Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

98189 : Real Estate Advice

  • All0
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying0
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 722
Wed Jan 23, 2013
Jeff Strand answered:
I have a rental three bedroom beautiful executive home coming on the rental home soon. It's on north Captiol Hill with your price range. When are you looking to move? Feel free to call on me to discuss.

Jeff S.
Queen Anne Real Estate
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 11, 2013
Stacey Lange answered:
Our team agent, Chance Drake -- is just the person you are looking addition to the knowledge he has been a lifetime resident of Renton and knows the area and market very well.

Here is his contact information if you would like to reach out to him:
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 8, 2013
Carrie Haymond, CRS answered:
Let's talk - I live in Seattle my office is Mercer island
Carrie Haymond
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 30, 2013
Stacey Lange answered:
You can search Beacon Hill Rentals and Homes for Sale here --
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 23, 2013
Antoinette Contreras answered:
My name is Antoinette Contreras and I'm a broker with Coldwell Banker Bain and work in our Seattle Capitol Hill Office.

I would love talking to you. Please call or email me directly and we can further discuss your move here.

Have wonderful day,
Antoinette Contreras
Coldwell Banker Bain

Ph: 916-284-7781
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 22, 2013
Ardell Dellaloggia answered:
Bellevue or Issaquah is usually the choice for those parameters. $800,000 buys a lot more house in Issaquah...or Sammamish, than in Bellevue. I'm sure others will give their thought as well. ... more
0 votes 25 answers Share Flag
Sat Dec 29, 2012
Alain Picard answered:
If you click on the link below it will take you to a map of the area you are asking about. If you click on Date Range tab next to Map Tools just above the map you can change the dates so that you are looking at July. You can also change the types of crimes that you are looking for. If you would like to take a look at this house or any other house just give me a call and I can show you the inside. Hope this helps.

Cell: 253-861-7386
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 3, 2013
Dan Tabit answered:
I think it may be possible. It will likely come down to how a lender considers your income and if you have much other debt. Your first stop could be a Realtor or a Lender, but the lender will be the necessary step for pre-approval. Rather than walk into just any lender a great Realtor will have recommendations to lenders who have served them well and may have the ability to arrange the financing. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Dec 26, 2012
Christopher Lefebvre answered:
As long as the seller agrees and your lender can still close then you should be okay. Be sure to get an extension in writing from the seller otherwise they could sell to another buyer.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 11, 2012
Dean Orrico answered:
It depends on the size of the house along with the purchase price. You can roughly get a price per sq ft however garage/basement sq ft is not as valuable. But let's get down to brass tacks. It depends on what the purpose of the appraisal is. Let's not forget that even though it's a professional opinion it's still an opinion. Your best bet would be to get a value contingent on professional installation of a garage door. Depending on what the value difference is you can decide whether it's worth spending the dough on a door. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 3, 2013
Dan Tabit answered:
Construction loans are available, but the exact structure will depend on several factors. Last I knew there were loans that were strictly for construction and you would need to arrange a permanent mortgage after everything was completed. The other type is one loan construction to permanent. The rate during the construction period floats with the market and can be set for the final mortgage when the project is near completion.
You will need to speak with a mortgage professional to fill in many details. You indicate you want to build the home yourself with the assistance of some contractors, if you have a construction background this may be available but banks will be very wary of first time builders, there is so much to learn.
I've worked with a company that consults with owner/builders and provides much of the structure and guidance a project like this needs. If this would be useful, contact me and I'll see if I can make a connection. I also have lenders who may be able to help.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 28, 2015
Max Feinstein answered:
Yes, it is possible but there are other factors that go into it as well (down payment etc). Feel free to contact me and I can also get you in touch with a mortgage broker. I hope this helps!

Max Feinstein
Broker - The Cascade Team
... more
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 28, 2012
Maria Cipollone answered:
Your best option will be get in touch with a mortgage broker, they have access to many banks, private lenders and many different programs. Choose one that can answer all your questions in the first meeting and give at least two financial options.

Best of Luck,

Maria Cipollone

Century 21 Tenace
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 4, 2012
Wendy Hughes-Jelen answered:
Wallingford is a neighborhood in Seattle, I have not heard of the McDonald or Stanford "districts". Maybe someone else has.
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 13, 2013
Dean Orrico answered:
Hi Lorrie. You may have to wait a bit longer due to the foreclosure. Typically 5-7 years depending on circumstances. You'll want to talk to a direct lender like Cobalt Mortgage (I can send you a great contact) who can avoid the typical overlays by selling directly to Fannie Mae. Regarding FHA, you may want to check on your income as well. Whether it's a brand new house in a planned community has no impact on whether or not you can obtain financing unless it was a townhome/condo community with an HOA.

At the end of the day, you'll want to talk to a great lender. Let me know if I can help you any further.

... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Sun Dec 2, 2012
Jeff Strand answered:
Hi Courtney

On my website there are some links you should take a look at. One is the State of Washington's report card on schools outlining test scores by school and district. The second link to look at is "School Digger" where you can get specific information on the schools in a local area and review feedback left by parents. There's lots to look at.

Also, if you're interested in being in the city, Seattle is fond of reading so there's a list of local libraries on this page too.

You can access the information from my website by following this link.

If I can be of assistance should you consider looking for a home in the Metro Seattle areas of Queen Anne, Magnolia, Madison Park or Capitol Hill, please reach out to me. I also work with clients relocating here for careers at Amazon or other tech companies.

Jeff S
Queen Anne Real Estate
... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Sun Dec 2, 2012
Chris Loeliger answered:
I haven't seen your contract and every contract has its own intricacies. But, in general, based on the contracts written up on NWMLS forms here in the Seattle area, a seller can almost never 'back out' of a deal. The contract states that it must close within 35 days. The bank is essentially giving one more week of leeway in case there are any last minute delays that take a day or two.

If the buyer or seller fails to perform and does not close the deal within the 35 day period as specified on the contract, then it is not a case of 'backing out.' The situation is that the contract is now failed (i don't know what the real legal term is) but the buyer and seller did not perform to the contract. So, it's done. That contract is thrown out the window and you move on. The additional week the bank is allowing has nothing to do with this situation unless the buyer and seller agree in writing to extend the closing date beyond the 35 days.

If the buyer and seller agree to extend the close 2-3 weeks more, even beyond the 1 week granted by the bank, that is fine. They can do that. It is still a binding contract between buyer and seller. But, they now longer have the bank's approval and the bank may refuse to remove the lien from the property which would prevent the property being transferred to the new buyer. They would have to get the bank to approve the extended close time frame. This happens regularly.

So, yes, the selling agent is right to push to close within the 35 day period or you have failed to perform to the contract. The bank's approval date is meaningless with regards to the contract that the buyer and seller have signed with each other.
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 18, 2017
The Cascade Team Real Estate answered:
No they are not. Unlike traditional lot built homes, modular homes even after being tied to the land can and often do still depreciate much like an automobile. Not a wise choice.
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 18, 2012
Wendy Hughes-Jelen answered:
Where you setlle in the Puget Sound area should be largely based on your commute needs. What will you be doing for employment here? Traffic here may not be as bad as L.A, but I believe Seattle area traffic is #3 horrible in the country so really needs to be taken into consideration unless it is shift work and not based on the 8a-5p work cycle.

If you can tell me where your employment center will be, I might make some suggestions based on that. If your household is a telecommuntig household and can live anywhere, then you truly can choose your location strictly based on schools. Try SchoolDigger to research schools and their ratings.
... more
0 votes 18 answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 4, 2012
Dan Tabit answered:
There are no open houses currently showing scheduled in the MLS. This is a vacant new construction house. Any licensed agent can schedule a showing for you. I encourage you to get a Broker of your own, to reprent you on this or any other home you are interested in. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice