Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Boston : Real Estate Advice

  • All1K
  • Local Info121
  • Home Buying459
  • Home Selling56
  • Market Conditions33

Activity 797
Mon Jul 7, 2014
Mario Pavli answered:
Just your I-20 and a copy of the passport will do. Also bank statement from whoever will be paying for your apartment will need to show sufficient amount.

Best Of Luck.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 26, 2013
Tim Moore answered:
Usually if a Realtor finds a renter a rental the landlord pays any commission.
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 10, 2014
Joyce Lin answered:
REALTOR® is a brand, it means the licensed individual pays dues to the National Association of REALTORS® and to the State Association of REALTORS® and to the local Board of REALTORS®.

It is *not* the job, but many people think it is.

You must be a licensed real estate agent to sell real estate. You do not have to be a REALTOR® to sell real estate.

A licensed agent is the "entry level" for the job. A Broker has a higher level of training. You must work as a licensed sales agent for a Broker for 3 years before you can take the Broker training and then exam to become a Broker.

There's no such thing as an unlicensed real estate agent.

... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 1, 2013
Meri Galstian answered:
This is where choosing a good Realtor is crucial. If there are seriously bad things, they should advise against purchasing the home and wouldn't put you in that kind of situation. However, we don't always know everything about every property we show so we can't control that which we don't know. But to put it simply, yes they should.

Meri Galstian
Boston Luxury Residential
... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 18, 2013
CH Naamad answered:
Boston is known for bad traffic, missing street signs when you need them, good seafood, clam chowder, historic districts, tons of students, and a great walk-able city.
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 17, 2013
Louis Wolfson answered:
South Boston or Brookline would be wise choices
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 22, 2013
Rafael Hernandez answered:
You first have to check the area for zoning restrictions, then check with the town to see what is allowed in that specific area. The more information you get on the town and restrictions beforehand can help save you a lot of money in the long run. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 15, 2013
Rafael Hernandez answered:
Usually you cannot do this. If you are getting a rehab loan you can get a loan for the house and get addtional funds to do work to the house. I would recommend that you contact a mortgage broker to get more details. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 27, 2013
Rafael Hernandez answered:
As long as both the seller and buyer agree to these provisions you may be able to have an attorney draft up these additional provisions. I would definitely recommend that you use an attorney to make any changes once a P&S has been drafted. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 27, 2013
bill meissner answered:
Too many variables to say. You'll need to speak to your lender prior to the closing.
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 6, 2014
Michael Pallares answered:
Hi Karen,

I think that getting the opinion of a licensed appraiser is the best way to go.

While I don't want to discount the value of having a real estate agent evaluate the property, the safest/easiest means of getting the property's value is via an appraiser familiar with South Boston properties. Buying or selling a home within the same family can be emotionally trying so any steps you can take to make the pricing opinion as objective as possible is best.

Please feel free to contact me if you need any further advice during this process. You can reach me directly at (617) 899-3162 or via my website

And good luck to you and your brother.
... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 29, 2013
Michael Suffoletto answered:
The 80-10-10 options are certainly available. Not all lenders offer piggyabck above 80% combined loan to value, but there are options available. We also have a jumbo option which is a single loan at 90% of the purchase price without private mortgage insurance, PMI. ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 13, 2013
Richard Shapiro answered:
Yes but you should discuss with your attorney and mortgage person to make sure these would be acceptable for your financing .
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Tue May 14, 2013
Rafael Hernandez answered:
You still can. Feel free to give me a call. What areas are you looking at. Also sometimes you find landlords that may allow you to explain your situation and if you both make good money they may also consider you as an option id you are willing to pay a security deposit. Also for long term plans you can start repairing your score with some help available out there through different programs and sites. Check out my rental site. Www.realtyaplus/rent ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 28, 2013
Rafael Hernandez answered:
There a few ways but the best two ways is usually refinancing for a lower rate or if you have taxes and insurance included in your payments then another way is to lower your insurance payments by finding a more competively priced insurance company as we as by lowering the taxes on the property via owner occupancy exemption or having city re-access your property. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 14, 2013
Richard Shapiro answered:
Fri Aug 26, 2016
Meri Galstian answered:
"Subprime" refers to a lending practice where loans are extended to people with high credit risk. This is what primarily caused the housing bubble to burst in the late 2000's.

Meri Galstian ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 14, 2013
Thaddeus Kuznicki answered:
Robo-signing is when a bank uses employees to sign court documents.
The problem is that these employees just skim over the paperwork and don' t actually know whether or not the person is truly at the proper point to default....which makes it illegal.
A bank is not suppose to foreclose without an employees personally knowing all of the details.
This is why many banks suspended foreclosures at some point.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 12, 2013
Richard Shapiro answered:
Your explanation seems reasonable. As long as you have rectified the issue I wouldn't worry. If you get a mortgage soon you may have to write an explanation letter for the underwriter. If you search goes on another month or two it will be a total non issue. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 8, 2013
Justin Boivin answered:
Any specifics on what places you're looking for?
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice