Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Alsip : Real Estate Advice

  • All29
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying11
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 12
Mon Sep 23, 2013
Geoff Ommen answered:
You may have built a great home, but the appraisal is going to dictate the maximum you will be able to sell it for. The details you have provided tell a lot, but there is more that needs to bee seen. Alsip has had 26 single family homes close in the last year. There have only been 2 homes that have closed at over $100/sq foot, so the odds of an appraisal coming in at $130 are low. That being said, the only way you could get a more accurate answer is by having an agent do a Comparative Market Analysis.

Geoff Ommen
Broker Baird & Warner
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 27, 2013
ceonn asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 25, 2012
Suzanne Hamilton answered:
There are three condos for sale in Chapel Hill on Mint Julip. They are 94-125k. Two are on the third floor.

If you would like to see them, please feel free to give me a call.

Suzanne Hamilton
Managing Broker/Owner
RE Marketing Consultants, Inc.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Oct 23, 2012
Suzanne Hamilton answered:
Taxes are about 3700 per year, but there is no homestead exemption, if this is correct, so possible could be less. $218 per month assessment, but this is a condo building with an elevator and heated indoor parking.

These are nice condos. I was there when they were built and sold them new. Let me know if you want to see. I would be happy to show you.

Suzanne Hamilton
Managing Broker/Owner
RE Marketing Consultants
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 26, 2013
Sally Grenier answered:
Any local REALTOR has access to ALL foreclosures. DO NOT USE REALTY TRAC. It's a scam. They lure you in with a free trial, but then want to charge you later. And the "listings" they have on here usually are fake and don't include a real address.

All bank owned properties are going to be listed in your MLS. Any Realtor has access to the MLS and you can get this information for FREE! And the Realtor will take you around to look at those properties for FREE! It's really the best deal out there.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 22, 2012
Scott Godzyk answered:
If you are selling to only cash buyers the price will need to be lower as they will be looking for a deal. Your listing agent can explain the differences along with what exact values to expect. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Sep 7, 2012
Marge Bennett answered:
if you have enough equity, you might consider offering a lease option if the association would allow it. If you own it free and clear you could offer seller financing
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sun Aug 12, 2012
Suzanne Hamilton answered:
Veronica -

Do you have a CHA voucher or cook county voucher? 2 bedroom voucher? With suburban apartment buildings, it has been my experience that the landlords don't usually deal with Realtors and don't list on the MLS. They have their own leasing people. I would look on section 8 website as they often list there - here is the link. There are a few there. Or just drive around the areas you are looking in and call on the signs. Hurry - the timetable you have is very small. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 15, 2011
Anthony Cavalea IV answered:
Wow, 9 years is a long time. You should have filed suit in court 9 years ago to get your money back, and this would have been sorted out. The Illinois State Treasurer was supposed to have been given the money already. If the broker took the money or dispersed it without your permission or a court order, they could be in some trouble, although the broker is only required to keep records as old as five years. If I were you, I would contact the real estate BROKER and find out what happened to the money. See if they will provide you with any records. The first step is tracking down the money, and then you probably need to file suit to get it back. But being so long ago, people are going to be hard to find, and records are likely destroyed. You're probably going to have a hard time finding your money. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 28, 2011
Thelma Murry-sykes asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 21, 2011
Anna M Brocco answered:
Fri Oct 2, 2009
Stan Battersby answered:
Go to the government sit like (county you live in).gov
Then go to Recorded Docs.
Then put in the address and look up the property and it will tell you if they have been sent the notice of default.
Here in Phoenix Arizona I go to
Then to
Recorded Docs
Then I put in the address or name of the owner and it brings up all the information on the property or person.
You just have to filter trough the files until you find the right one.
Hope this helps you Stan
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Alsip Zip Codes