Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Beacon : Real Estate Advice

  • All51
  • Local Info5
  • Home Buying8
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 12
Tue Apr 14, 2015
Barbara Grandolfo answered:
Hi Allen,

Hire a competent and knowledgeable real estate agent with a proven track record in your area!

Best of luck,

Barbara Grandolfo
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 6, 2013
Anna M Brocco answered:
When it comes to any safety/crime related issues, it's always best to contact the local police department with all your questions, hear all there is to hear firsthand. If unfamiliar with the area(s) do revisit more than once and at different times of day, possibly chat with locals/neighbors. Real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase/rent, or not, in specific neighborhoods.
... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 2, 2012
Fort Lauderdale Luxury Condos And Homes answered:
I would contact a listing agent to list your home on the MLS. They will also be able to help you with the particulars while you are away. Best of luck in your journey.
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Wed May 5, 2010
Patrick Thies answered:
Check your contract and see if it is indicated under the inspection contingency. Most contract will stipulate a time to respond to inspection issues.

The repairs do not necessarily need to be completed, but you should hear some type of response from the seller witin a matter of days after receiving your request for repairs. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 30, 2010
Gregory Schreiber answered:
It will depend a lot on the municpality. If you give me the condo complex name, I can give you the info in more detail Thanks!
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 4, 2009
Gregory Schreiber answered:
Nothing is normal when it comes to short sales. You should check with your agent and attorney.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 3, 2009
Gregory Schreiber answered:
If you absolutely won't move until 2010, then January would be the right start date. However, by waiting that long, you won't be able to get the $8,000 from the federal government as a 1st time buyer. Also, there is the risk of higher interest rates at that point. If you would like more information, please let me know. Thanks!

Greg Schreiber
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun May 10, 2009
Gregory Schreiber answered:
You are looking at around mid to high 200's in Putnam County and the mid to high 100s just north in Dutchess County. In Eastern Dutchess and Putnam you can get government loans for 100% financing with no mortgage insurance. And if you haven't owned a home in 3 years, you could get up to $8,000 cash from the government after buying. Let me know if you need more info. Thanks for your interest!

Gregory D. Schreiber
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Keller Williams Realty Team
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Mar 30, 2009
John Durso answered:
Rombout Village is Co-Op not Condo. Diffrent legal terms and requires special financing. In a Co-op purchase you are purchasing shares of a corporation not actually the Real Estate. You still get to use it and sell it in a similar way, but there are some further legal diffrences. Co-ops are much harder to finance and tend to have higher common charges. If you would like any help with a purchase, please contact me at 845-591-5274 ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 17, 2011
Abijah Spence answered:
The place you should start is the Beacon City Common Council Meetings to get your
idea started, it needs approval from them.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Jul 5, 2008
Ekman answered:
let me know too!!! let me know too!!!let me know too!!!let me know too!!!let me know too!!!let me know too!!!
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Beacon Zip Codes