. Good luck. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 8, 2008
Debt Free Dave answered:
Have a title company do a title search on the property. This should give you what you are looking for. The encumbrance will show up on the title report.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice
Bremerton Zip Codes