Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Albemarle County : Real Estate Advice

  • All3
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying1
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 28
Mon Apr 9, 2012
Team McDonald answered:
Find yourself a good buyers agent who specializes in condos. They will assist you with all your purchase needs.

If you need a recommendation just let me know.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 21, 2009
Jim Duncan answered:
There is no general rule about assessments' relation to market value in Charlottesville/Albemarle and the surrounding counties.

With the dearth of sold comps, buyers (and sellers) are paying more attention to the assessments, but there is no market-wide correlation between what the properties are assessed for and what they are selling for.

That being said, sometimes correlations and insight can be drawn when analyzing specific properties and neighborhoods ...
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 30, 2010
Team McDonald answered:
one thing to see when looking at any townhome or condo is the HOA (home owner association) fees.
Have you checked that out for this area?
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 29, 2009
ValorieLynn answered:
Look at The Hook's foreclosure website to see what properties are going to auction. As far as liens, you have to order a title search or go down to the court house and see what has been filed. It's public knowledge, but Charlottesville doesn't display the documents online as many other cities do. There are some agents that work with the banks and if you search their listings you can see what properties are bank owned as well, but you have to have a real estate agent that you are working with to facilitate that! Best of luck!
Valorie Ford
Keller Willilams Realty
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Jan 2, 2009
Scott Godzyk answered:
Tony there is no simple answer. You will need to review your contract and look for outs. Your buyer broker should be able to assist you. You may have no other choice but to use your free first consultation with a real estate attorney, he can review your contract and situation for exact laws on your side. good luck with working things out. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 16, 2011
Team McDonald answered:
The answer is not a simple number. We actually have a very good market in our area and the best thing to do is to use a true Buyers Agent to run a proper CMA and help you with all aspects of the transaction. My group of experienced agents are ready to help you out. Feel free to contact me by my website, email or call me.

Best regards,
Charles A. McDonald
(cell) 434-981-1585, (fax) 866-527-9526
Associate BROKER at RE/MAX Assured Properties, Licensed to sell Real Estate in Virginia
ABR, e-PRO, SRES CAAR Professional Honor Society, CAAR Technology Group
"Your Outstanding RE/MAX Agent in Charlottesville Virginia"
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 30, 2008
Vicky Chrisner answered:
I have a great web site where land can be marketed that will get you this level of exposure. In general, though, I suspect this mostly has to do with land for development - and you're in a pretty rural area. But, we are seeing international buyers for all types of properties. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 26, 2014
Keith Sorem answered:
I would look for Realtors that have current listings in that area. If you'd like a referral let me know and I'll try to find one for you.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice