Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in Arkansas : Real Estate Advice

  • All70
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying47
  • Home Selling7
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 50
Thu Dec 27, 2012
jmj_55555 asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 19, 2012
Daniel Alvarez answered:
Are you aware of the HAMP loan modification program?

If you were denied a HAMP loan modificaton then you'll likely qualify for HAFA (HAMP denial is a prerequisite in order to get accepted into this program). Ocwen is on the list of participants.

HAFA rundown:

1) You must first attempt to short sale the property for a minimum of 120 days before a deed in lieu
2) You will be granted up to $6,000 in relocation money regardless of whether you short sale the property or give the deed in lieu
3) The lender would have to waive any and all deficiencies.

Your best bet right now is to find a counseling agency on the website and have them work this file and get ocwen to play fair.

Good Luck. Please feel free to share any updates. I hope it works out for you.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Oct 18, 2012
Terry McCarley answered:
Call the Clerk of Courts office. The home may not have actually sold at auction - it might have been turned over to the bank.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 17, 2013
David Bolick answered:
I'm not sure what you mean by "in conveyence"'s either Conveyed or Not Conveyed. When HUD forcloses on a home they get any and all occupants out long before they turn it over to a real estate agent to sell it. If it were occupied and owned by HUD, it would NOT be occupied...otherwise the occupant would be tresspassing and the agent would call the cops to have them arrested. If you want to provide me with any specifics like the Address, I can look up the status of ownership and sale status and assist you with a better answer. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 18, 2012
Dick House asked:
Tue May 29, 2012
Chris asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri May 11, 2012
Steven Atwell answered:
If it is being foreclosed you will have to move unless it is being foreclosed by a local bank and then you may be able to stay. But most likely you will have to move. Not sure of California laws but i am pretty sure you will have to leave ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Aug 15, 2012
g13169 answered:
If you re a certain age, you can get a reverse mortgage if you have equity in your home.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 13, 2012
Terry McCarley answered:
You will need to talk to an attorney. If you financed the home and put the deed in the tenants name you will have to foreclose which can be a long and costly thing to do.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat May 21, 2011
Amanda Butler answered:
You can contact a Realtor, like myself to help you navigate the process of purchasing a foreclosure. I am a Crye-Leike agent and would love to help you! I would need at least a street address of the property you are interested in purchasing. I would love to speak with you about your interest! Amanda Butler
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 2, 2012
Phil Rotondo answered:
Yes, as long as the home will be owner occupied.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 30, 2010
Shawn Burns answered:
A master lock will accept only the one key that is designed to open it. On a Protecto lock, any key that fits into the lock will open the lock until the Protecto Key is used. Once the Protecto Key is inserted into the lock, then lock adjusts its internal mechanisms to only accept that key for future use. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat May 21, 2011
Dr. Trash answered:
The property is in conveyance condition when it is undamaged by fire, flood, earthquake, tornado, hurricane, or boiler explosion. If convey is during grass cutting season, the grass must have been cut within 2 weeks of convey. Mortgagees are to remove materials considered unhealthy or hazardous prior to convey. Property must not be occupied. Property is secure and had been secured following the guideline requirements including lock codes and the same goes with outbuildings with proper locks and key codes boarding if required must be complete as per HUD specs. Pools, hot tubs, and/or spas are secure. The property has been winterized (in season) utilities have been transferred into the Mortgagee’s name. Exterior/Interior debris and health hazards have been removed from the property as well as personal property. The property is free from change, other than that due to mortgagees neglect and/or unfinished renovations except for fire, water, freeze, flood, earthquake, tornado, hurricane, boiler explosion, vandalism and roof changes, there are no outstanding property condition code, violations, or citations. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 21, 2010
dwayne allen answered:
You might find this link helpful...
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 21, 2010
Sharon asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 23, 2010
David Bolick answered:'s not legit. Someone got their wires crossed. It either used to be a rental before the foreclosure OR it's no longer a foreclosure...someone bought it and now renting it. If you give me the MLS # I'll look it up for you. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 27, 2010
Judy Luna answered:
How did you make the bid? Contact the agent or other person that you used to make the bid and ask them to find out if your offer was accepted or not. Even if the listing expired, there is usually a "post-listing" period in the Arkansas listing agreements whereby the agent would still get paid. However, since it is a bank-owned property, the bank may have used their own form to list the property so if the bank took the listing from the agent, the agent may not be willing to help.

I checked in the NW arkansas MLS (Multiple Listing service) and could not find the house listed recently. Is the realtor a member of the MLS?

I would be glad to help you but I don't have enough information. If you visit my website below, contact me there.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Oct 14, 2010
Ed Simpson answered:

I am sorry that no one got back to you earlier. Would you please contact me at 479-409-4992 and let me know the your status with this home or to purchase a home. REALTORS are required to present any and all offers so I hope your offer was presented prior to the REALTOR losing the listing. I would appreciate you allowing me to offer my services to help you. I look forward to hearing from you.
... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 16, 2010
David Bolick answered:
Dixie...NO, ABSOLUTELY NO. Liens are as they say "Noticed up" by the attorney for the mortgagee and depending on the attorney, you may or may not have someone that covered all the bases possible. So you "could" purchase a property along "with" a lien and have to pay it as well. Most likely and in most cases, yes...all the liens are found and sent a notice and in those cases they will be erased in virtually all cases, HOWEVER, if anyone buys a auction property off the Courthouse Steps, you MUST obtain a "Title Committment" from a title company which will show all the liens of record. Then you can make sure all "those" liens have been noticed up before actually making your bid. It's a long and detailed process of work before you get to the point of actually "bidding". If you need any additional help, just let me know. David ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun May 30, 2010
Dan Chase answered:
Do not do it. You see realtytrack is not showing houses for sale at a given price. realtytrack shows how far behind on a payment ) OR the amount of a loan that is behind in payments.

That means the house almost certainly is NOT for sale.

If any house is actually for sale as a foreclosure any realtor can help you. They have access to the MLS which shows the properties really for sale. A realtor will not charge you to find out about real foreclosures. It is a much better way to go.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
1 2 3
Search Advice